TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Would we really buy a 29 year old?

Like I mentioned in another thread they were linked to Ilori (27) and Fede Cartabia (27) this transfer window. Dont think the reporter would just BS the link.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

So by judging attendance at RBA, that player would be joining the "One twentieth + one"?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It's one thing to sign lots of players and another to sign players who actually succeed in MLS, but it's becoming increasingly clear that the biggest hindrance to spending was that we had shitty management who either couldn't advocate for its needs or whom Global didn't trust with the handling of expensive transfers. 

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Would we really buy a 29 year old?

Maybe a loan, though?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

More of a CM? If he gets stuck in, fine. He's a Cruz Azul player...maybe swap Kaku for Pol? Loan in each direction? Cruz Azul were rumored to be interested in Kaku at one point way before we got involved. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

More of a CM? If he gets stuck in, fine. He's a Cruz Azul player...maybe swap Kaku for Pol? Loan in each direction? Cruz Azul were rumored to be interested in Kaku at one point way before we got involved. 

Was thinking he could play the left mezzala in the diamond in the 20 minutes of research I did. Has played CAM, CM, LM, RM.

Still if he comes in and Haksabanovic and Edwards come in they are down to 1 international spot (assuming a Kaku exit) with ST and CDM needing to be strengthened

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Seems to be buzz on Twitter that hes close to returning to Racing, so Idk.

Link to us came out today 🤷‍♂

Racing have financial issues so it seems to be more hopeful on their end. An article quotes Fernandezs price from Cruz Azul at $4 million, with Racing wanting to take him on loan with an option to buy.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

It's one thing to sign lots of players and another to sign players who actually succeed in MLS, but it's becoming increasingly clear that the biggest hindrance to spending was that we had shitty management who either couldn't advocate for its needs or whom Global didn't trust with the handling of expensive transfers. 

I think you are right on both counts but it begs the question: If you don't trust management's competence in handling an expensive transfer why were they not fired the second that trust was lost?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I think you are right on both counts but it begs the question: If you don't trust management's competence in handling an expensive transfer why were they not fired the second that trust was lost?

Someone has to run the ship. I don't say that to completely let Global off the hook, but it definitely took some time for Rangnick to look at the operation, determine it was fucked, and get a gameplan together to get a new group in. In the meantime they could have fired Hamlett and put in charge... whom? 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Someone has to run the ship. I don't say that to completely let Global off the hook, but it definitely took some time for Rangnick to look at the operation, determine it was fucked, and get a gameplan together to get a new group in. In the meantime they could have fired Hamlett and put in charge... whom? 

Milo

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

they were replaced. The process of evaluating was over time Red Bull dont rush into anything and part of that evaluation coincided with guys like rangnick and Mitchell leaving Red Bull

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Milo

He'd spend $80M in his first off-season and bankrupt the team lol

Would be fun to watch though...

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

So by judging attendance at RBA, that player would be joining the "One twentieth + one"?

Not feeling the bern.
https://nypost.com/2...tion-day-memes/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users