821 replies to this topic

mscheffel

mscheffel

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
If you look at this from an MLS perspective it seems weird. From an executive track at a global company like Red Bull it makes all the sense in the world. Give a rising star a stretch assignment to see if they pass mustard. If they do, you have a new RB Leipzig coach in three to five years. If not, he has reached his level and you invest in him appropriately. Really appreciate Jesse’s guts. You gotta be in it to win it. As a fan, still not happy about it.

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,420 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Shut up, Dietrich.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

If you look at this from an MLS perspective it seems weird. From an executive track at a global company like Red Bull it makes all the sense in the world. Give a rising star a stretch assignment to see if they pass mustard. If they do, you have a new RB Leipzig coach in three to five years. If not, he has reached his level and you invest in him appropriately. Really appreciate Jesse’s guts. You gotta be in it to win it. As a fan, still not happy about it.

But even if Jesse does well, there is still a coach at every spot in the RB ranks, and the next Lepizg coach is probably gonna have his own staff he wants to hire and Jesse proably wont be it. He legit could be unemployed after this season just because the jobs are alll filled up.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,734 posts

Wieners get passed the mustard, soldiers pass muster  :P

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

But even if Jesse does well, there is still a coach at every spot in the RB ranks, and the next Lepizg coach is probably gonna have his own staff he wants to hire and Jesse proably wont be it. He legit could be unemployed after this season just because the jobs are alll filled up.

Jesse is only unemployed next season if he does a poor job at Leipzig. The Salzburg coach isnt going to be there forever. Or, hell be an assistant at Leipzig, just maybe not the #2 guy.

mscheffel

mscheffel

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
Passing mustard may be my wurst joke yet. Leipzig on the brain.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,302 posts

Passing mustard may be my wurst joke yet.

You hambungled the phrase!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Jesse is only unemployed next season if he does a poor job at Leipzig. The Salzburg coach isnt going to be there forever. Or, hell be an assistant at Leipzig, just maybe not the #2 guy.

Or maybe he gets hired to manage a different team. Time will tell if it works out but I'm pretty sure Jesse didn't just spontaneously quit RBNY and book a flight to Germany. I'm sure there a handful of potential five-year plans mapped out and carefully considered.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,556 posts

Again, unless you're saying Nagelsmann has no control over his staff, I don't see how that's a guarantee.

#RedBullOut

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,906 posts

Just look at this with common sense.. Mintzlaff especially, and now even Rangnick on some level clearly like Marsch a lot.  That Salzburg thing was very close to happening and now this happened.  THey've gone out of their way to bring him over.   

There is no chance he's out of a job after 1 season outside of relegation.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Again, unless you're saying Nagelsmann has no control over his staff, I don't see how that's a guarantee.

Or, maybe they consulted with Nagelsmann before they made the move to bring Jesse in.  Whatever anyone thinks of Red Bull Global, Rangnick knows what he's doing.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

I don't really understand what you're going for here. Are we to believe a plausible situation is that Leipzig hired Nagelsmann, then signed Marsch to a two-year contract, all without a single person involved giving thought to what might happen in July 2019? Please explain further how you imagine this might have went down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users