• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Last scheduled games are 9/13 with make up games on 9/16.  

Any word on next phase? 

Guessing this will come out maybe early next week.

How many teams will be based at RBA?  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

"MLS is Back... Again" @ RBA, bring everyone to Hoboken and see what happens!

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

"MLS is Back... Again" @ RBA, bring everyone to Hoboken and see what happens!

All the current "stay at home moms" will complain and force MLS is Back out! 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

The way MLS has done this has made it incredibly difficult to gauge the importance of any match, which makes it all seem kind of meaningless.  Not a good recipe for fan engagement. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

The way MLS has done this has made it incredibly difficult to gauge the importance of any match, which makes it all seem kind of meaningless.  Not a good recipe for fan engagement. 

Yeah, like I get it, the world is in shambles, but they should still have a tentative schedule to fill out the rest of the season.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Yeah.  MLS is the only league in the world that has gone with this piece meal, play it by ear plan that basically makes it impossible to know what the resolution of this season will look like. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The league doesn't care about the regular season.  They'll get their Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Presented by Audi, and that's all that matters to them.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The league doesn't care about the regular season.  They'll get their Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Presented by Audi, and that's all that matters to them.

But who gets ion and how will it be seeded?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
10 in the East/8 in the West (18/26) teams making it cheapens the whole thing.

Anything more than half the conference making the playoffs is a joke, especially in a single elimination where the better team might not win. Doesnt reward the best teams over the course of a season.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

18/26 teams making it cheapens the whole thing. ...
more than half ... making the playoffs is a joke.

When the NHL had 21 teams, 16 made the playoffs.
24 of 31 made the playoffs this season.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

10 in the East/8 in the West (18/26) teams making it cheapens the whole thing.

Anything more than half the conference making the playoffs is a joke, especially in a single elimination where the better team might not win. Doesnt reward the best teams over the course of a season.

Unless, of course we win it

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

:lol:

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Yeah.  MLS is the only league in the world that has gone with this piece meal, play it by ear plan that basically makes it impossible to know what the resolution of this season will look like. 

They were also the first to get team sports back in the US. Organizing this outside the bubble is not an easy task, you saw what happened to baseball. Resolution will be play-offs, like it always is with more teams qualifying. Can probably be derailed too, as can football. I would not be blaming the MLS for lack of crystal clarity on this one. We are getting games, MLS is back was a good tourney, I feel they actually deserve some credit here.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

They were also the first to get team sports back in the US. Organizing this outside the bubble is not an easy task, you saw what happened to baseball. Resolution will be play-offs, like it always is with more teams qualifying. Can probably be derailed too, as can football. I would not be blaming the MLS for lack of crystal clarity on this one. We are getting games, MLS is back was a good tourney, I feel they actually deserve some credit here.

Agree

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Two days from now, TFC will play their final game on the schedule... still no schedule for the rest of the season. Micky Mouse league.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users