164 replies to this topic

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Just turned on their game at RSL and they are absolutely flying. 5-1...Rossi with a brace, Vela just got his first

Apparently this is the first time RSL has ever given up 5 at home

They did lose 0:6 to us in 2006 at giants stadium, Edson Buddle with an 18 minute hat-trick. All 6 goals were scored in second half and were the fastest 6 goals in mls (32 minutes).

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

Man i just wish more games were on TV.

FYI - I think MLS Direct Kick (or whatever it's called) is having a free preview this weekend.  

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Noticed that, only get the games in standard unfortunately. But better then nothing.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
When I say Orlando may be the worst team in the entire league I'm not joking. Their backline absolutely cannot handle any pressure put on them, they always panic and make bad decisions. Them facing our press could very easily be an epic bloodbath if they don't get their shit together by the time we play them.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Felipe tackled Nagbe at the whistle yesterday and started a fight with the Atlanta players.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

What happened with the MLS national soccer broadcasts. It seemed like last year there were always games on either FS1 or ESPN on Sunday nights. I loved tuning into what ever game was on. Did they do away with those broadcasts? Bummer. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

What happened with the MLS national soccer broadcasts. It seemed like last year there were always games on either FS1 or ESPN on Sunday nights. I loved tuning into what ever game was on. Did they do away with those broadcasts? Bummer. 

Maybe has to do with March Madness going on?

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

Maybe has to do with March Madness going on?

You're probably right, I suppose that's better than the days when the games would get bumped to ESPNU because of little league baseball or college softball.

FS1 has sunday night/evening (6-9 PM) games every week in April and May, a couple of doubleheaders in there too, and then a bunch more in August. 

It looks like ESPN's sunday games are mostly in the afternoon. 

https://www.mlssocce...st-schedule#fs1

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Yes especially when baseball starts. ESPN Sunday NIght Baseball will take precedence over the MLS broadcast. Expect MLS coverage from 3-5pm then following into 8pm Sunday night baseball. I remember 3 seasons ago, Metro played Philly at 5pm at home. Then the Yankees took on the Mets at Yankee Stadium at 8pm. I was able to attend both games without missing a minute of action. The Metro match ended at 6:50pm and the baseball started at 8:08pm. PATH and the 4 train leaving WTC connected perfectly. It was an epic day.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

http://www.espn.com/...-of-mls-players

ESPN's most overrated and underrated MLS players, based on an anonymous poll of current MLS players.

Overrated:  G. Dos Santos, M. Bradley

Underrated:  Piatti, Dax

Nagbe made both lists.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

http://www.espn.com/...-of-mls-players

ESPN's most overrated and underrated MLS players, based on an anonymous poll of current MLS players.

Overrated:  G. Dos Santos, M. Bradley

Underrated:  Piatti, Dax

Nagbe made both lists.

"It was easier with Mix and [Frank] Lampard and even [Andrea] Pirlo," one player said. "Before it was easy. Me answering like that is probably a good sign for the league.'' Any guesses on which of our guys said that? BWP?

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

http://www.espn.com/...for-mls-sources

Ibra to LA Galaxy looks like a done deal now. Shame that we don't play them at home this year. Would have been nice to see him in person.  I don't think he'll dominate the league at this point in his career, though

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

Ibra to LA Galaxy looks like a done deal now. Shame that we don't play them at home this year. Would have been nice to see him in person.  I don't think he'll dominate the league at this point in his career, though

He should be as good as Henry was in his last year or two here.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

this only strengthens the argument that the MLS is a retirement league. Oh well.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
My goodness Zlatan what a debut!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users