RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Stephen Appiah is a FA. Box to Box mid...possible max salary non DP

http://en.wikipedia..../Stephen_Appiah

If he's healthy, a big club will take him.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
i work weekends now so ive been out of the loop ......

um what about bring some US nat players that are getting older back to the states or poaching some other MLS team for players..... why not send a team a lot of draft picks for proven talent????

like Jay demerit or steve cherundolo

my blogic behind that is draft picks take waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long to develop ..... yea they may get a really talented guy but ie

we send a couple of picks to team like the crew or the dynamo or chivas and metro get robbie rogers or stuart holden or sacha Kljesten?

or is that an insane idea that i have; caused by this team driving me crazy and me losing touch with reality because they were so painful to watch?

or how bout going after u17 guys like Luis Gil or poaching the mexican league for marco vidal isnt he an american

i would like more american players on Metro cuz theyre not as much money to get and i feel theyll play harder....
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Supports:NYC Bars
Give Jonny Steele a trial.
I shall write my life as if it was a love story. For who is to say it is not? It began with a love of football, and it will end the same.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

i work weekends now so ive been out of the loop ......

um what about bring some US nat players that are getting older back to the states or poaching some other MLS team for players..... why not send a team a lot of draft picks for proven talent????

like Jay demerit or steve cherundolo

my blogic behind that is draft picks take waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long to develop ..... yea they may get a really talented guy but ie

we send a couple of picks to team like the crew or the dynamo or chivas and metro get robbie rogers or stuart holden or sacha Kljesten?

or is that an insane idea that i have; caused by this team driving me crazy and me losing touch with reality because they were so painful to watch?

or how bout going after u17 guys like Luis Gil or poaching the mexican league for marco vidal isnt he an american

i would like more american players on Metro cuz theyre not as much money to get and i feel theyll play harder....

i say look into Danny Califf. Proven MLS producer, dont know his contract status though. he looks like he fell out of favor with his scandinavian club and up until a year ago was actually getting games for the nats

5 year plan

Metrosct

Metrosct

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

i say look into Danny Califf. Proven MLS producer, dont know his contract status though. he looks like he fell out of favor with his scandinavian club and up until a year ago was actually getting games for the nats

Bradley may have given him some games for the Nats - but he really sucks. No better than Goldy, Petke, etc. in my opinion.

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
David Dunn, hes a talented attacking midfielder turns 30 in december. He's looking not too bad on Blackburn. I would like him as a DP. Might be available next season. Only 1 England cap. Rovers paid an estimated 2.2 mill pounds for him in 07. Think poor mans Stevie Gerrard, but can also play wide if forced.

Tough to find a youtube video that's not the one where he did the spectacular fail. Here is one of all his Rovers goals

Unfortunately people are under the impression that he is not talented enough to deserve a spot in a last place MLS team.
I shall write my life as if it was a love story. For who is to say it is not? It began with a love of football, and it will end the same.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea

David Dunn, hes a talented attacking midfielder turns 30 in december. He's looking not too bad on Blackburn. I would like him as a DP. Might be available next season. Only 1 England cap. Rovers paid an estimated 2.2 mill pounds for him in 07. Think poor mans Stevie Gerrard, but can also play wide if forced.

Tough to find a youtube video that's not the one where he did the spectacular fail. Here is one of all his Rovers goals

Unfortunately people are under the impression that he is not talented enough to deserve a spot in a last place MLS team.

He has a bit of a history with injuries, to put it mildly. Sure, Dunn is talented enough to have a spot on a last place MLS team (though you wouldn't know it from the way Blackburn have played this season), but is he worth a DP investment?
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
ideally when fishing for random players i'd like to look at FA's ,players that will become FA's in the summer, or a scenario where players and club mutually terminate the contract (ljungberg-west ham scenario) . Is Dunn a FA in summer? I dont think MLS or RB is down for paying transfer fees for a player like that.

It will be intersting to see if MLS actually has free agents after the new CBA is signed. I wouldnt mind snagging Schelotto on a one year contract.(non DP of course) Maybe JPA can talk him into a River-Boca connection in NY. You really saw tonight how average C-bus is when Schelotto isnt on form. He scored 2 goals tonight and they still lost

5 year plan

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT

but is he worth a DP investment?

why would we offer him DP money? (other than the fact we often overpay for suck)

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea

why would we offer him DP money? (other than the fact we often overpay for suck)

I have no idea. We'd just be paying for his name and PL pedigree.

I was kind of hoping Deco would continue to fall out of favor at Chelsea and we would get a shot at him, but he seems to have worked his way back into the team.
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Why shouldnt we offer him DP money if hes free after WC2010? sorry jen dont mean to single you out.

He will be a Good/great player and will be amazing in this league.
Is it because he won't/will sell seats? Or is it because the coach will countermand this suggestion?
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

SmittyNNJ

SmittyNNJ

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic

I see two positives out of this...1. we could finally break out a third jersey that would look like the can (and Blackburn's kit) and 2. we would be going after that all important English fan base.

All kidding aside, he would be an interesting pick up however I don't think he would be worth the dp slot. Maybe pay him the max like Schletto was getting a few years back?

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I would suggest looking at stars from south america as dps. Like ronaldo, riquelme, adriano...

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

I would suggest looking at stars from south america as dps. Like ronaldo, riquelme, adriano...

the only one id consider

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
The DP slot shouldnt be used for just a big name. lets be smart and use it effectively. Dunn would be a good addition here. I'm not discounting riquelme's talent but he would only be here for a paycheck and fame. At least if we use someone in the Dunn range* we can rule that out.

He got an assist today, just sayin.

Smitty, great comment about the can jersey, I didnt even consider that. :lol:

*talented but never famous.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users