JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
The shame continues.
First loss to Canada since 1985.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Nice to have a club team AND a national team that are both tire fires!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Nice to have a club team AND a national team that relied/relies HEAVILY on Tyler Adams to cure all midfield ills.

fixed. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Nm

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Damn canucks eh

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro
The NATS copying Metro. Looking like shit when it matters.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Guzan was 6mo old last time we lost to Canada. No other player on the roster had been born yet...
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Doyle rant starting at 330 is great

https://www.mlssocce...0?autoplay=true

System is making the sum of the parts less and can't rely on players with skill sets you don't have or play (Adams Yeuill, Pomykal, Servena) other CDM yet to be consistently playing)

There are 3 players who should not see the field again (or even a call up again) who started last night.

Lovitz, Roldan should have played themselves out of future call ups with this performance. 

Bradley should never again start, should see almost no time going forward and possibly not even a call up starting in Nov or at latest post Jan camp.  He is too slow for the international game and way too slow against a fast youthful team with fight like Canada.

Although people will doubt it, Berhalter can learn as Trapp did not play and Zardes had limited time.  If Jozy around no time.

Yedlin can clearly play as he is an EPL player but can't defend back post cross for his life.  

We need to be hard to play against not this we want to unbalance teams with possession crap.  

1 -get system that brings out best in players you have and will have.  

2 - be hard to play against.

3 - bring the intensity. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Last night's game was painful to watch.  I'm not sure if our players are overrated or the coach just doesn't get enough out of them, but they should be better.  The only player who you could say had a good night was Steffan.  Long had some very good moments, but also a few pretty bad moments.  Pulisic was poor, McKennie was mediocre, Sargent was quiet.    I thought Bradley was okay until he gave the ball away on Canada's first goal.  I like Ream, but he's super slow, and he also gave the ball away on Canada' s first goal.  Getting Brooks and Adams, and maybe Jozy, back will certainly help, but this team has problems that go beyond the personnel.  There's just a flatness that's about attitude more than anything else.  The team needs a Jermaine Jones, or maybe a few of them, to give the team some intensity.

The best players on the team are still very young, and they still have some growing and improving to do before they can compete internationally.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Last night's game was painful to watch.  I'm not sure if our players are overrated or the coach just doesn't get enough out of them, but they should be better.  The only player who you could say had a good night was Steffan.  Long had some very good moments, but also a few pretty bad moments.  Pulisic was poor, McKennie was mediocre, Sargent was quiet.    I thought Bradley was okay until he gave the ball away on Canada's first goal.  I like Ream, but he's super slow, and he also gave the ball away on Canada' s first goal.  Getting Brooks and Adams, and maybe Jozy, back will certainly help, but this team has problems that go beyond the personnel.  There's just a flatness that's about attitude more than anything else.  The team needs a Jermaine Jones, or maybe a few of them, to give the team some intensity.

The best players on the team are still very young, and they still have some growing and improving to do before they can compete internationally.

agree.

Alfredo Morales would have been SIGNIFICANT upgrade over Roldan.  Morales can do a good Jermaine Jones impersenation with playing attributes.   He is the best DM available in the pool right now. Better to pair if you are going to play Bradley. 

Berhalter is getting LESS out of the player pool and players who are on the field.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

The SCUFFED podcast makes a good point.  It is not just results, quality of play BUT PERSONNEL CALLED UP shows poor judgement. 

November call ups will be very telling.  

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
USMNT leadership comments after the game:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=jbWmIHhSRvg

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

We all like Ream, but he's not good enough at the international level. Depth or emergency cover maybe, but him being a regular starter is a joke.

As others have said, Berhalter need to utilize the players at his disposal and design a tactic/formation that works, not try to fit square pegs in a system with a third of the regular starters missing.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Not sure why Roldan is even close to the national team. But everyone else is playing below their level too.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
The team absolutely blows and Berhalter is a joke of a coach at this level.

They would be better off bringing in Jessie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users