162 replies to this topic

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Penn State with the #4 recruiting class in the country for 2015, big rumors of sanctions being reduced again.

Rutgers and Maryland first season in the B1G.

Addazio starting to snag big recruits at BC.

New HC at UConn in Bob Diaco.

NCAA players union.

More conference realignment.

Let's get the thread started kids.  A little over one month till kickoff.

#RedBullOut

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

tumblr_mevyrg2aBf1r19b8c.gif

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Can't say that they're big recruits.  They're just 3* players.  Gotta restock an empty cupboard left by Spaziani.  I will admit that Addazio has recruited fast and versatile players for a myriad of positions.  Building lots of depth.  It'll be a difficult season, cuz we're still stuck with a lot of Spaziani's recruits who are now the seniors and juniors on the team.  

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Maryland moves to the B1G and gets their asses handed to them in their first year of conference play. 

This is gonna be a fun season for us, kiddos.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Maryland moves to the B1G and gets their asses handed to them in their first year of conference play. 

This is gonna be a fun season for us, kiddos.

I think another 7-5 type season is in the cards for you guys.  

PSU is probably an 8-4 team as constructed...gaping holes in the offensive line and also paper thin at linebacker.  I like the freshmen that will get playing time, but they're still freshmen.  If Hackenberg gets any time to throw the damn ball we'll have a good chance at beating everyone except OSU and Sparty.  If he doesn't, it could be an ugly year.

Defensive line is straight up nasty this year, as are the defensive backs.  

#RedBullOut

RedBullsFanatic

RedBullsFanatic

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Hopefully my Michigan State Spartans will have another good year.  Only took 26 years to get back to the Rose Bowl.  I underestimated them last year.  Never dreamed they would be 13-1.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Hopefully my Michigan State Spartans will have another good year.  Only took 26 years to get back to the Rose Bowl.  I underestimated them last year.  Never dreamed they would be 13-1.

It's between you and Ohio State for the east.  West is wide open, but I'm taking Nebraska.

I actually think you guys might beat Oregon this year.

#RedBullOut

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Two more 4* recruits picked up today, one in the class of 15 and another in 16...the big one is Irvin Charles out of NJ.  State has three more targets for this class...OT Matt Burrell, DT Tim Settle, and CB John Reid.  If successful, it would cap off the best class since 2005 and one that we will be able to leverage into a return to our normal top 3 B1G status.  The only way state can recover from the sanctions and IT is through recruiting.  So far so good.

If we land our final targets we would end up with

8 out of the top 10 Penna recruits

5 of the top 10 New Jersey recruits

#RedBullOut

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

we don't have many spots left and i think the coaching stoff is hoping to strike gold on some 4* and 3* starts who are currently uncommitted.  outside of that, we're pretty much done. the camps that have occurred on campus have yielded close to 10 commits.  it's a solid and big class that takes care of depth, but we're still stuck with the jrs and srs that Spaz left us, and they form the bulk of the upper class leadership on the field.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

we don't have many spots left and i think the coaching stoff is hoping to strike gold on some 4* and 3* starts who are currently uncommitted.  outside of that, we're pretty much done. the camps that have occurred on campus have yielded close to 10 commits.  it's a solid and big class that takes care of depth, but we're still stuck with the jrs and srs that Spaz left us, and they form the bulk of the upper class leadership on the field

But Addazio has made a habit out of getting the most out of lower talent guys.  See: Temple and last years respectable BC record.

#RedBullOut

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

Rutgers Day is scheduled for Aug 1 on the Big Ten Network.

Pandemonium in Piscataway all over again!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

But Addazio has made a habit out of getting the most out of lower talent guys.  See: Temple and last years respectable BC record.

the guys who graduated actually had commitable offers, it's the last 2 yrs of Spaziani where recruiting fell off BAD.  Those guys are the seniors and juniors of this yr's team.  also currently we have 50 + players who are freshman and sophomores. we'll be a young team, and young teams make mistakes. i think we'll be lucky with a .500 record.  doubt we'll be bowl eligible.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Congrats to 2016 #Rivals100 DE Shane Simmons @Shizzeee_ on his commitment to #PSU

wstRAJN.gif

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Congrats to 2016 #Rivals100 DE Shane Simmons @Shizzeee_ on his commitment to #PSU

wstRAJN.gif

Very nice get to kick start the 16 class.  Really hope Franklin can coach worth a damn, because the recruiting is nothing short of excellent so far.

#RedBullOut

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Just got my Badgers v Rutgers tickets for November 1st. Section 103 row 4!! Time to ruin their homecoming!!

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users