221 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Let's not forget the $3M they blew because Thelwell's underling forgot to CC.

Yeah no shit. Finances are hard to come by, but a genius like Hamlett is priceless. FML. How is this guy still employed?!

zoomosapien

zoomosapien

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, MLS, US MNT
We should sign Fabio past the loan. Change my mind.
" I don't know you and you don't know the half of it " - Bono

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

2 really good assists. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

2 really good assists. 

He looks pretty uncomfortable with the ball at his feet at times, but Im loving what this guy brings. Runs all day.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Post-match, Fabio looked like Peter O'Toole from Lawrence of Arabia with his jersey/training top wrapped around his head. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

He looks pretty uncomfortable with the ball at his feet at times, but Im loving what this guy brings. Runs all day.

for a 6'4 guy i think Fabio is pretty good on the ball.  If he was able to dribble well at that size with his speed he'd be in the prem lol.  He can chase a ball down, make good choices in final third but if he is taking more than 3 touches on the ball in a row things will get rough.

Hopefully the buy option isnt too high, Klimala should compliment him well

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Can't be more than high six figures/low seven figures, tops. 

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

His playing has been ok but need more from him before signing him to team before loan ends. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I think hes done enough, to be fair he doesnt have to clear a high bar and probably wont be too expensive with his club sitting in the Brazilian 3rd division.

This team would be much worse playing White/Barlow with Klimala every week.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
He's good at defending set pieces too. I think we're going to grow to love him.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

for a 6'4 guy i think Fabio is pretty good on the ball.  If he was able to dribble well at that size with his speed he'd be in the prem lol.  He can chase a ball down, make good choices in final third but if he is taking more than 3 touches on the ball in a row things will get rough.

Hopefully the buy option isnt too high, Klimala should compliment him well

Yeah, fair point...he is a big dude. He should come cheap, so hopefully well purchase him. Think hes gonna be a fan favorite

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
The set piece defense is almost as good as Cahill's was when he was here.

He seemed to make some really good plays but I'd just like to know if both of those assists were intended. The first pass I wondered if he just missed badly trying to get (I think Clark) the ball. Obviously they still count either way but it does make a difference

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

He seemed to make some really good plays but I'd just like to know if both of those assists were intended. The first pass I wondered if he just missed badly trying to get (I think Clark) the ball. Obviously they still count either way but it does make a difference

Even if Fabio meant to target Clark....Clark was falling for overrunning the pass. Fabios pass was still spot on for an on running MF to hit it on target....which literally happened! Why find an a flaw with what was a positive sequence of events?

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The layoff to Clark I think was intentional the whole way through. Whether he was looking for Clark or CCJ on the first who knows but sometimes they just look for any open space in the box.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Only Fabio knows for sure but I can speak to second one from my experience playing. Davis spotted Fabio in a 1v1 in the box, making him the obvious target man. The cross was a good one but not a perfect one. Both he and the ball were coming in at an angle that would have made redirecting it far post with any velocity incredibly difficult. At that point, you/re just trying to head it against the grain because you know the GK and defenders are all running towards you.

I don't think he said, "I see Caden Clark wide open and I'm going to head it to him for a volley." It's more of a general understanding that you're heading it into an open space the opposite direction of where everyone is running, you're heading it so it sits in an incredibly dangerous area of the box, and you're hoping a midfielder is making a run in from outside the box and will pounce on it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users