229 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I don't know what they can do at this point. They are clearly still hoping that there will be a regular season after this tournament. Dallas and the three teams in that group will have to make up the games.

Everything about this season will be up in the air and could change at any moment. If it got to a point where Dallas was far eliminated from playoff contention, I could see the league just saying forget about those missed games.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

The tourney starts in less than 48 hours. It's not being canceled.

A cancellation can easily happen after the tournament has already started. They are not suddenly immune to a cancellation because it has officially started.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,380 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

A cancellation can easily happen after the tournament has already started. They are not suddenly immune to a cancellation because it has officially started.

Still pretty wild thinking about the college basketball game that was literally cancelled at halftime back in March

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,021 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Like I said elsewhere, all the MLS teams could withdraw from the tournament except us, and we'd still find a way to get shutout in the final and lose. 

#ThatsSoRedBull 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,203 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Still pretty wild thinking about the college basketball game that was literally cancelled at halftime back in March

https://nypost.com/2...ohns-creighton/
I was planning to attend the Seton Hall game that night, and could not believe when the BE banned attendance.
Watching the St. Johns game called at the half was surreal. You knew this was going to get crazy.
Seems so long ago now.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users