http://www.nj.com/es...ver_mobileshort

MetroFever

MetroFever

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

"Their player fouled us, but [the referee] gave them the ball," he said. "It was a ridiculous call. It led directly to their goal. From my (Kreis) point of view, he was very poor tonight."

http://www.newsday.c...ason-1.10723993

Kreis made it seem like it happened seconds after Dix fouled Perrinelle (good call). A lot of things had to happen for that goal to occur.....including the ball going in between his defenders leg. Also, he's upset about the non-call where Lampard went down thinking he was going to get a PK on his dive since.... he's "Frank Lampard". 

Usually Kreis is not this animated in games as his post-game comments sound like something from Peter Vermes or Ben Olsen. I'm sure someone from their FO got in his ear this week about it being a "must-win", since they now have all of their DP's on the field.

I thought Elfath did a good job officiating. His assistants were spot-on and the 4th official provided great info on his mic on the play where Mullins smacked Dax in the back of the behind after he made a pass, behind the referees back to stop play and award a caution. Can't blame the refs on this loss.

BTW, if I had a small package like Felipe, I would have run to the sideline much quicker to change shorts.  :D

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

“So there’s no confusion, so Jason doesn’t get upset, I want to make sure I give them full credit,’’ said McCarty, who exchanged jerseys with Villa after the match. “I thought they were very good. I thought they played really well. That was the best game they played against us.’’

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

EnchantedSomeAmmonite.gif

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Hahahahaha that is amazing!

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

EnchantedSomeAmmonite.gif

I LOLed. 

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

that's pretty lowbrow of him.  

You've seen his previous troll work, right?

Speaking of , bravo Eleazar I was cracking up at that shot

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
I thought the energy level picked back up with the Davis sub and tilted the game back in our favor

Good effort all around minus (Quelle surprise) the finishing.

I'm surprised no one mentioned that Felipe's goal was deflected which is why Saunders was surprised near post.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

I thought the energy level picked back up with the Davis sub and tilted the game back in our favor

I'm surprised no one mentioned that Felipe's goal was deflected which is why Saunders was surprised near post.

Saunders bawled out his defender. Either block the ball or get out the way for an easy save. The defender did not seem to realize that the ball deflected off him. The NYC backline was very generous in giving us two goals. They have been generous to other teams as well.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Now it all makes sense... Felipe is still yet to score a clean goal this year, one random deflection off his face and now a deflected shot.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

that was the most intense atmosphere ive seen at a rbny game. that tifo, the chants and noise level made were amazing. While it will take time to grow this reminded me of a portland seattle game

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

You've seen his previous troll work, right?

Speaking of , bravo Eleazar I was cracking up at that shot

yeah, that was me channeling Kreis.  

Eleazar that pic is indeed awesome.

You can't see any of them in that shot, but several times throughout the broadcast you could see people wearing that Metro 96 shirt someone on here made. 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

11062706_10206874255917033_9120073204653

That feeling when you realize that they're both younger than me :-/

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

SG's kiled it again.  Top notch all around.  We've got the best for damn certain.

Cheers!

At the bottom of the tifo, the canes had baseballs instead of tennis balls (which are usually used to help slide walkers). A funny touch!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

lowlight reel for Pirlo from last night   :D

https://twitter.com/...737769455845376

Grella juked him bad and then Dax crushed him with a slide tackle in the center circle!

Love it!!!!!!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users