643 replies to this topic

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos
Fire him. Its not going to get any better.

wors1986

wors1986

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We need to fire him and get a top level manager and a top level 3rd DP. 

In the 101

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts

Armas needs to stop the we need to change our plan and for the next game or 2 go back to we press and counterpress better then you can play out of the back and bypass our midfield.   Over the next 5 months yes we need to evolve but we also need to play well (even if it the "older" system)

Start fast

Speed the game up

Sit Murillo

Send Jorgensen to NYRB2 to learn more of the system

Play Omir, Ivan and DE7. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

I fully appreciate how good Tyler is, I just cannot get behind the idea that one player on any team in the world is so important that losing them sends you from one of the best in the league to one of the worst. Didn't buy it when people said we lost to Atlanta cause Kemar was out, not buying losing Tyler as an excuse for this seasons performances so far.

The coach and players are quite literally saying out loud, multiple times already this season, that teams are figuring them out. Not sure how you can see that and absolve the coaching staff of any blame like you are.

It's not just one player though, it's a starting Bundesliga player.  Added into that, our striker who has had sensational production for us in his time here, is finally seeing father time catch up to him.  We did nothing to address this roster in the offseason, absolutely nothing.

You're left hoping some academy kid just takes the reigns and runs with it.  Maybe you get lucky, maybe you don't.  All I know is our lone summer signing was an 18 year old kid who barely played in Denmark.  He apparently can't play a second striker compliment to BWP either.  So, here we are.

#RedBullOut

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts

Individual + Senior Leaders + Armas (if Armas is not a kick ass coach then Luis and BWP need to bring that intensity)

1 - poor intensity - Armas and vets needs to stress this.  

2 - poor passing

3 - poor individual defending

Armas issues

4- slowing game down instead of speeding it up

5 - trying to fit in Jorgensen.  Allow kid (and rest of team) time to adapt

6- play Omir as the team looked best - quick smart skillful with him in line-up

7- continue playing Casseres

Front office issues

8- mythical DP that will fix everything above + attendence

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

We have no idea.  The team looked better with Armas than Marsch last year, so who knows.  I'm bearish this roster and was going into the season.  That we're struggling does not surprise me.  We've ridden some incredible form and injury luck with BWP for the past several seasons.  That luck appears to be running out.

And if Tyler has injury problems we end up with nothing.  There's no reason whatsoever for Red Bull to sell a kid that they just got for $3 million, none at all. They'll sell Werner first.

Instead, we're left here holding our hands out praying he fetches a $30+ million dollar transfer fee to avoid this being one of the worst deals in our young history.  It's a disgrace, and no other club would've gone for this deal for that little up front.

Who gives a flying fuck if we get 10 million in 5 years.  None of the guys on this squad will be here anyway.

I see your point. I would argue that we could potentially make more money with the current deal. If he gets sold for $60M, we would get $20M. No way anyone would have bought him from us for $20M. It's a gamble though. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts
  • Supports:METRO
I'm all for firing Armas as i never liked his style and he looks lost most of the time when I watch behind the scenes stuff. As Komba likes to say too much rah rah not enough substance. I always preferred Woly to replace Marsch but I'm not sure that's much of an upgrade, just prefer metro guys trying their best than fire guys. Either way there's no way rb spends on a coach so if we do get an outside replacement it will most likely be an unknown young coach ala Marsch.

As for us selling Tyler that was always a given and the transfer fee seems right unless you're extremely biased as we are. Let's say we got $10mil cash for the transfer, who here really thinks we'd do much if anything different than we did do? RB us not hurting for money, thet just have a plan/strategy and they're sticking with it, for better or for worse and that's fine with me after years of stumbling around.

Arguing that we suck because Tyler is gone is laughable, arguing that we lioked better under Armas last year rather than Marcsh is just as funny considering last years team was still Jesse's including Armas talking to him regularly after he left. This year Armas has full control if the team and it looks pathetic. Surw players are not executing the game plan, but what is the fucking game plan? Imagine Tyler starting this year for us too, can anyone truly say we'd be a different, better, team? I don't think so.

