Estonians.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What kind of team names themselves after a city disaster? 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

well, it also didn't scare off the earthquakes....lol

the fire does not look good. we should be able to get a W. lets hope people get healthy.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,523 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Lindpere wasn't even in their match squad last week, is he injured or just out of favor?  Either way, Chicago has looked like trash so far this season.

If Espindola is healthy I want to see a front three of Dula-Henry-Dola in action with Cahill-Dax-Juninho behind them.  After today's performance I'm more than confident that Dula and Dola will put in the defensive effort necessary from the wings, and that's an attacking six that is capable of some truly exceptional possession play.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

Lindpere wasn't even in their match squad last week, is he injured or just out of favor?  Either way, Chicago has looked like trash so far this season.

I think he was on int'l duty with Estonia.

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

with Estonia for WCQ's

it would be so Metro for the team that can't score, score in bundles against us... We should be winning this one, but you know how we are :(

also whens the last time we won/got a point in Chicago? [edit: just looked it up... 2005... and we only won two others times in 2002 and 1998 lol]

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

Roofles

Roofles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:belligerent love that Red Bulls fans threw his way, in that particularly entitled, disrespectful, yet somehow fiercely loyal manner New York sports fans specialize in.

Joel came off the bench in both Estonia's Qualifiers; he scored a goal vs Andorra I think. (Also Tanio went 69' against Spain).

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls

Naaa after a tv show!
what just happen!

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

If we wanted to follow Chicago's example in naming, we could rename the club the New York Sandy.

puhe

puhe

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:metro

The Sandy Hooks

Hope Thierry has a good week in training.. I think he's our only finisher, to have a shot on the road even against a weak fire team

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls
Polluters FC ! Hey the cathedral sits on a polluted zone...... Let's go Redbulls we must win
what just happen!

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,266 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I really want us to beat Chicago. I despise them, 2nd most hated team for me. Ruined our 2000 season and our 2003 Open Cup run. Hate that we haven't taken it to them more.  They are a wounded animal and we NEED to finish them off.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Chicago has been the worst team in the league so far. Their offense is anemic. This is the type of game that needs to be a win if we want to be taken serious. We have never won at Toyota Park and this is a great opportunity to do so. They have one measly goal so far. Our midfield should dominate the game and hopefully Henry can start and our finishing gets sharper. Feel bad for Lindpere that he is stuck in such a bad team. 

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

I really want us to beat Chicago. I despise them, 2nd most hated team for me. Ruined our 2000 season and our 2003 Open Cup run. Hate that we haven't taken it to them more.  They are a wounded animal, and we NEED to finish them off.

Couldn't said it better myself. I'm SO proud of you! (sniff)

But seriously, the bad history that Metro has had with this club speaks for itself. My only problem is, as you just said, we haven't won there since the place has been built. That needs to change. We need to man up and planting our flag (3 points) at some of these fortresses especially up at Gillette Stadium. Good teams win at home, great teams win period.

If you were a new HC like Petke, this would something very high on your "to do" list.

HK

Ora e per sempre. Forza Metro!!!

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Lets be real though, we all KNOW that Lindpere is going to score at least once against us.

That's just how it works for this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users