387 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

http://www.fourfourt...m_medium=Social

Really comes down to Sean Davis being ready, as well as Tyler Adams being so good. Dax is/was popular, but I've been suggesting the same thing for a while considering the money involved and Dax's age.  Also have to imagine Sacha becomes the captain, something I think comes natural to him.

EDIT:

Official via Team Website

http://www.newyorkre...ty-chicago-fire

200k Allocation in 2017 and 200k Allocation in 2018

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

198 career Metro games in all competitions.

Petke ended with 197.

Oh well.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
That's all we get is money? I'd have thought he's worth more? Like a draft pick, international roster spot or other young prospect as well? Will miss him. He played his ass off for us.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

ugh.

MattGP

MattGP

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

I know it's a business, but NYRB sure seem to treat their legends like shit.

Nice wedding gift...

Thanks for everything captain.

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

no bueno

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts
I liked Dax but was really getting tired of him with his apologies to the fans every time they shit the bed. He was awful in the playoffs as well so this move makes plenty of sense.

SimonSays

SimonSays

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Supports:Metro, AC Milan

I know we're selling high, that even last season he started to show signs of decline, that we're clearing a logjam at his position.

But still, this feels like trading Jeter.

Gutted.

FORZA ROSSONERI

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Sucks to see Dax go but I do think it helps the team and we are getting good value on Dax. 

Don't think it was a coincidence that the team looked better with Davis last year while Dax was out for that stretch.  That said, Dax did a great job so it does hurt seeing him go.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Fuck it's always tough to see a fan favorite leave like this. To a conference rival no less. Wonder if he saw this coming at all. 

Before even going into what this trade means on the field, just gotta reflect and say a big thanks to Dax. It's not always a guy stays with this team for so long and he definitely was a great genuine guy. Will miss him. 

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Timing was nasty being he just got married and is busting his b***s at nat camp. Wifey must be wondering what's going on. It's a business unfortunately. Will miss Dax. Always a Metro!

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Timing was nasty being he just got married and is busting his b***s at nat camp. Wifey must be wondering what's going on. It's a business unfortunately. Will miss Dax. Always a Metro!

That's the thing, you can make this move if you feel that it'll open things up to make the team better. But the timing of the move is awful and only something that RB could pull off. Dude literally just got married. Hopefully the team was open with him and he knew that he was on the market and that this didn't come as a surprise to him. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Essentially this frees up like 700-800K on our cap.  The 300-400 for Dax's salary, then another 400k in allocation money.  Davis has proven there is no big drop off, and Tyler Adams is only getting better. 

Still hoping we add a player.  A Right back and some type of forward.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
Fucking A. I understand the trade, but it still sucks. Best of luck to Dax the rest of his career and beyond. He played balls to the wall and fought every second of his time here. He will always be a beloved Metro legend.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,266 posts

Fuck it's always tough to see a fan favorite leave like this. To a conference rival no less. Wonder if he saw this coming at all. 

Before even going into what this trade means on the field, just gotta reflect and say a big thanks to Dax. It's not always a guy stays with this team for so long and he definitely was a great genuine guy. Will miss him. 

Chicago isn't a rival to anyone in recent years lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users