So yea fire Armas, but I don't see anything better coming unless there's some German up and coming coach rb has eyes on. Be careful what you wish for.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts
They built the roster over the years with the idea of pressing the opponent into oblivion for 90 minutes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, but if you try to slow down a roster of players that are built to play fast youre gonna get...well...this.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

I want to love Armas, but you watch the behind the scenes videos and could swear players are on the verge of rolling their eyes at his rambling "Guys? Guys! You got this, guys" speeches, that are always a little too self-referential for me. Don't ever recall a coach saying the word "me" and "I" as much as he does when he talks to the team in those videos. Seems almost insecure.

I think he can work with an upgraded roster, but right now Jesse seems more suited to motivating and preparing a moneyball kind of setup to win week in, week out. 

That said, Omir, CCJ and oh yes DE7 offer the steel, swag, and creativity this team lacks in the midfield and attack. Kaku looked much better at the end of the MU game when he had another slick playmaker in Etienne to play off of. He seemed to come alive and played a couple of dangerous balls into the box. It helps to play ballers with other ballers to get the best out of them {insert rant about the weak rosters Henry played with, especially in his first 2 years}.

The talent is there to be better than this.

RED. BULL. OUT.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,355 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
The talent is definitely there. What's doing us in appears to be a conscious shift away from Plan A (press press press) and on to developing a plan B. He's failing at making a plan B but you can't fault him for trying to add another tool in our arsenal.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts

I want to love Armas, but you watch the behind the scenes videos and could swear players are on the verge of rolling their eyes at his rambling "Guys? Guys! You got this, guys" speeches, that are always a little too self-referential for me. Don't ever recall a coach saying the word "me" and "I" as much as he does when he talks to the team in those videos. Seems almost insecure.

I think he can work with an upgraded roster, but right now Jesse seems more suited to motivating and preparing a moneyball kind of setup to win week in, week out. 

That said, Omir, CCJ and oh yes DE7 offer the steel, swag, and creativity this team lacks in the midfield and attack. Kaku looked much better at the end of the MU game when he had another slick playmaker in Etienne to play off of. He seemed to come alive and played a couple of dangerous balls into the box. It helps to play ballers with other ballers to get the best out of them {insert rant about the weak rosters Henry played with, especially in his first 2 years}.

Maybe the I is him taking responsibility
Maybe he should say the teams passing doesnt suck by 5% below the 2nd to last place team, horrible switched off defending and a lucky own goal did us in.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Like most Fire-the-coach discussions, you have to take a real hard look at who's actually available and are they a fit. Don't know what the market is right now. And how long do you want to be patient while a new manager implements their system?

If this was a serious consideration, it should have been done in the pre-season, not week 6. Missing Tyler Adams or not, I just can't imagine this team has fallen apart this poorly in such a short amount of time.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,245 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The grass is always greener....   DE has always been a guy to show sparks coming off the bench, but has rarely been able to generate more than that when given real minutes.    Omir shows great promise, but he spends half the game on the ground.   CCJr shows promise, but has his ups and downs, and certainly hasn't yet shown to be up to the hype of Tyler's replacement.   When you're down late in a game, pull a defender,  and everyone is throwing all they have into the attack, it' not much of  an indication of how they would play under normal circumstances

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,084 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

who's actually available and are they a fit.
Don't know what the market is right now.

Mike was hired because no big shot wanted the job.
Woly knows the system and the players.

I just can't imagine this team has fallen apart this poorly in such a short amount of time.

You do not have to imagine it.
It is happening right before our eyes.
The players need to step up.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Chris didn't do himself any favors so far, but it's too early to fire him. The team lost its best player in Adams, and it is a huge loss, which was not compensated for. We literally got no one in return. Our second best player, BWP, has also slowed down drastically. We also lost Valot, who I felt was a key player early on, and whom we needed more than last year with Adams' departure and BWP decline. Jorgensen is not ready for prime time yet. Kaku played like absolute shit so far. All of that makes a big difference and can't be blamed on the coach.

I do want to see Omir and Casseres get more PT, and see if it makes a difference, but loses of Adams and Valot, coupled with BWP slowdown and Kaku's poor start make me think we need more good players rather than firing a coach to get better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users