773 replies to this topic

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Metro

Victor Boniface of Bodo/Glimt in Norway seems to be an interesting option. Tall forward can be used as a target man or poacher and his contract expires in December of 2022 so next year. He’s coming off a second acl injury at a young age which is concerning but if we can bring him in for cheaper than what he was expected to go for when Club Brugge were interested he could be a valuable signing if he can stay healthy. He is 20 years old

Marko Raguz of LASK in Austria is also interesting high pressing seems to be a strength, there’s mobility can finish with either foot  and it seems he hasn’t been playing as much this season so maybe we can bargain with LASK. He’s 23 years old.

Finally there’s Renato Kayzer of Athletico-PR of Brazil. A pressing mobile striker that can also be used as a poacher seems to be also interesting. Had 6 goals in 28 matches but I think he could increase that tally at mls level. He’s 25 years old. 

all of these guys would be promising forward additions that I think have yet to reach their full potential to the attack but I think it would be hard to acquire any of them without using either a U22 initiative for boniface or a high allocation but not designated player spot for the latter two. We all are just fans at the end of the day and aren’t sure who the club will end up bringing in but I do think one of these three names is ideal or players of similar caliber or even traits. I’m going to next look for players with more of a success rate for scoring goals as strubers team didn’t even eclipse 40 goals.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

One guy I also wouldn’t mind giving a look if we maybe can get Barnsley to either loan him somehow or sell him for a reasonable price is Aapo Halme 23 years old of Finland. He’s had an interesting go of it so far and Struber is familiar with him I’m sure. You can deploy him either as a CB or as a DM. I think there’s upside with him at 6’5 I’m sure he’s probably pretty good with winning aerial duels and such also seems to fit the mold as ball winning midfielder. Passing could be a concern. His contract is up this June but there’s an option to extend it.

For goalkeeper along with getting Coronel, Meara, and AJ back there’s a goalkeeper that’s American currently playing in Israel for Maccabi Haifa and he seems to be doing really good out there as their number 1 keeper and previously played in USL Championship before heading out there. At 29 I’d probably still sign him as that’s good standing age for a gk that will provide depth and competition. He also played this year in Europa league qualifiers and in the conference league. He would be a domestic roster spot as well. His name is Josh Cohen.

Casper Tengstedt who’s 21 is on a fantastic run since permanently signing with AC Horsens who play in the danish 2nd tier. Granted it’s not the best level but his production at that level definitely shows he’d be more than good enough in the top flight or mls. The guy has 12 goals and 5 assists on 16 games. It’s pretty spectacular honestly he’s been praised for his positioning and is a a mobility striker that just seems to score goals. 

I think we are desperate to find a way to establish depth in our ranks and if any of these guys are acquirable I’d say seal the deal.

reyes7

reyes7

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Supports:rbny

"For goalkeeper along with getting Coronel, Meara, and AJ back........"

We still have Jensen don't we?

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

"For goalkeeper along with getting Coronel, Meara, and AJ back........"

We still have Jensen don't we?

Hes out on loan.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Andrea Hristov of Slavia Sofia is 22 years old and from Bulgaria. An interesting player you can either deploy him at CB, RCB, or RB hs 6’3 and would bring versatility to the backline. 

We also couldn’t go wrong with Carlens Arcus of Haiti playing in the French 2nd tier for AJ Auxerre. He can play Right Back primarily but could also feature as a DM and is fantastic at ball interceptions. He’s 25 years old and his contract is expiring in June. Also being a concacaf player has him closer to play with his national team. I like this player.

Kaheem Parris is a playmaker that specifically can play out wide but I do think we could still utilize him. He’s 21 and from Jamaica capped 4 times by the national team and currently playing for FC Koper in the Slovenian top flight. 5 goals and 3 assists it seems in 16 appearances isn’t a bad return for a player of that age. Also would be closer to his national team and would get more exposure in mls. I can see this being a depth piece.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
I think Luis Sinisterra would be perfect for Struber and Metro and is ideally exactly what a Designated Player should be... He would be the next level of a Almiron or Martínez signing...

