602 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Even if literally nothing else changes, Klimala over Barlow is hopefully enough to make a big difference. Regardless, it's one game. The threads early into Marsch's tenure were regrettable, to say the least. 

checking out this extended highlight - 10-Minute Highlights of Sporting KC’s Win over RBNY (msn.com) - there are a few balls white just didnt have the speed to get to. Klimala's (and Fabio's) speed will spread opponents a bit I think.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Where's Edwards? 

Side note, I still like the idea of a 3-5-2 - with Harper and maybe Royer on the wings - but I'm not sure we have the centerbacks for that. 

We'd get murdered on the flanks if Royer and Harper were the WBs. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

You are assuredly correct. Its just a desire I have - get your best 11 together and see what they can do. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

With presumably Amaya coming in to the fold we're gonna have a lot of options in midfield and they key to his job is gonna be figuring out how to balance our midfield properly. 

I'd also hate to see Royer reduced to a bench player, I think he offers too much offensively to be put there especially considering the lack of goals we get from our midfield players. I know there isn't much room for wingers in a 4-2-2-2 but they somehow manage to fit in the Leipzig and Salzburg squads even though they don't play traditional winger roles. 

Disappointed with the game 1 result but there was enough good there to think that we can build on it and improve, but I think we gotta realize that this is a rebuilding process that's gonna take a little while to gel.  

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Quite possible that if the right deal comes along, Royer will be traded. Would free up quite a bit of salary and there's that int'l slot. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Quite possible that if the right deal comes along, Royer will be traded. Would free up quite a bit of salary and there's that int'l slot. 

While trading Royer to free up salary charge isnt the worst idea.  Part of me wants him to stay to make sure Barlow isnt our 4th string striker after Klimala comes.  But hopefully Harper picked up a knock on Saturday or something and he's another option to play up top or in the mid.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

While trading Royer to free up salary charge isnt the worst idea.  Part of me wants him to stay to make sure Barlow isnt our 4th string striker after Klimala comes.  But hopefully Harper picked up a knock on Saturday or something and he's another option to play up top or in the mid.

Also, there needs to be veteran presence. I think Royer is important for that - however, they were shopping him apparently so what do I know?

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I'm actually kind of optimistic going forward.  Considering Yearwood was out, and with both Amaya and Klimala coming in, you could argue that we were without 3 of our top 5 players.  Below I'm only putting Amaya farther up because it appears as though that maybe the type of player that Struber wants there.

--------Fabio--Klimala

-------------Amaya

----Clark--------Yearwood

-----------Diarra

Gutman Long Nealis Edwards

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Thats close to my ideal lineup with Reyes or Tarek working in for Nealis.

Think Davis is unbenchable though

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I'm actually kind of optimistic going forward.  Considering Yearwood was out, and with both Amaya and Klimala coming in, you could argue that we were without 3 of our top 5 players.  Below I'm only putting Amaya farther up because it appears as though that maybe the type of player that Struber wants there.

--------Fabio--Klimala

-------------Amaya

----Clark--------Yearwood

-----------Diarra

Gutman Long Nealis Edwards

I think you're right there, minus a potential question with who pairs with Long. Those forwards could be dangerous. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

If Diarra goes down with injury, who's gonna start at CDM and do an adequate job? 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

If Diarra goes down with injury, who's gonna start at CDM and do an adequate job? 

Assuming above formation, I'd say Yearwood.  Davis/Valot moves to right side of diamond or Amaya to right side and Harper/Valot/Davis at the tip. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Wingbacks are still defenders. Is this team made more for a narrow 4-3-3 with 3CMs and no #10, with Clark and Harper sharing duties on one wing? I don't love relying on the wide defenders for primary attacking width. The spine needs to be more studly for that I think.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Amaya has historically played as a Destroyer, even though Cinci tried him late in the season as a 10 (he didn't do very well, but that wasn't a great place to play).  Yearwood is a natural central mid, but more of a box to box guy.  Davis is not ideal as a solo holding mid.  He doesn't have the quickness to cover that much ground on his own.   We've played CCJ in front of the back 4, but I don't think solo.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

My biggest concern with Casseres playing there is that last yr and in '19, he wasn't always careful with the ball, and would lose it in the middle third or the defensive third. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users