74 replies to this topic

AHighBlackman

AHighBlackman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Supports: Metro! - USMNT -

Lets jusT say for argument's sake soler gets ballack to come for 200k (unlikely i know). Would you welcome him aboard?

Ofcourse I would
  •    Starting 11
  • ------ BWP ---------
  •   ------ SK ---------
  • - Grella ------ L.Sam ---
  • ----- Felipe - Dax ---------
  • Kemar -------------  Duvall
  •      Damien - M&M

Blood Diamond

4 - 3 - 3

4 - 2 - 3 - 1

@RaceCardUser

Instagram: blackmanjustin

AHighBlackman

AHighBlackman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Supports: Metro! - USMNT -

It's good to see that we don't over react around here about vague, unsubstantiated rumors.

Yes, how can we sign more of those old, aging stars like Markus Holgersson, Wilman Conde, Victor Palsson and Jeremy Vuolo. And resigning Lindpere, Keel and Rogers. AWFUL!

FIRE SOLER! FIRE BACKE! BLOW UP RE BULL ARENA! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NY COSMOS! NOW!

:) AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  •    Starting 11
  • ------ BWP ---------
  •   ------ SK ---------
  • - Grella ------ L.Sam ---
  • ----- Felipe - Dax ---------
  • Kemar -------------  Duvall
  •      Damien - M&M

Blood Diamond

4 - 3 - 3

4 - 2 - 3 - 1

@RaceCardUser

Instagram: blackmanjustin

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
More reports of Ballack supposedly getting an offer from us and Montreal. Meh, I'm not that excited about an over the hill Euro coming here. That being said what kind of shape is this guy in and where would he play? I've haven't watched him closely since he left Chelsea. I did find some fairly recent clips of him at Leverkusen:

Yes, that's him wearing the nose protector. He seems to trail behind the attackers and sometimes drifts wide. He still looks pretty good, strong on set pieces.

BigAristotle

BigAristotle

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls?
well, Ballack would be the CAM were looking for.

If we have the cap go for it.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Looks like if we want him, we don't have to wait until the summer.

Leverkusen is sick of him.

http://soccernet.esp...release?cc=5901

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
http://www.sport.de/...usa-ziehen.html

And the Google translation:
Bayer Leverkusen wants to appear sooner rather than later separated from Michael Ballack. "Our contract runs until 30 June when he wants to get out early, we can certainly talk to us," said CEO Wolfgang wooden houses to the 'Focus'.

Ballack could still change in the current season in the U.S., where the transfer window is open until mid-April. Even the 35-year-old has a premature departure has not been shelved. The injured midfielder confirmed that a move to New York would be possible and that he had contacted the Major League Soccer club.

"It is too early to talk about a change in the MLS. But yes, there is a possibility that I go to the New York Red Bulls," the 35-year-old said in an interview with Spanish sports daily El Mundo Deportivo '.

Whether the change in the course of the season or until the summer goes on the stage, leaving open Ballack. In New York would play together, the former captain of the German national team with the French star Thierry Henry.

Ballack: "I owe the fans"
If a transfer smashed, wants to not let Ballack during the remaining months of Leverkusen hang. "I give my best in every training session, which I am guilty of the fans. I will continue to accelerate and try every day to have fun and come back again," he told Sky.

"I will not comment publicly on transfers - as I've always done," commented Bayer coach Robin Dutt appropriate inquiries. On the last weekend Dutt had spoken of a possible return of his midfield stars in the team: "I am assuming that we still need him."

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
And this one saying he is "close to signing", may play for any of 5 teams:
http://www.goal.com/...th-major-league

simont

simont

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls USMNT Tottenham Hotspur
i dont no. but i guss the good thing is he would come in when we have preseason so he would have time to get to no the players out side of the 2 DPs that i bet he No’s well the other players he dose not no. but also he has never played with the 2 DPs we have so it would be a good time for him to get to no the way each other plays.

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Some older players fit in well, some don't, it's really up to management to figure that out. I guess he's a candidate for us because he'd have some RB marketing potential. Unfortunately, every time I hear "Ballack" I think of his goal against the US in WC 2002 in, what was it, the quarterfinals? I can't get his head out of mine! :)

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
35 year old, out of favor, primadona German looking for a vacation last payday in the US.

Sounds like a player Red Bull would be interested in.

This has epic fail written all over it.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

35 year old, out of favor, primadona German looking for a vacation last payday in the US.

Sounds like a player Red Bull would be interested in.

Oldthar 2.0

BlancDaBody

BlancDaBody

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Coventry City, USMNT
Eh, I'd pass on Ballack... Unless he agrees to rock that sick Batman looking face mask while playing at Red Bull Arena.
Posted Image
"I'm Thierry Henry, BITCH!"
"I'M STRONG!" - Thierry Henry

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

Eh, I'd pass on Ballack... Unless he agrees to rock that sick Batman looking face mask while playing at Red Bull Arena.
Posted Image

Posted Image
I guarantee that only one of these characters is greatly anticipated for Summer 2012.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Some older players fit in well, some don't, it's really up to management to figure that out. I guess he's a candidate for us because he'd have some RB marketing potential. Unfortunately, every time I hear "Ballack" I think of his goal against the US in WC 2002 in, what was it, the quarterfinals? I can't get his head out of mine! :)

In 2002, at 25 years of age, Ballack was considered by many to be the 5th best player in the World

REC.SPORT.SOCCER PLAYER OF THE YEAR 2002

1."Ronaldo" Real Madrid CF [1] Brazil 44 30 20 18 11 447
2."Roberto Carlos" Real Madrid CF Brazil 48 17 10 12 9 371
3.Zinedine Zidane Real Madrid CF France 20 26 23 26 16 341
4.Oliver Kahn FC Bayern München Germany 15 30 23 22 14 322
5.Michael Ballack FC Bayern München [2] Germany 31 19 15 8 13 305

6.Thierry Henry Arsenal FC France 18 15 26 18 11 275
7.Raúl González Blanco Real Madrid CF Spain 21 15 12 15 7 238
8."Rivaldo" Milan AC [3] Brazil 6 15 12 6 8 146
9.Ruud van Nistelrooij Manchester United FC Netherlands 1 7 12 13 8 103
10.David Beckham Manchester United FC England 4 2 3 9 6 61

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Doesn't surprise me, thanks for the flashback. :)

I guess my point is that there are some "older players" who fit and some who don't, and most people don't have the foggiest notion of which is which. I'm hoping Soler isn't one of those "most people", of course. Granted, it may not be up to him; as I've said before, Austria may severely restrict the pool of DPs from which he can choose.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users