231 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

So was this just smoke or is he signing

MLS is the tough thing... Seems like any time a there is an agreement made, just assume it's another week or two until there's anything remotely official. Especially when it involves any type of transfer from another club.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Looking at some highlights, I think Haksabanovic lines up in midfield if he comes. He seems to thrive in congestion. 

SEAD HAKSABANOVIC | 2020 HIGHLIGHTS - YouTube

I only heard he is active on defense from that scouting report, but he seems to look like the left side of the diamond to me, or maybe the tip, but not one of the forwards... I say this as someone who is not too educated on tactics.  

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Not sure if the silence is a good or a bad thing. Its been a week since Dyers report.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Looking at some highlights, I think Haksabanovic lines up in midfield if he comes. He seems to thrive in congestion. 

I only heard he is active on defense from that scouting report, but he seems to look like the left side of the diamond to me, or maybe the tip, but not one of the forwards... I say this as someone who is not too educated on tactics.  

I think in a diamond 4-4-2, the left sided striker is the closest fit to the role he plays today. The major takeaway from his scouting report is that he likes to get the ball, aggressively dribble towards goal, and shoot. If that's the value he brings, you'd rather have him receiving the ball further upfield than he would from the left side of the diamond. Much more likely for him to create chances if he only has to dribble 15 yards than 50.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

I think in a diamond 4-4-2, the left sided striker is the closest fit to the role he plays today. The major takeaway from his scouting report is that he likes to get the ball, aggressively dribble towards goal, and shoot. If that's the value he brings, you'd rather have him receiving the ball further upfield than he would from the left side of the diamond. Much more likely for him to create chances if he only has to dribble 15 yards than 50.

You are probably right, but simply for argument's sake, I'm sticking with him in midfield - lets hope one of us has a "I was right, ha!" moment a few months from now!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I think Sead, if signed, becomes the 2nd striker, with possibly Omir backing him up. Would seem to suit Sead to be up top with the 9, he's aggressive, can dribble. If he's close to goal and gets chopped down, FK opportunity, and he takes those too. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Based on that, he plays exactly where Royer plays, but is more right footed

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Based on that, he plays exactly where Royer plays, but is more right footed

Read somewhere - I forget where - that Struber has some sort of affinity to opposite footed players on the field - i.e. right footed on left, left on the right. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Read somewhere - I forget where - that Struber has some sort of affinity to opposite footed players on the field - i.e. right footed on left, left on the right. 

That's a philosophy that favors shooting over passing.  We could use some of that.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

So he wants wingers that shoot, not cross. With it.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

So he wants wingers that shoot, not cross. With it.

With I'd guess crosses coming from the backs (Edwards?) and the forwards stretching the backline wide frequently with angled runs towards sidelines to draw defenders with them.

The formation can allow our team to play narrow, while forcing an opponent to stretch wide. 

This is why I think Haks will be a midfielder. There will be space in the middle when forwards stretch the defense.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

This is why I think Haks will be a midfielder. ....

I think the fact that he has played as an attacking midfielder everywhere he has ever played, and JCO is not our coach, would be enough to indicate that he will be a midfielder

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

I think the fact that he has played as an attacking midfielder everywhere he has ever played, and JCO is not our coach, would be enough to indicate that he will be a midfielder

He played almost exclusively as a LW this past season.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I would envision him playing striker the same way Henry was a striker. Constantly drifting out to the left and a little deeper so that he can find pockets between defenders to cleanly receive the ball, at which point he can try to do whatever the hell he wants with it because he's just flat out better than the guys in the other shirts.

Haks is obviously no Henry, but that's how I picture him playing in Struber's formation.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I would envision him playing striker the same way Henry was a striker. Constantly drifting out to the left and a little deeper so that he can find pockets between defenders to cleanly receive the ball, at which point he can try to do whatever the hell he wants with it because he's just flat out better than the guys in the other shirts.

Haks is obviously no Henry, but that's how I picture him playing in Struber's formation.

agreed.  will either be in this role or as the 10.  dropping him any deep takes him too far away from goal and the 8 is the area of the field where we have the most viable starters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users