22 replies to this topic

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If we consider for a moment that Mateschitz cares at all, then why would he invest more? He is European and the RB strategy is working. We have won three Shields in six years in Americas first division. To him, thats the championship, not fluky MLS Cup. Added bonus, NY is developing talent for Leipzig and Salzburg (managerial at least). WE want a Cup. Red Bull Corporate not quite as much.

That's a lot of assumptions.

From a marketing standpoint here getting that first star on the jersey is bigger than the shield.

They may see winning the SS as being more authentic but from a marketing point of view, which I think is what RB is all about, winning the MLS Cup is way more beneficial.  
Also, has Mateschitz ever been at a game in RBA?

Exactly and I don't think he has

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Garber needs to maintain the image of parity so he can sell expansion franchises in small markets to fund the enterprise. ...

That's an MLS 1.0 attitude, which ATL kinda crushed.   I think these new teams would rather be allowed to spend their way to the top, and its the old guard who want to pinch pennies under the pretense of "parity."

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Garber needs to maintain the image of parity so he can sell expansion franchises in small markets

Image? Reality! Case in point: Atlanta.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

If we consider for a moment that Mateschitz cares at all, then why would he invest more? He is European and the RB strategy is working. We have won three Shields in six years in Americas first division. To him, thats the championship, not fluky MLS Cup. Added bonus, NY is developing talent for Leipzig and Salzburg

Add in fake attendance figures and he is happy.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

has Mateschitz ever been at a game in RBA?

One time this Oida stood next to me at a game, yelling Pass Auf! and grumbling about the beer lines.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Anybody who thinks that Mateschitz knows a damn thing about our team is kidding themselves.  We're a line item.  As long as we're not embarrassingly bad and still have "Red Bull" in our name, the ownership will be happy.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

Even if we went full San Jose for years, as long as we weren't operating at a huge loss I doubt Austria would even know what was going on.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

they'll notice if there aren't suitors for players.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users