104 replies to this topic

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Sure, anything can happen. But, an exception doesnt make a rule. Marsch and Curtis were virtual unknowns who ended up being great for us. Armas & Hamlett are known and... not great. That being said, I appreciate your optimism and certainly hope youre correct.

All i am saying is give the guys a chance. They played very well today and created a lot of chances against a good cowlumbus team.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

So in the past 2 streamed preseason games, they gave both Seacrest and JRRT a start at LB, right? Who had the better performance? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I am pissed at RB for inactivity this offseason but I'm pretty sure we will be better this year than last year.  Last year our wingback situation was so bad with Kemar only starting 19 games, and the revolving door at right back.  The guys we have may not have the same upside, but the floor performance should be better and help the defense as a whole.  Would guess 4th or 5th seed.

The biggest risk to our success would be a significant Casseres injury. No one else on the team fills his role in a comparable way.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The biggest risk to our success would be a significant Casseres injury. No one else on the team fills his role in a comparable way.

Biggest risk as a whole really, are we more than one deep at any position except possibly winger? 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I am pissed at RB for inactivity this offseason but I'm pretty sure we will be better this year than last year.  Last year our wingback situation was so bad with Kemar only starting 19 games, and the revolving door at right back.  The guys we have may not have the same upside, but the floor performance should be better and help the defense as a whole.  Would guess 4th or 5th seed.

If Long goes down we are also up shit creek.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Biggest risk as a whole really, are we more than one deep at any position except possibly winger? 

I would argue yes. Except for RB, LB and GK.

Seagrest and tolkin looked good at lb. I prefer tolkin as the starter since he can provide better service but i only watched them play once.

I haven't seen much of egbo or jensen to determine if they can add something at rb or gk.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Sorry Dennis.

We win the supporters shield. Then mad moves to take us mid table the next season. This offseason, weve done nothing but weaken our team and havent brought anyone in.

If theres legitimately something to be excited about, please tell. Id live to have a great team.

Im seeing us moving quickly and systematically destroy a supporters shield team in record time.

I think the addition of Thelwell, as well as Ralfs temporary step in to make some changes at the Academy and Scouting levels create a sliver of optimism about the longer term health of the club. But, Im still largely in your camp. Im not at all excited about this upcoming season and I have zero faith in Armas and Hamlett, whatever his role may be going forward.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I think the addition of Thelwell, as well as Ralfs temporary step in to make some changes at the Academy and Scouting levels create a sliver of optimism about the longer term health of the club. But, Im still largely in your camp. Im not at all excited about this upcoming season and I have zero faith in Armas and Hamlett, whatever his role may be going forward.

I wasnt aware of Ralfs temporary role. That is good news.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

If Long goes down we are also up shit creek.

Tarek wasn't shit when he's filled on before, but Long has big shoes to fill

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Tarek wasn't shit when he's filled on before, but Long has big shoes to fill

I thought he was shit.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I thought he was shit.

Anything in particular you didn't like? I thought he was solid as hell and got better as the season went on.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I thought he was shit.

FWIW:  

http://www.metrofana...YPE=1&YEAR=2019

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I thought he was shit.

He's about as good as you're going to get as a 3rd choice CB in MLS.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Anything in particular you didn't like? I thought he was solid as hell and got better as the season went on.

Terrible and reckless timing.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

He's about as good as you're going to get as a 3rd choice CB in MLS.

Hes an okay 3rd CB for this league. Fine to plug in here and there throughout the regular season. I have no problem with that whatsoever. Im glad hes on the roster. Although Id obviously prefer us to be grooming a starter from our academy.

But the topic was if X player goes down we are screwed. No one mentioned Long. So I did. Cause if he goes down with a big time injury or if he goes down in the playoffs...we are screwed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users