JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
It is a Cinderella tournament now.
Philly, Orlando & Minnesota in the semis.

NYCFC-PTSC re-broadcast on FS1 now.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

It is a Cinderella tournament now.
Philly, Orlando & Minnesota in the semis.

We turned into a pumpkin long ago....

who to root for.? Not philly Portland again or do we want to add to list of team to win cups....

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
I guess I dont have anything against Minnesota...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We turned into a pumpkin long ago....

who to root for.? Not philly Portland again or do we want to add to list of team to win cups....

I stopped caring about other teams winning cups a long time ago... especially something as dubious as this one, or the "Campeones" garbage they made up last year. As long as its not DC or the blue slavers, whatever. Having those three shields helps.

That being said, go Gio.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I'm happy that nycfc got knocked out. Since Portland, Minnesota and Orlando haven't eliminated us from a competition yet I don't care if any of them win. Fuck Philly.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Wasn't Gio a coach in the academy for a little while and then they got rid of him for some reason?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Wasn't Gio a coach in the academy for a little while and then they got rid of him for some reason?

He was in charge of the whole academy not for a little while, but a few years. He helped build it from ground up.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Any time the Smurfs or DC lose is good. Dont really care about anyone else.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

He was in charge of the whole academy not for a little while, but a few years. He helped build it from ground up.

what happenend?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

what happenend?

I think the official story was he cared more about winning than developing. But there was some stuff behind the scenes, which some people might know more...

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

I think the official story was he cared more about winning than developing. But there was some stuff behind the scenes, which some people might know more...

MdG got him fired during MdG's first stint here. He was replaced by someone who told the club that he was our own reserve team's head coach a few years prior. I had commented on the press release that he was never the head coach of our reserve team. He was fired in two weeks. Why? He lied about being the reserve team head coach. He was the assistant coach and was fired from that role.
Clear example of how the organization does not pay any attention to history.

More on Gio:
https://www.frontrow...s-give-lessons/

"It was very sour, very difficult, he said. It came in a moment where there was a lot of hard work, Actually, I remember it was a great article in Soccer America saying the [Red Bulls] Academy was one of the best at the time. The decision made did not have anything to do with the person, the reputation, my work. It just came from a person who just did not understand about soccer. He had no idea about what the connection is between a player and a club, had no understanding of the importance of being in that position to carry. He came from a different world that was difficult to understand what soccer was. It was very difficult to work with a person like that.
In the end, I took a stand, I wasnt going to accept this person to be the same way he had kept on being with his approach to the game. I am always a purist, Im 100 percent to soccer. At that point, he felt it was his decision to separate me from my job. It was very sour because it was a club that I loved being part of. I had a connection with the players. We created a great program."
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
And deG still walks the earth ...

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

And deG still walks the earth ...

You mean still runs this team

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

MdG would let NYCFC players piss on the field at RBA if they promised him a few bucks that he could show off to Austria.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle
2-0 Portlandia in the 71st

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users