47 replies to this topic

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

If we are gonna be a "feeder" club, then bring back the $1 hot dog, ffs.

I agree with Eleazar on this -- we might get another useful addition in the low $1-2m range, but not a super-impact guy.

Seems to be the way of things now, which i'm mostly fine with Feb-October.

I just really hope some thought, and eventually cash, is going/goes into BWP transition.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,509 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Tyler pathway is the promise realized.  Same for Long Davis etc.

Has Tyler truly cashed in yet @ RBL?
Yedlin signed a US$10 Million deal with Newcastle, a mid-table PL club. 5 years @ UK£1.56 Million annually = £30K weekly.
THAT is the dream realized.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,488 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Same team minus Adams. They knew once Jesse left that they were losing Adams and they didn't replace him nor add the extra chess piece to get us over the top? Sigh...I know,  :deadhorse:  material, but it just blows my mind. Yes, we will win games and make the playoffs, but I see no difference maker.

I only said that the 18 I typed out should do pretty well in league play and will most likely secure a higher playoff seed. 

Didn't say anything about what they'll do in CCL USOC or MLSCup Playoffs.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Same team minus Adams. They knew once Jesse left that they were losing Adams and they didn't replace him nor add the extra chess piece to get us over the top? Sigh...I know,  :deadhorse:  material, but it just blows my mind. Yes, we will win games and make the playoffs, but I see no difference maker.

TBF, I always thought from the beginning that Rza was brought in specifically to replace Adams, and was good with that.   But that extra chess piece... yeah.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Spending goes both ways.  Atlanta did well with Almiron because he's a great player but they'll lose plenty of money on Barco.

Kid is 19 years old, think it's too early to write him off.  Long had a rough first few outings for us and matured as he figured out the lay of the land.  I think he'll have a big year for them.

#RedBullOut

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

I'm gonna guess the typical 18 when everyone is healthy:

BWP

Royer Kaku Valot

Rza Davis

Taxi Long Parker Murillo

Robles

Meara Tarek Duncan/Lade Muyl Etienne Casseres White

In league play, this 18 should do pretty well. 

Man, I think that midfield gives up a TON of chances on offense.  Our back line is mostly very, very good.  But that midfield is missing a defensive stopper, and Valot isn't exactly a defensive work horse there.

#RedBullOut

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Man, I think that midfield gives up a TON of chances on offense.  Our back line is mostly very, very good.  But that midfield is missing a defensive stopper, and Valot isn't exactly a defensive work horse there.

Rza seems to be a textbook 6.   Reads the play very well, covers a lot of ground, not afraid to get stuck in...   and, as a bonus, can make the pass to connect with the attack, and can shoot from distance.   Not as as athletic as Tyler, but maybe better going forward, and we have Davis there to compliment him with size.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Supports:metro
The difference between Atlanta and us when it comes to transfers is obvious. We are part of a bigger global soccer organization that we will suffer being a part of and hopefully benefit from. Adams went to Leipzig as basically an internal move. I don't know if we would have gotten too much more for Adams from an outside move to a different organization/club but I know he wouldn't have been sold for as much as Almiron was. Now selling someone like Kaku might be different if he's not seen as someone who they will look to move to our European counter part. Not as much as Almiron but more than Adams to a third party within either Europe or the Americas. That's the thing, Red Bulls European interests are going to get the priority for talent if "we" NJ Red Bull develop it and they want it. Atlanta doesn't have that organizational hierarchy to deal with.

The benefit in this structure is the possibility for us to have better quality players loaned to us from our Europe clubs. We've had some decent players brought in but nothing that puts us over the top.
It would be nice if they actually send us a loan or two of their younger talent that's not fully ready for say Leipzig's starting 11/18. With that said we just lost Adams too them and he's only 19. They could have kept him with us for another year or two knowing he will eventually move to Germany but they decided it wasn't worth keeping him here for his development.
That means unfortunately they must not think to highly of MLS as place to help develop their players for Europe.
As I wrote this out now I see how we won't benefit from our place in Red Bull's global structure and why they won't sign DPs for us.

