• Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Sounds decent

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Would prefer someone with a bit more pedigree to get behind but this will have to do I guess.

Off the highlights, he seems to be pretty skilled on headers which would be nice.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

also on Seeing Red BWP talks about spending a lot of time in the video/scouting group. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Would prefer someone with a bit more pedigree 

BWP was third-division when we got him.
The plan should be straightforward and simple:
Obtain a decent striker.
If he does not work out, obtain another striker.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
If Arango is available they should go for him. Already has a track record within the league. Too bad they were forced by Leipzig to blow GAM on Caden Clark, + the stupid trades in the draft.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

If Arango is available they should go for him. Already has a track record within the league. Too bad they were forced by Leipzig to blow GAM on Caden Clark, + the stupid trades in the draft.

If Yes - get him for sure but I think LAFC are stockpiling for playoffs.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

id rather sign Vente than Arango just to avoid spending even more GAM.  but cant say you are wrong especially with draft trades. clark trade dumb but got an international slot at least and with Luqui transfer delayed needed a hedge.  I didnt think Omir would pop like he did to start the year to be honest.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

At least this guy has a proven scoring record (be it in the 2nd division).

Of course, the sad thing is, if they just splashed on a truly proven veteran striker, this team could be a juggernaut.

But beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

I am okay with this move. Having a track record is important for the forward position.

If scouting says that his style is a good fit then great.

Not spending big also shows that they are going to give klimala more time to figure it out. If this guy could finish... he could easily be a 15m-20m forward

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Have to say I'm disappointed with the quality but if he comes here and at least works hard and stays on his feet we will all be happy.

I'd rather go the dp9 way where it's pretty much a slam dunk with a belotti or bale level but I guess we'll just keep taking long shots and hoping one is a hit.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Have to say I'm disappointed with the quality but if he comes here and at least works hard and stays on his feet we will all be happy.

Barlow works hard and stays on his feet.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Seems like a good value signing. If we sign him for a bench role, Id be really happy. If this is a guy thats supposed to push Klimala for the starting #9, Id like the move a lot less.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If this is guy thats supposed to push Klimala for the starting #9, Id like the move a lot less.

I think this is the scenario the technical staff envisions. I won't be underwhelmed if he is the guy that the team signs, maybe just whelmed.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
I think "DP9" is unrealistic.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Too invested in Klimala to blow big money on another #9, and they dont play in the same ballpark on transfer fees to find a slam dunk option.

So instead of investing into a second underwhelming/bust player, they spin the wheel and hope to hit the jackpot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users