#RedBullOut

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Pavon is apparently available and might go to LA Galaxy.

Red Bull should definitely be in for him, to replace Muyl.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,675 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Hamlett was quoted ok this and said that he doesnt enjoy tequila.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I wouldn't mind break shea for a two year deal. We need a reliable back up. He could also challenge murillo for his starting job.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I wouldn't mind break shea for a two year deal. We need a reliable back up. He could also challenge murillo for his starting job.

You can say Brek Shea, and you can say reliable, but not both at the same time.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,140 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

As a reminder the transfer window officially opened today meaning the following:

Educated guess:
In- the obligatory lower division guy with a high ceiling that's overpaid and USL quality at best.

my favorite kind. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Alves Powell(rb) from cincy or Damion Lowe from stark (cb) play for Jamaica's nt. They could be useful pick ups. They are still young. Roughly 24 yrs old.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Anyone got $200M?
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=kC2AnKFQKHs

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=EInv5pBEeho

since when Ronaldo was rumored has a huge huge rumored investment not been worth the rumored amount but if anything he'd be more worth it... Yet alas i doubt he'd be interested
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

been saying this for a year

That and Orlando Berrío or Luis Diaz but Díaz is going to Porto now for like $6 million if iirc...

Orlando Berrío is still available and so is Yimmi Chara.. I'd say get both as they can play LW RW and Second Striker and Berrío can even play CF
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I had this thought back when it first happened, and frankly didn't like it, but while we're making up deals that will never happen, how about this:

Get Andrew Carleton from Atlanta.

He was recently demoted to the 2 squad, because he forgot his passport on a trip to Canada, forcing the team to play with a(n) (even) short(er) bench. This was after he went out partying the night before MLS Cup and posted video of it to Instagram and apparently wrecked his high-end Challenger. He's clearly a big fish in a small pond down there and doesn't take his development seriously because he's surrounded by his boys who likely spend all day telling him how great he is.

He's never going to reach his potential staying in Atlanta and given our history with player development and reclamation, he might here.

Of course, his immaturity might follow him north. But, he won't have the same "support" structure up here. And his $75,000 salary won't go nearly as far, either, so his lifestyle will necessarily change.

He's not going to help now, obviously. And we have so many young wingers. But his ceiling might be higher than any other attacking player we have in the system.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,838 posts

I had this thought back when it first happened, and frankly didn't like it, but while we're making up deals that will never happen, how about this:

Get Andrew Carleton from Atlanta.

He was recently demoted to the 2 squad, because he forgot his passport on a trip to Canada, forcing the team to play with a(n) (even) short(er) bench. This was after he went out partying the night before MLS Cup and posted video of it to Instagram and apparently wrecked his high-end Challenger. He's clearly a big fish in a small pond down there and doesn't take his development seriously because he's surrounded by his boys who likely spend all day telling him how great he is.

He's never going to reach his potential staying in Atlanta and given our history with player development and reclamation, he might here.

Of course, his immaturity might follow him north. But, he won't have the same "support" structure up here. And his $75,000 salary won't go nearly as far, either, so his lifestyle will necessarily change.

He's not going to help now, obviously. And we have so many young wingers. But his ceiling might be higher than any other attacking player we have in the system.

High risk high reward.  Don't hate it. 

Carleton seems more Tommy Redding like scenario or perhaps Juan Agudelo.

wouldn't surprise me if ATL trades him.  Bringing in Hyndman is a direct competition or Carleton more winger?

Read a post that after missing the trip due to passport issue Deboer sent him to ATL 2 with instructions to not play.  Warm him up for an extended period but to not play him.  .  

Maybe DeBoer says you should try the Dutch league kid makes some calls and gets him a loan and big wake up call.

But I would imagine he would go to SKC or maybe a LAFC even Portland.  

SKC has Zelam but Vermes knows how to develop young players.  Bradley too.  Maybe even NER

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

High risk high reward.  Don't hate it. 

Carleton seems more Tommy Redding like scenario or perhaps Juan Agudelo.

wouldn't surprise me if ATL trades him.  Bringing in Hyndman is a direct competition or Carleton more winger?

Read a post that after missing the trip due to passport issue Deboer sent him to ATL 2 with instructions to not play.  Warm him up for an extended period but to not play him.  .  

Maybe DeBoer says you should try the Dutch league kid makes some calls and gets him a loan and big wake up call.

But I would imagine he would go to SKC or maybe a LAFC even Portland.  

SKC has Zelam but Vermes knows how to develop young players.  Bradley too.  Maybe even NER

He's more of a winger/striker/attacking midfielder. Hyndman is more CM/DM.

There's no indication Atlanta wants to move on from him. He was super hyped coming up because he's a local kid, so I'm not sure they're keen on getting rid of him (his signing also had Atlanta fans raving about their academy, which was hilarious). That being said, he's never going to be the hometown hero, because he's got too many people willing to kiss his ass.

If anything, I see him as an Agudelo. He's a guy who had tons of potential, but needed a little more care in his development and a wake up call. What fucked Agudelo, even more than not having a USL squad, was his insistence on playing in England and only England. He sat out an entire season and passed up deals in the Netherlands to try and make it happen -- even going as far as considering buying EU citizenship. That was a super special case that I doubt would be repeated given the disastrous effect it had on his career.

The only way Carleton is going to reach his potential is if he goes somewhere, gets his ass kicked and realizes success isn't guaranteed. I think we would do it, but you're right in that plenty of other teams would/could, too. And I do think it's going to get to a point in the near future where Atlanta realizes the only value they can get out of him is selling/trading.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Doesn't NYC seem like literally one of the last places on the planet an immature playboy should settle?

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2
I mean he would either flounder or flourish, up to him.

Atl if youre from the area and know people can be even worse than nyc In terms of night life / drugs. Not saying he has a problem but any city you can get into stuff if youre looking for it.

Id rather just stick with mines / DE7 and if we get a winger bring in a Royer but left footed.

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Doesn't NYC seem like literally one of the last places on the planet an immature playboy should settle?

This is one of the reasons I'm not enamored with the idea (that and I think we have plenty of young wingers already, as Mibabalou points out).

But at the same time, New York is an enormous place where he knows no one, no one knows him and his $75,000 salary gets him a fraction of the lifestyle he had previously.

The kid is going to sink or swim on his willingness to grow up, anyway. We might as well be the beneficiaries should he do so.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users