Oh well nevermind.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,986 posts

The difference between Atlanta and us when it comes to transfers is obvious. We are part of a bigger global soccer organization that we will suffer being a part of and hopefully benefit from. Adams went to Leipzig as basically an internal move. I don't know if we would have gotten too much more for Adams from an outside move to a different organization/club but I know he wouldn't have been sold for as much as Almiron was. Now selling someone like Kaku might be different if he's not seen as someone who they will look to move to our European counter part. Not as much as Almiron but more than Adams to a third party within either Europe or the Americas. That's the thing, Red Bulls European interests are going to get the priority for talent if "we" NJ Red Bull develop it and they want it. Atlanta doesn't have that organizational hierarchy to deal with.

The benefit in this structure is the possibility for us to have better quality players loaned to us from our Europe clubs. We've had some decent players brought in but nothing that puts us over the top.
It would be nice if they actually send us a loan or two of their younger talent that's not fully ready for say Leipzig's starting 11/18. With that said we just lost Adams too them and he's only 19. They could have kept him with us for another year or two knowing he will eventually move to Germany but they decided it wasn't worth keeping him here for his development.
That means unfortunately they must not think to highly of MLS as place to help develop their players for Europe.
As I wrote this out now I see how we won't benefit from our place in Red Bull's global structure and why they won't sign DPs for us.

Oh well nevermind.

Players are not owned by Red Bull in perpetuity. If Adams or anyone else wants to test wider waters they can say no and wait for their contract to end. It is up to Red Bull to make the Leipzig move attractive enough.

No one here is complaining about our solid pipeline of young homegrowns coming up to us from the academy. Why is that any different? They could ignore us and look elsewhere, but we have proved to be an organization that treats them well and has given them a great shot at playing time.

Truth is Adams was ready to make the jump now. It was not a Miazga move to Chelsea to be developed on loans. Adams is just that good and has a very high ceiling. RB Leipzig sells players to other teams and they will not sell all of our better RBNY players only to RBL.

We don't need young RBL players, what we need is the $ freedom to bring in more players wherever they may be from. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,262 posts

Oh well nevermind.

Players have contracts with end dates
Usually 2 years with 1-2 club option years.
Adams was ready for Bundesliga now. He looked perfectly in place during his debut last week. He could have gone to any team but perfect fit with knowing liking system and Jesse seals it
Weve tried loans but only RZA has really worked. Still never sure why we dont get more very young RBL players but clearly our results over the last 10 years with making a layoffs every year and 3 shields show ud doing good
Yes we all want the cup

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Man Shitty loans youth players to Boy City every season. RedBull should look at our successful (at least for MLS standards) track record of incorporating youth to our squad and loan us a player or two. This is a one way only synergy.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,754 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

We are part of a bigger global soccer organization that we will suffer being a part of and hopefully benefit from. 

I'm missing some history from the early Red Bull days but have we actually been bitten in the ass by this in the past? Of all our outbound transfers, has anyone other than Tyler gone to Leipzig, which is actually a really good fit for him? Have we had any loanees other than Brian Nielsen fall totally flat?

I only see the Leipzig pipeline as a potential positive without any negatives. Players coming here know the option could be there, but there's literally nothing Red Bull can do to force them to make that move. And they're not gonna pass up a transfer fee elsewhere in the market just to prove otherwise.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

I'm missing some history from the early Red Bull days but have we actually been bitten in the ass by this in the past? ....

Fredrik Gulbrandsen didn't work out, but I wouldn't call it getting bitten in the ass.   

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,754 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Fredrik Gulbrandsen didn't work out, but I wouldn't call it getting bitten in the ass.   

Yeah one of several guys who were good players but just happened to play the same role as the best striker in MLS history.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

I'm missing some history from the early Red Bull days but have we actually been bitten in the ass by this in the past? Of all our outbound transfers, has anyone other than Tyler gone to Leipzig, which is actually a really good fit for him? Have we had any loanees other than Brian Nielsen fall totally flat?

I only see the Leipzig pipeline as a potential positive without any negatives. Players coming here know the option could be there, but there's literally nothing Red Bull can do to force them to make that move. And they're not gonna pass up a transfer fee elsewhere in the market just to prove otherwise.

Markus Schopp kinda sucked.  So did Ernst Obster.  Omer Damari partially responsible for playoff collapse.

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users