1252 replies to this topic

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

I wrote an angry letter to my rep a few weeks ago (not directed at her, obviously). If every season ticket holder did the same, maybe it would have some sort of effect (doubtful though). In any event, it felt good to vent.

Here is what I wrote:

Hey Kate,

Happy New Year! I just wanted to drop a quick line to you that I hope you will pass on to management. As you know, with three young children, I am not able to make many games. Despite this, I continue to renew my season tickets, as I feel its important to support the club. I have been a season ticket holder for the past 11 years.

However, Im now questioning my decision to renew. It just does not seem that the club is willing to invest in acquiring players who can be difference makers. It seems content to build through the academy and the draft. Every other club is signing DPs, and some of those signings are significant. Meanwhile, we have let our two most senior leaders go (BWP and Robles), and seen Murillo transferred to Belgium. And outside of a reserve goalkeeper and the draft, we have acquired no one. Of course, theres still time to sign new players before the season starts. But the inaction thus far has been dispiriting.

If the club is not willing to invest financially in players, I ask myself why I should invest financially in the club. Weve all seen the tarps go up the past few seasons. Theres a reason for that. And If the club keeps on its current trajectory, I have a sneaking suspicion we will see even more tarps. (I know Im likely preaching to the choir here. Since you make a living selling tickets, Im sure youre probably dying for some big signings as well.)

If you could pass this email on to management, Id appreciate it. Doubt I will get a meaningful response from someone higher up in the club, but I would be remiss if I didnt say something.

Forget the email. Just don't renew, if it's too late don't go. 5000 attendance consistently should send a signal.

I hope....

#redbullout

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

5000 attendance consistently should send a signal.

Do you think the FO will report attendance as 5K?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

They can't hide the lack of ticket and concession sales.  If ownership is really the tightwad so many are saying they are, that can't go unnoticed.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

They will falsely report it as 15k

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

They can't hide the lack of ticket and concession sales.

FO has been doing this for years.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

No, Moneyball can and has 100% worked. If we added guys who were similar caliber to Grella, Lawrence, and Murillo we would be in a good position. I could buy into a plan where they acquire a bunch of players from cheap, less scouted areas of the world and insist they can be just as good at a fraction of the price. If they insisted the CM they bought from Panama would cost $2M more if he was Argentinian then fair enough.

Moneyball still requires actually acquiring players. The Oakland A's didn't exclusively build a roster out of minor leaguers. This isn't Moneyball. This is being cheap. They're not interchangeable terms. 

Good point. Moneyball is just signing players who perform above their market value. Can be done at any level of player and league. 

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Good point. Moneyball is just signing players who perform above their market value. Can be done at any level of player and league. 

Yes, its about finding value. I have no beef with that. Problem is that we arent finding anyone. And thats the problem.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Soooo we are really not gonna sign anyone? Even with the extremely pessimistic expectations that most fans had for this off season, I don't think anyone was predicting this... 

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Soooo we are really not gonna sign anyone? Even with the extremely pessimistic expectations that most fans had for this off season, I don't think anyone was predicting this... 

Are there any credible rumors left? Has the club made actual bids for anybody?

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
🤷‍♂ at least 4 senior roster spots (maybe 5), as an educated guess. 3 intl spots and 1 DP spot

Senior Roster
1. Florian Valot
2.Casseres, Cristian
3.Davis, Sean
4. Duncan, Kyle
5.Alex Muyl
6. Jorgensen, Mathias
7. Kaku
8.Lawrence, Kemar
9.Long, Aaron
10.Meara, Ryan
11.Tim Parker
12.Daniel Royer
13. Marc Rzatkowski
14. Amro Tarek
15. Josh Sims

(15/20)

Supplemental roster/Reserve roster (10 spots)
1. Kendall Macintosh
2. Jared Stroud
3. Brian White
4. Chris Lema
5. Barlow, Tom
6. Buckmaster, Rece
7. Nealis, Sean
8. Tolkin
9. Fernandez, Omir
10. Mines, Ben

Might be one less senior spot and one more supplemental/reserve spot if Whites new contract bumped him up there.

If they sign Seagrist to the first team, White is definitely on the senior roster and Seagrist on the supplemental/reserve. Still changes nothing and leaves 4 empty roster spots.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Are there any credible rumors left? Has the club made actual bids for anybody?

No. Only bid was for Lopes in early January. Price for Cosgrove was too high.

New York Red Bulls are also looking at Cosgrove but have been put off by Aberdeens valuation.

https://www.dailyrec...st-sam-21373606

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Yes, its about finding value. I have no beef with that. Problem is that we arent finding anyone. And thats the problem.

Who's the last moneyball signing we hit on? Ivan and Keita were like the opposite of that, aka Dummyball.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
It feels like Red Bull is pulling a Chivas USA; not investing into the team and putting up tarps in the stadium. They may be trying to get MLS to buy the team back or trying to sell it off

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

They can't hide the lack of ticket and concession sales.  If ownership is really the tightwad so many are saying they are, that can't go unnoticed.

Ownership is not cheap, they just don't give a fuck about us, big difference. If they were cheap they would maximize the salary cap allowance which is paid by the league and not spend much on dp's and use the tam/gam mechanisms they receive through trades. They're not and ones in charge here are clueless by all accounts.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

It feels like Red Bull is pulling a Chivas USA; not investing into the team and putting up tarps in the stadium. They may be trying to get MLS to buy the team back or trying to sell it off

If they wanted out you figure they'd just sell. People are paying good money for an MLS franchise these days, no sense letting the whole shebang run itself into the ground and waiting for MLS to do something about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users