224 replies to this topic

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

We are not an MLS 1.0 team by any stretch of the imagination. We have arguably the best soccer academy in the country, play in arguably the nicest SSS in the country, and have a reasonably strong paid attendance track record since we've moved to RBA. That we generate little buzz is a function of playing in the largest metro area in the country with a ton of other sports teams present (Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Devils, Islanders...and that's without even counting the Philly sports market, which effectively poaches from our South Jersey fanbase). 

Economic numbers from the North Korean government are more honest and accurate than our announced attendance numbers (paid or comped).
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
Remember how Crew fans mocked us when they beat us in MLS Cup 2008? Trophies don't count when you don't have a team. Bitches.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Economic numbers from the North Korean government are more honest and accurate than our announced attendance numbers (paid or comped).

They have economic numbers?

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

They have economic numbers?

yah, their top export is slave labor: https://www.nytimes....a-migrants.html

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Remember how Crew fans mocked us when they beat us in MLS Cup 2008? Trophies don't count when you don't have a team. Bitches.

Anyone who celebrates ANYONE losing their team is a grade A certified asshole. Knock that shit off, we're better than that.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Shouldn't this be in the NMR section? lol

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

FEELS GREAT TO GET THE LAST LAUGH. 

Fuck em, that's what they get for opening their fucking cunty mouths re: our rebranding. Revenge is served best on a cold motherfucking plate.

Yeah I fucking said it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

There are things I'd rather see than Columbus get moved. Houston or Dallas getting relocated for example, as they never draw anyone at all. I'd rather see New England play in a SSS. I'd rather see Cincinatti get into MLS. I'd rather see a bunch of different things, but I really cannot say Columbus shouldn't be a candidate for relocation. The owner is selfish, I get that. But they consistently draw flies. We're pretty guilty of not drawing well though, but it does improve as the weather improves. We have the best academy and have put on a terrific product for years (and hopefully continue to do so), and have a world class venue that hosts many international games - with a huge conglomerate behind it all that has a world wide soccer reach. We will not be going anywhere. 

Now, if I'm wrong or you disagree - that is fine. I do not root for Columbus to move, but can understand why they are a candidate to do so. I do not think Texas needs another team, as the existing two draw nothing at all (I understand location is an issue for these teams, the Mexican audience didn't flock as much as hoped perhaps, etc - I do not want to go into their problems as we have our own we cannot figure out). Austin is a tech bubble, so I suppose there are hopes to capitalize on that. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Sounds like nearly a done deal:
http://www.dispatch....to-austin-texas

Litigation could end soon:
http://www.espn.com/...ocation-lawsuit

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

CBus a lot similar to us.  Just have a good coach and system so it doesn't matter who they put out there, they're going to be pretty good.  

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

CBus a lot similar to us.  Just have a good coach and system so it doesn't matter who they put out there, they're going to be pretty good.  

They were 9th in the East and 3rd from bottom overall in 2016.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

CBus is leading the league in goals against. 10 goals allowed, 12 games played. Fucking A, those assholes again.

The only thing stingier than Columbus' defense is their owner. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

The only thing stingier than Columbus' defense is their owner. 

You can make a case the guy is the most vile disgusting loathsome creep in the history of the league and think of the ground that covers. He's even more disgusting than either Nick Sackoshit or even Chris Heck. Compared to Precourt those guys look like candidates for sainthood.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Cbus fans should've shown up yrs before Precourt bought the team. He's an asshole, sure, but that fanbase have been no shows too. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Their team has always been a thorn in our butt. If they go to Austin at least they will be in the Western Conference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users