Jan Halvor Halvorsen's Nose

Jan Halvor Halvorsen's Nose

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Supports:Jan Halvor Halvorsen

I smell...

Red Bull counting money from summer friendlies.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Gotta close out the home stand with a win here against a team at the bottom of the standings.

We may see some changes to the lineup considering it's a midweek game and we have a game coming up on the weekend as well. 

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USMNT

I'm a little confused. Our home opener last year was Colorado. How are we playing them at home again this year?

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm a little confused. Our home opener last year was Colorado. How are we playing them at home again this year?

I assume this occurred because the scheduling got changed with the reshuffling of the conferences.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i expect a few starters to have the night off. Hope Sean Davis gets a lot of minutes in this one, Miller as well.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

i expect a few starters to have the night off. Hope Sean Davis gets a lot of minutes in this one, Miller as well.

It's a good game to give a few guys some rest. I'm just worried us resting guys would risk 3 pts. I think you'll see Zubar and Miller back.  Maybe Davis and Richards could give Dax and Sam a blow. 

mkbloodyen

mkbloodyen

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Supports:Metro SC
For a possible starting XI:

Robles
Miller-Zubar-DP-Duvall
Felipe-Davis?
Grella-Sacha-Richards
BWP

Sam will probably get some rest because of his hamstring. Davis didn't play this weekend (neither did Stolz) so he should get the start in place of someone, probably Felipe or Dax. Zubar should be recovered and can start in place of Miazga who's done 3 games in 8 days now.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Score early & often!  CRapids are Worst in the West.  Don't give them time to settle.

They did not score in their first 4 games, including Philly, NYCFC & NE.  Then, after putting 4 past Dallas, scored one in each of their last 2 games, against Seattle & a Dallas rematch. 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Score early & often!  CRapids are Worst in the West.  Don't give them time to settle.

They did not score in their first 4 games, including Philly, NYCFC & NE.  Then, after putting 4 past Dallas, scored one in each of their last 2 games, against Seattle & a Dallas rematch. 

They did beat FC Dallas 4-0 on the road, so we shouldn't take them lightly.  Also, they haven't been conceding many goals, so it may be frustrating at times against them.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

They've had one good game.  Let's not let them have another.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
BWP probably due a rest at some point, no? Blitz them early and sub him off at half.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

BWP probably due a rest at some point, no? Blitz them early and sub him off at half.

Who do we put in? Abang? Grella?
We need to sign a legitimate backup/veteran forward. Grella doesn't fit the legitimate part. Peguy doesn't want to play, just collect his paycheck. Abang struggles in the USL.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
Is is me or does Mastroeni look like the dude on the Pringles can these days?

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Who do we put in? Abang? Grella?
We need to sign a legitimate backup/veteran forward. Grella doesn't fit the legitimate part. Peguy doesn't want to play, just collect his paycheck. Abang struggles in the USL.

Grella has a good nose for goal, and while I think he's terrible at LW, I wouldn't mind seeing him get a look at Forward if we need to rest BWP. That being said, I would still dress BWP and sub him in for Grella around the 60th if we're tied or losing

Metrohooligan101

Metrohooligan101

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Supports:METRO! USMNT

Trap game, we'll be focused on playing well and getting a good result in New England and lose to Colorado at home. I say throw all your chips in for this one and take it game by game. We could overlook this game and then  see ourselves with our first losing streak of the season by week's end. I saw go full steam in this game vs Colorado and if the game looks favorable, then sub out important guys. I also agree in starting Zubar and Miller as well as Richards to give some of the starters a rest but lets try to keep the lineup consistent. We should win this game and a draw against New England on the road would be a good week.

As long as im breathing....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users