rainbows.

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I know you don't want to throw away points when the team is playing well, but this is one of those games that we look back at and point to at the end of the year when our team looks tired in the playoffs going "where was the rotation?"  Part of that might be more of our narrative than reality, but still. We just played a hot game at home on a Saturday night, and the team looked a bit gassed. Now they have a quick turn-around for a midweek road game, with heavy legs. Road games are hard to win anyway, all the more so when you have half of your normal rest. I'd be okay with him starting Davis, Etienne, Gulbrandsen, etc., and giving a number of the guys a night off. Yes, I understand that it looks like you are conceding defeat, but we have another road game @ Philly next Saturday.  KC is second in the west, Philly hasn't won a game all year. Let's be smart about this. 

Play the kids & subs. Give Sacha, Felipe & BWP, etc. the night off. Three points from the next 2 away is fine, and maybe you steal a draw on the road.  I have a feeling that Jesse taking BWP & Muyl out a bit early tonight was him 'resting' them a bit for Wednesday, (and a bit of giving Veron a run) but in one of these two road games we need to rotate in some fresh legs. Might as well save it for Saturday and keep the long haul in mind. I know it's being cautious, but there's still a lot of games left on the schedule.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Rotate and try the 4222 Guldrandsen ettienne Davis Veron Adams metzger Back 5

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'd like to see some rotation, but not a complete change. We are still early in the season and this is our first midweek game. We should keep our same 4-2-3-1 shape. SKC is a much tougher challenge than Philly.

I forsee a return of Zizzo. If Collin is good to go then start him. 

Spell BWP with Gulbrandsen. Pick Felipe or Adams, and replace them with Davis. You can rest one guy Wednesday, and one on next weekend. Start Etienne in this game. 

This is the type of game where you'd take a point if offered beforehand. Midweek on the road against a team in good form who is solid at home. But we shouldn't throw it away. Let's see how our team stacks up against one of the best in MLS. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Would also like to see some rotation.  Perhaps Muyl game off for Etienne.  

Stay with the 4-2-3-1.

I would suggest giving Gulbrandsen the start but I thnk BWP looks to be in good form so keep him out there. Taxi mentioned headaches so I'd prefer to give him a game off.  Murillo gets his first start.

----------BWP-----------

Royer--Sacha--Etienne

-----Felipe--Adams

Lade Long DP Murillo

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Collin has a hip flexor injury or something, Red members told me that at the golf STH event, he had a limp. Zizzo's still out, as if Grella. Seems like Murillo is ahead of Bilyeu in terms of reserve outside back. My guess at the 18, given current injuries:

--------------------------------------------Gulbrandsen--------------------------------------------

-Veron----------------------------------------Felipe-----------------------------------------Muyl-

------------------------Adams--------------------------------------Davis--------------------------

-Taxi-------------------Long-------------------------------------Perrinelle----------------Lade-

------------------------------------------------Robles-----------------------------------------------

Meara

Ndam

Murillo

Sacha

Royer

Etienne

BWP

Sacha for Felipe mid 2nd half. Etienne for Muyl. Royer for Gulbrandsen, pushing Veron up top. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
I have had a problem with Kansas ever since that investigative reporter uncovered the unethical experimentation that Lexcorp was doing with meteor rocks at their plant in Smallville. Another shameless corporation.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The Wiz has only allowed 3 goals in 8 games... not easy.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

The Sporks are tough at home: 

https://www.youtube....h?v=sFQeEMtQra8

Dwyer is in pretty good form right now. Honestly I'd be pretty happy with a draw.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Develop the 12-18 players now!!  

I think this is sorta throw away game as it is a mid-week game on short rest after an unusually hot and intense game.  If we got 1 point at full strength would be a very good result.  Save the test against a very good team away for Sept.  

----------Gulbrandsen-----------

Veron--Davis--Etienne

-----Felipe--Adams

Lade Long DP Murillo

Veron - not sure if he is 90 fit.  If not swap Royer.  

Maybe keep Felipe for this game and give him Philly off putting Davis in his place and Sacha to start.  Also, fleixble on Adams as he took a few knocks during the game.

Agree to give Taxi a rest switch Lade over and give Murillo a start.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars

For a wednesday night match we probably could probably rotate the squad around a bit due to another match this weekend, here's what i'd do, 

-------------Wright Phillips(Last year had 3-4 sub on app's scoring in none of them, so I'd give him the first 45 maybe + and sub Gulbrandsen on at the half or by min 55-60)----------

Etienne---Kljestan---Muyl

Felipe--Davis

Bilyeu(risky)---Long---DP--Murillo(both Lawrence and Lade looked sluggish after that last result, part of our problem last year wasn't rotating wing backs, plus I'm still not sold on giving Lade continuous starts for fitness reasons)

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Veron - not sure if he is 90 fit.  If not swap Royer.  
Maybe keep Felipe for this game and give him Philly off putting Davis in his place and Sacha to start.  Also, fleixble on Adams as he took a few knocks during the game.
Agree to give Taxi a rest switch Lade over and give Murillo a start.  

I say run Veron into the ground now.

Lord knows he will be riding the bench come October when the games really count.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Kinda changed my mind due to sleeping on it. Go near best XI for SKC, then put 4 reserves from the 18 in against Philly. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Kinda changed my mind due to sleeping on it. Go near best XI for SKC, then put 4 reserves from the 18 in against Philly. 

Only way to test our guys if they play the best. Our best 11 vs KC and rotate vs Philly which is a dumpster fire. Gives the guys like BWP and Sacha who we want to rotate more consecutive rest.

LONG LIVE METRO

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

So after thinking it over...

Collin/Grella/Zizzo/Taxi out for SKC:

------------------------------------------------BWP----------------------------------------------

-Royer--------------------------------------Sacha---------------------------------------Muyl-

-----------------------Adams--------------------------------------Felipe-----------------------

-Lade------------------Long-------------------------------------Perrinelle-----------Murillo-

----------------------------------------------Robles----------------------------------------------

Meara Ndam Bilyeu Veron Davis Etienne Gulbrandsen

Veron for Muyl, Davis for Sacha, Gulbrandsen for BWP.

Collin/Grella/Zizzo out for PHI:

------------------------------------------Gulbrandsen------------------------------------------

-Veron--------------------------------------Sacha---------------------------------------Muyl-

-----------------------Adams--------------------------------------Davis------------------------

-Taxi----------------Perrinelle-----------------------------------Ndam----------------Lade-

----------------------------------------------Robles----------------------------------------------

Meara Long Murillo Royer Felipe Etienne BWP

Long for Ndam at the half, Felipe for Sacha, Royer for Veron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users