Will the Red Bulls win the cup in 2021?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: odds on winning 2021 cup (42 member(s) have cast votes)

will Red bulls finally win the cup in 2021

1. yes (6 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. no (26 votes [61.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.90%

3. will make it to the dance but fail (10 votes [23.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

I just saw this poll on MLS.com. They predict the posers from across the Hudson have a better chance to do it than us. We are tied at 11th place. Here is link.

https://www.mlssocce...n-gets-underway

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Those are odds from MGM and I'd say 22-1 odds is about correct for us.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
https://youtu.be/zMRrNY0pxfM

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i bet $25 on us to win the cup a few weeks ago...so i hope we win the cup!

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I wish I had the spirit of the one person thus far who casted the "yes" vote.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

I don't expect this team to win every year.  Certainly not last year, and probably not the year before.  But for 2021, I think we can get back to where we stood the few years before that.  I'd say we finish top half of the east and make a strong playoff push.  After that, it's anyone's guess. But we'll have so many new faces that for all intents and purposes this will be a new team, and any past playoff failures are irrelevant for this new season. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

the order of some of these teams is really silly by MGM.

Back to the poll i dont think there was ever a season where i believed it was our year we are going to win the cup before the season started.  Though after our CCL run in 2018 i thought that experience would propel us to MLS Cup lol.

One thing i am curious about is what everyones "football manager style" club expectations are for the Thelwell / Struber when they sign up for the job. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
In all of the shield years I thought there was a very real possibility that we would win MLS Cup.

You need luck, health (also known as luck), and players who can come up with BIG plays on a regular basis. In the shield years the players we had in that category were Henry, BWP, Robles, and Kaku. It didnt happen for us, but we had those players and thus we had some level of hope.

We do not have a single player on this roster that is capable of CONSISTENTLY coming up with big plays. You need at least one of these players (preferably 2 or 3 to overcome any bad luck/injuries) to win MLS Cup.

Watched that Thelwell/Struber video and threw up in my mouth. Blah blah blah team is the star blah blah blah. Its all bullshit and there is no way in hell we win the cup with this roster. Either our new management doesnt CARE about winning MLS Cup or they are so narcissistic that they truly believe they can overcome the recent history of MLS cup winners with their incredible leadership.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I just saw this poll on MLS.com. They predict the posers from across the Hudson have a better chance to do it than us. We are tied at 11th place. Here is link.

https://www.mlssocce...n-gets-underway

Betting odds do not mean who has the best chance to win.   The odds are set to even out the bets so the house is covered under any outcome.   It is more about which team is getting the most action, not which is most likely to win.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Y'all are of your mind if you think we have a chance at MLS cup lol.

We have the depth right now but I just don't see the fire power. If you added a Zeldrayan id say we have a shot.

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

We have absolutely NO idea if this collection of loanees and hold-overs from last year's roster can become a decently competitive squad in this conference. And I'm being kind by saying this. As much as I would love to be proven wrong, I frankly don't see it happening with this coach and crew. 

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Would absolutely love to be wrong but I don't see it happening.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

We have absolutely NO idea if this collection of loanees and hold-overs from last year's roster can become a decently competitive squad in this conference. And I'm being kind by saying this. As much as I would love to be proven wrong, I frankly don't see it happening with this coach and crew. 

I'd agree - but if they do mesh well and you add a key summer DP then I could see it. Who knows? 7/11 starters are unknown. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I'd agree - but if they do mesh well and you add a key summer DP then I could see it. Who knows? 7/11 starters are unknown. 

History says impact DPs take more than half a season to acclimate to MLS.

Thus we will not win MLS Cup this year period end of story there is no fucking way in hell.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

History says impact DPs take more than half a season to acclimate to MLS.

Thus we will not win MLS Cup this year period end of story there is no fucking way in hell.

Seattle does the summer DP thing a lot with some success to be fair. 

Edit: and Reynoso was one of the best players during the MLS playoffs last year for Minnesota.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users