Luis Sinisterra is 22 years old and can play as a withdrawn striker or attacking Mid or left winger... Plays for a competitive league and well renowned club at Feyenoord. But Feyenoord isn't Real Madrid or Barcelona or Manchester United or Liverpool..

He can be pulled away from Feyenoord but it will take money, maybe Kaku type money maybe even Barco type fee but I think he would be worth it.. This season he's 22 years old played, 24 games this season, has 13 goals and 7 assists. You would think in MLS his numbers would be better and at 22 he will definitely get better as he becomes more polished and experienced
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Luis Sinisterra 22 yrs old

Left Winger/Second Striker/Attacking mid

This season so far 24 games, 13 goals, 7 assists

https://youtu.be/n7gUQXFWpPE

https://youtu.be/L_1w56yakCA

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Feyenoord isn't Real Madrid or Barcelona or Manchester United or Liverpool.

Few clubs are. Certainly not RBNY. Feyenoord are big in Holland and well-known world-wide, although not glamorous.
I was in London when they played the first leg of the UEFA Cup final. Despite their rep, their fans were well-behaved, unlike the Spurs fan in the return leg. https://en.m.wikiped..._UEFA_Cup_Final

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Few clubs are. Certainly not RBNY. Feyenoord are big in Holland and well-known world-wide, although not glamorous.
I was in London when they played the first leg of the UEFA Cup final. Despite their rep, their fans were well-behaved, unlike the Spurs fan in the return leg. https://en.m.wikiped..._UEFA_Cup_Final

Sounds like a great time.

But going back to Luis Sinisterra...

I think Feeynord would definitely part with him. It wouldn't have to be a Neymar transfer fee or Messi salary...

It might have to be more than what they spent on Kaku but i honestly think the kid can come to MLS right now and be MVP caliber. At 22 he will also continue to get better as well.. And he's young enough to be resold to the EPL in 3 years...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I think Feeynord would definitely part with him.

Why? I do not see them going to the trouble of acquiring him from Colombia, developing him, then selling him to an MLS club, frankly a step down IMO. He is already starting & scoring in Europa games.

It might have to be more than what they spent on Kaku

Transfermarkt is guesstimating $12M.
ATM, he might be going for $22M.
I cannot see RBNY spending that much.

he's young enough to be resold to the EPL in 3 years...

Newcastle might be targeting him already:
https://www.geordieb...-feyenoord/amp/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
The folks at the athletic did a review when the the latest salary figures were released, and one of the items that came out is that MLS is at a disadvantage and has to pay a premium to convince any player to come play in MLS, specially if that player is already in the radar for others in Europe

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

He has 4 league goals in the last 4 seasons combined.

I think we're good passing on that level of production.

we must be bored if we are chatting up someone with 1G/Year. 

Oh but what was is G+/- XG???????

;-)

Who is the next Salzburg transfer? I don't know them enough - anyone can add?

Any RBL Right Backs that want to take Angelino's path to playing time in MLS (albeit NYC) and then to starter at RBL??

You would think Jesse might send this guy who seems to be 3rd on the depth chart over here
Solomon Bonnah*
Right-Back

Dutch Ghania - 2 caps - 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Victor Davila at Leon. Could probably do 10+ goals per season in this league.

https://www.youtube....h?v=TH1XfnCZ5M4

24, 2 caps for Chile.

There's real talent in Mexico (Zelaryan, Felipe Mora at Portland), and you can get players who have proven they can score for the same price we got Klimala.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Victor Davila at Leon. Could probably do 10+ goals per season in this league.

https://www.youtube....h?v=TH1XfnCZ5M4

24, 2 caps for Chile.

There's real talent in Mexico (Zelaryan, Felipe Mora at Portland), and you can get players who have proven they can score for the same price we got Klimala.

I think I have said it before. Poaching Liga MX should be a more frequently used tactic.

richbatt

richbatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

GK Kofi Hope-Gund, the brother of Orlando defender Rio Hope-Gund, just completed the season at Amherst in the ncaa div 3 final. Might he be worth a look as a trialist? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users