171 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

From a couple of pics via twitter, even though they had 22k v FCD in the Bx, didn't look like 22k at all. only the SG sections looked full. 

Doesn't surprise me at all considering how crowded that first game at Yankee stadium was when we played them there and how less and less people go to them there now despite it being the most popular game of the regular season.

Honestly I have no problems saying I'm done going to Yankee Stadium unless it's a game that really matters like an open cup, playoffs etc. I find it to be a complete pain in the ass to get there. Last year was the first year I didn't go there.

I have a cheap TV I bought to put in my backyard and I sat outside in the beautiful weather and watched the game and didn't deal with any of the headaches of going there.

I just don't particularly enjoy going to road games anymore and unless it's a game of great importance I'd much rather save the time and money and watch from home.

DC to check out their new arena might be the only one I do for the regular season this year and it will probably be the second game since the MLS was brilliant and made the first one a Wednesday night.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Doesn't surprise me at all considering how crowded that first game at Yankee stadium was when we played them there and how less and less people go to them there now despite it being the most popular game of the regular season.

Honestly I have no problems saying I'm done going to Yankee Stadium unless it's a game that really matters like an open cup, playoffs etc. I find it to be a complete pain in the ass to get there. Last year was the first year I didn't go there.

I have a cheap TV I bought to put in my backyard and I sat outside in the beautiful weather and watched the game and didn't deal with any of the headaches of going there.

I just don't particularly enjoy going to road games anymore and unless it's a game of great importance I'd much rather save the time and money and watch from home.

DC to check out their new arena might be the only one I do for the regular season this year and it will probably be the second game since the MLS was brilliant and made the first one a Wednesday night.

Not to mention that YS is an awful place to watch a soccer game. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Davis or Tyler by themselves shielding the back3 in a 5-4-1 sounds disastrous. LA went up the middle constantly in the 2nd half. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Davis or Tyler by themselves shielding the back3 in a 5-4-1 sounds disastrous. LA went up the middle constantly in the 2nd half. 

We changed formations in the 2nd half after Collin got subbed off at halftime for Valot.  

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Did they switch shapes? After the sub looked like Adams went to RWB and Murillo became one of the 3 CBs. *But I was descreasingly sober.

Also, I was at the bx blood money game yesterday (friend who I brought to countless rbny postseason failures has been a day one season ticket holder). It was a legit 20k by the end. Most dense sections were on the third base/right field corner. Twitter pics not a fair representation.

Gonna be an interesting game, the press vs their possession. I like our chances, they seem well organised but overrated,*relying on Villa. Ring their DM kept starting possessions as the last man back, between the two CBs with everyone spread and pushed up. Works on their postage stamp pitch but I can see it getting punished if Metro can close quick.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Gonna be an interesting game, the press vs their possession. I like our chances, they seem well organised but overrated.

At home, I like our chances against any team in North America, I don't care who they are.  Would prefer the 4-2-3-1 for this game, but we can take care of business in either formation.  I don't think Jesse would play Escobar over Collin yet in the 3-3-3-1, so I hope to see 4 in the back

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

If City come out and play their game, I think we win.  If City does what every team playing us should do, then it's going to come down to whether or not Marsch plays his creative attacking players long enough.  I'm hoping after the Chivas series he's finally realized the press is ineffective against bunkered teams and he needs different personnel/tactics to breakthrough them.

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Regarding the game time, it was always going to be earlier in the day to cut down on the amount of time people have to drink as a means of crowd control. I trust those hooly-wannabe fuckers to keep their hands to themselves about as far as I can throw them.

As far as formation, I think I'd rather go with the 4-2-3-1. NYCFC is always going to play out of the back. It's what they do. That five man midfield floods the center of the field and has has guys to press their defenders up the field.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe ever since the whole bar fighting/hooliganism on the streets of Newark incident, all of our home games with NYCFC have been early kickoffs to prevent future incidents. 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Free red shirt for all fans, think they want us to all wear red.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

As Ig just noted, they beat FCD, who were previously undefeated.

Watched the entire game and was impressed with Hartford.  I had seen a few other games this year and wasn't impressed, but their passing was great against Dallas.  Entire offense is Villa and Morales.  Villa is just so good... DOesn't have long speed anymore but still sooooo smooth and quick. 

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Just stating the obvious: NYCFC is very dangerous.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

We changed formations in the 2nd half after Collin got subbed off at halftime for Valot.  

Does anybody have the passing chart for the LAG game? Some folks say we switched, others say we didn't. I was a bit confused. But there was a good stretch of 20 minutes where LAG were able to exploit space there. I would be more comfortable with two d-mids there to support each other. 

I will also repeat that NYCFC has been pretty lucky so far this season, getting much better results than they should as based on their expected goal stats. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I'm expecting a tie

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

we've seen this script before....blue team riding high in 1st place, red bulls mid-table but picking up steam.  therefore i am predicting another 7-0 win

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Villa is just so good... DOesn't have long speed anymore but still sooooo smooth and quick. 

Which is why I'd rather have two deep CMs than three CBs.  Have Tyler mostly stay back and keep Villa in his pocket.  I know this keeps Taxi and Murillo a little deeper as well, but that's also ok for this game given that Villa often drifts wide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users