One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

https://twitter.com/...197488216563713

earlier start

~half the teams will enter a rd earlier. 

the 4 CCL sides and the top 4 in each division enter in the 4th rd, the remaining American-based teams in each division will enter in the 3rd. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

I like it.  Looks like we're going to get less all MLS matchups.  I don't see if they mentioned how or if geography is going to affect the draw?  I imagine there is going to be in the very least an eastern and western divide. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Does it matter? This Team will find a way to chump out of the tourney early to an Amateur team!!!

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Yea, If we are gong to play on turf at a college field and sit our best players,  then I don't care about this tournament anymore.

If we are actually going to try to win it, I'll care. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Yea, If we are gong to play on turf at a college field and sit our best players,  then I don't care about this tournament anymore.

Agree with the turf field (hated that move and didn't go to the game), but they fielded a pretty strong team in the loss vs the Revs. Omir and Ivan over Royer and Kaku may seem blatant, but it was also 3 days after an MLS game, so some rotation was to be expected. BWP was still injured, Long was with the USMNT.

https://int.soccerwa...lution/3025065/

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Agree with the turf field (hated that move and didn't go to the game), but they fielded a pretty strong team in the loss vs the Revs. Omir and Ivan over Royer and Kaku may seem blatant, but it was also 3 days after an MLS game, so some rotation was to be expected. BWP was still injured, Long was with the USMNT.

https://int.soccerwa...lution/3025065/

Hah I completely forgot Muyl took a PK in that game. To be fair, it was a decent shot, the keeper actually made a great save. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I like it.  Looks like we're going to get less all MLS matchups.  I don't see if they mentioned how or if geography is going to affect the draw?  I imagine there is going to be in the very least an eastern and western divide. 

I have no problems with them doing geographic group draws. It's not like all these games sell out so it's silly to fly all the way across the country for this when there are plenty of non MLS teams in the area we can play.

Plus as much as I travel to watch this team bomb out in any knockout format I'd be extremely hard pressed to fly across the country to watch a 3rd round open cup game on a Wednesday night.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Hah I completely forgot Muyl took a PK in that game. To be fair, it was a decent shot, the keeper actually made a great save. 

Yeah, was one of the classic "that's so metro" losses.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
We enter in the round of 32...

https://www.ussoccer...edule-finalized

April 24 Round of 32 Draw
May 19-20 Round of 32 (remaining 12 Division I teams enter)
May 21 Round of 16/Quarterfinal Draw
June 10 Possible Round of 16
June 23-24 Round of 16 or Quarterfinals
July 14-15 Quarterfinals or Semifinals
Aug. 11-12 Semifinals or Final
Sept. 22-24 Possible Final

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I think, like BPL teams and the league cup, you play backups the first round or two and if things start looking like you've got a shot after that you start throwing in more and more starters. 

I won't be offended if they don't play Danny Royer in the first round mid-week. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

I think, like BPL teams and the league cup, you play backups the first round or two and if things start looking like you've got a shot after that you start throwing in more and more starters. 

I won't be offended if they don't play Danny Royer in the first round mid-week. 

Understood. But we didn't have a game for like 2 weeks after this. That was why it bothered me.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I completely forgot Muyl took a PK in that game. 

Hard for me to forget, as I was behind the goal ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

best part of that game was Muyl fucked us with the PK (as have other players), but Lade was scapegoated for something much later in the match. that was pretty fucking odd, but not surprising given the PK taker. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

best part of that game was Muyl fucked us with the PK (as have other players), but Lade was scapegoated for something much later in the match. that was pretty fucking odd, but not surprising given the PK taker. 

Eh, Muyl won the penalty as well. And got a guy his second yellow before getting subbed off.

Parker and Tarek sitting off on the Bunbury winner wasn't great either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users