1085 replies to this topic

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Gonzalo Higuain was training with Miami like a week after he arrived in the US, so I don't know what their problem is with other teams ignoring it.

I would assume he could train in Miami was because Florida doesn't have any mandatory quarantine period. Each team is beholden to the regulations of their local government so there is no league standard. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

you can't recruit international caliber players if they know you will block them from playing in qualifiers.  It sucks but is very short sighted by MLS. 

Pretty sure some Euro players missed UEFA Nations League games recently (Croatian or Slovakian league iirc). Of all the reasons that good players won't come to MLS, this one-off weird occurrence would be quite low on the list.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Trump + Melania test positive for Covid, along with one of Trump's top aides:

https://www.nbcnews....vid-19-n1241769

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

you can't recruit international caliber players if they know you will block them from playing in qualifiers.  It sucks but is very short sighted by MLS. 

uh there's a pandemic

who knows if Kaku wants to travel at this time but does not want to say no the Paraguay call up.  Easier to say I would love to come but its my club.

Or maybe he does.......

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,119 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA

They will end up moving back WC to 2023, so that WCQ can take place in 2022 when covid19 is hopefully over. (my opinion)

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Connecticut allowing 5,000 fans for the Toronto/Miami game on Nov. 1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users