746 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Today's player is somehow still active. Go figure.

Don't want to spoil it, but interesting fact about him I will share tomorrow
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

wow guessed this one on my 2nd try.  it helped that i correctly guessed his jersey # on my 1st guess. 

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

I change Games Played back to Years Played because the GP number is impossible to hit.

You actually just took away one of my cheats because I used the all-time stats to narrow it down. There is no master list of years played (I don't think). I got Brenes because I guessed Pacheco before that (both played 16 games). That's fine, it just makes it harder, I think.

Got it on the 5th try today.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You actually just took away one of my cheats because I used the all-time stats to narrow it down. There is no master list of years played (I don't think). I got Brenes because I guessed Pacheco before that (both played 16 games). That's fine, it just makes it harder, I think.

Got it on the 5th try today.

I actually think it's easier, to think "he played 1 season with Metro" vs "he played 16 games with Metro"... unless you cheat, of course. ;)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

I added a "Hints" checkbox which will reward you for getting green boxes by eliminating those who do not fit from the dropdown list. For example, if the mystery player is American and you guess an American, all non-Americans will be "crossed out" from the dropdown. You can still guess them, however.

Of course, real players don't use hints.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

I generally have no idea what jersey numbers are of any players, not even the current players.  It is a severe handicap in this game.

Same.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
So yesterday- Joselito Vaca. Both he and Michael Bradley are the last two remaining active MetroStars. Both have contracts set to expire in December.

Vaca has been playing (and still well) for Blooming for years now with a couple moves throughout.

Have to think Bradley gets another year or two if he wants it with TFC.

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Today's was super easy for me... but man, the randomizer seems to not like the modern era.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Got it on my final guess today. I don't use hints, but i feel like scrolling through the total list of names is already a huge enough hint (which i did today)

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I think today's was the easiest yet, but still was not all that easy.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Got it in 4 without any hints or cheats. Forgot that he lasted that many years.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

Today's was super easy for me... but man, the randomizer seems to not like the modern era.

Speaking of eras, it's so strange to think that 18 years ago, some wackjob kid nicknamed JonnyG was posting lineups featuring Pablo Brenes and Joselito Vaca while lauding the technical abilities of a certain Sergio Galvan Rey.

And now here we are about to watch a World Cup in Qatar.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Speaking of eras, it's so strange to think that 18 years ago, some wackjob kid nicknamed JonnyG was posting lineups featuring Pablo Brenes and Joselito Vaca while lauding the technical abilities of a certain Sergio Galvan Rey.

And now here we are about to watch a World Cup in Qatar.

JonnyG and Patistuta. Times sure have changed but unfortunately our number of cups have not...

@CurseofCaricola

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
Never really watched the Metrostars. One of my only memories of that team is watching a random game on TV. Clint Mathis volleyed a boll into a defenders face and nearly took his head off (as I recall).
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Holy crap, today's one is hard.

What's worse, there are actually two players who share all the data points.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users