906 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

RBNY are going to trade for a 36 year old on the last year of his contract in a year where by firing their manager they have effectively punted the season?

You want roster upheaval going to have to wait until after MLS Cup.

The $150k in funny money we are sitting on it order to get him for the rest of the season would outweigh the number of fans that won't return next year after watching the front office give up and do nothing to fix it.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

The $150k in funny money we are sitting on it order to get him for the rest of the season would outweigh the number of fans that won't return next year after watching the front office give up and do nothing to fix it.

Fair enough, I guess. Short term moves and quick fixes arent moving the needle for me personally.

This winter is massive for the future of RBNY, with the back room staff overhaul there is little room for excuses. If a former PL executive and staff cant get this thing turning in the right direction even the most ardent apologists should be sounding the alarms.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

For $150k and a 2nd round draft pick in 2022 we could have had the 5th highest goalscorer in MLS history.

If we wanted an aging all-time leading scorer,
we could have kept BWP.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Not sure if he would cost that much, but thats an interesting profile. Relegated teams and teams with big squads are usually ripe for picking

Interested to see what happens with the roster over the next 5-6 months.

I think he has a release clause of 20m.

Again,special talent.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fair enough, I guess. Short term moves and quick fixes arent moving the needle for me personally.

This winter is massive for the future of RBNY, with the back room staff overhaul there is little room for excuses. If a former PL executive and staff cant get this thing turning in the right direction even the most ardent apologists should be sounding the alarms.

Pretty sure Tetteh, someone here on loan who has made it clear he wants to get right back to Europe, counts as a short term fix.

Agree that this winter is huge for the future of the team.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Pretty sure Tetteh, someone here on loan who has made it clear he wants to get right back to Europe, counts as a short term fix.

Agree that this winter is huge for the future of the team.

I think hes need to do well here for more than part of season to get back to Europe. If hes good, hed be a longer term solution than Kamara.

Although Kamara would have been helpful against Cinci the last we played them and sent a 100s crosses into Fernandez.

Also, why has a guy like Kamara, who can still score at a decent rate, not last more than a season and a half at a club since hes come back from Europe?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts

If we wanted an aging all-time leading scorer,
we could have kept BWP.

Well looking at our options, we should have, but not going to start beating a dead horse. Every one of us has the same number of goals and assists (in far less time played) than our current group of forwards.

@CurseofCaricola

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Should have kept BWP...

Should have signed Yimmi Chara and Cristian Pavón... Could you imagine Pavón and Yimmi Chara and Kaku and Royer combining with BWP
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
That said what's taking so long to sign a big name I want to see Cavani and Mario Mandukić and Juan Fernando Quintero

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

That said what's taking so long to sign a big name I want to see Cavani and Mario Mandukić and Juan Fernando Quintero

They have some competition for Cavani's signature...

https://www.espn.com...d-chase-sources

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Oh gosh forget... Yet just another hoop dream.. I wish we could see Cavani join NYRB this season but it won't happen..

Now maybe Rafael Santos Borre?! That's not too much to ask

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

That's not too much to ask

Anything seems too much to ask.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
MLS Transfers so take with a grain of salt:

https://twitter.com/...8686629888?s=19

Remember, they are the kings of making up stuff that makes sense on the surface. This example would be "Oh, MNU just got Kei Kamara, so the starting forward could be out. Who needs a striker. Red Bulls. Let's put this rumor out there."

Realistically, Toye is young and a bit of a surprise hot prospect. but not ready to be starting regularly. Kamara is entering his late 30s and contract expires at the end of the year.

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
More upside than our current striker options, sans a loaned in and currently unfit Tetteh.

Hes not even on a senior level contract for Minnesota currently, so I wouldnt be opposed unless they are asking for a significant amount of allocation $$.

Can only have so many project strikers with no clear first option however.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
This is how a true team with ambition is run....Atlanta United already replaces Pity with another DP from Argentina:

https://www.mlssocce...signated-player

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users