105 replies to this topic

#61 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:49 PM

Yes, he's set to win another one...if that's how his team plays it. Barring any unforseen meltdowns or crashes it should be either him or his teammate Alberto Contador who wins the 2009 TDF.

Honestly, I'd rather have Lance win this year and not come back next year.

I wouldn't be as irked by him if he hadn't pretended like he was going to ride in support of Contador.

The whole Hincapie deal today was really fucked up.

In other news, it appears that Mark Cavendish is part of the Mexican National Team.

"When Cavendish saw that I was about to go past him on the right flank, he pushed me towards the barrier,” Thor Hushovd told reporters.

What an ass.
Cuz, man, have you seen the women in Liverpool? Sea scags, man.- Calexico

#62 haggis

haggis

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

Hincapie called them out in the post race interview...it was really sad. He said he didn't understand why they would do that. Hincapie has been a great rider, great teammate...it sucks.

(I think this is one of my longest most informative posts ever)

Longest post ever by you. Thanks.

This is what Lance said via Twitter:

"George is a good friend," Armstrong said. "We wanted him to have the jersey -- it would have been great for him."
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#63 franknstein

franknstein

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:56 AM

Well, wasn't that something?
Cuz, man, have you seen the women in Liverpool? Sea scags, man.- Calexico

#64 We Need Ngwenya

We Need Ngwenya

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, LARS, US Nats

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

I don't think that George missing the yellow is Astana's fault. Like they mentioned the next day on the telecast, there was a stage in 2002 when Johaan and Lance let the breakaway get 35 mins on the peleton, giving them a headache to catch back up. It's not like Astana was putting down the hammer. They were just keeping the breakaway contained. And despite what actually happened, I believe that Lance truly did want George in yellow. He's a giant prick if he didn't.

Johaan's interview after the fact is a load of bs. He is just making crap up and saying what they want to hear.

The real question is why the fuck did Garmin push the pace with 15k to go through the final 5k? Also, Matt White's strategy regarding the leadout for Mike Cavendish might have been flawed. I see these as the two greatest sources for error in the tactics that led to George out of yellow.

As Lance said in his interview, "It's like losing a time trial by .5 seconds and then looking over the whole stage to see where you lost the half second." No one's gonna know for sure.

It's a shame that George couldn't get yellow, don't get me wrong. I just don't think that Astana should be held to blame.

Glad that Contador is in yellow, but was somewhat disapointed that Lance wasn't there instead. Oh well. As long as Astana has yellow and Lance gets on the podium, its a victory in my book.

Rest day today. This tour is long from over. Excited to see how it plays out.
"I love Chris Klein...he's going to Heaven" - ZC

#65 bardgal

bardgal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

fuck you - stagnant -

On Big G not in yellow (I am so beyond sad) - no defense, just the facts, and I watched the whole stage - more than once - because I love seeing FRANCE IN HIGH DEF (and it's my CRACKTV so shut up) and I like the small differences in the Prime Time telecast of Craig & Bobke yet love Paul & Phil commentating in the morning.

Astana controls peloton for 85% of the stage, Big G has 8'50" lead (that's his 5'25" back from lead + 3'25" IN YELLOW as buffer.) [At one point the computer fucks up and shows a lead of 12 minutes but is corrected.]

AG2R comes to front and pulls it down to 7 minutes, then has no legs left, Astana returns to front and Big G's lead begins to go up again.

Garmin puts three guys up front and tries to shut it all down in last 10k. Matt White even says this. His "loyalty is to his team and to his sponsors", he "doesn't care what everyone else is saying about George losing the jersey, it's a BIKE RACE."

And as sad as I was that Big G wasn't in yellow, and as big a douche as Matt White seemed to be, he's right. He's got Bradley Wiggens and Christian Vandevelde to worry about. I don't like what he did, but I can fault him for it.

All in all it was the shittiest day for Columbia - Big G misses out on Yellow by 5 seconds, Tony Martin not only loses the White Jersey, but Cav gets relegated to the back losing more Green jersey points.

Going forward, it will be interesting to see if Contador can keep his lead with Andy Schleck attacking him every step of the way. I know 1'37" seems insurmountable at this point, but I can't write off Lance just yet - not with four more days in the Alps. He's not going to attack Alberto, but if Andy cracks Contador, Lance will go. Contador has only ever attacked on the first day in the mountains... so we'll see - it's going to be a beast of a week.
Zidane, veuillez venir le jeu pour la Galaxy!

Ná glac pioc comhairle gan comhairle ban.

I'll trying being nicer, if you try being smarter.

#66 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Supports:The guy from Illinois

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

fuck you - stagnant -

On Big G not in yellow (I am so beyond sad) - no defense, just the facts, and I watched the whole stage - more than once - because I love seeing FRANCE IN HIGH DEF (and it's my CRACKTV so shut up) and I like the small differences in the Prime Time telecast of Craig & Bobke yet love Paul & Phil commentating in the morning.

Astana controls peloton for 85% of the stage, Big G has 8'50" lead (that's his 5'25" back from lead + 3'25" IN YELLOW as buffer.) [At one point the computer fucks up and shows a lead of 12 minutes but is corrected.]

AG2R comes to front and pulls it down to 7 minutes, then has no legs left, Astana returns to front and Big G's lead begins to go up again.

Garmin puts three guys up front and tries to shut it all down in last 10k. Matt White even says this. His "loyalty is to his team and to his sponsors", he "doesn't care what everyone else is saying about George losing the jersey, it's a BIKE RACE."

And as sad as I was that Big G wasn't in yellow, and as big a douche as Matt White seemed to be, he's right. He's got Bradley Wiggens and Christian Vandevelde to worry about. I don't like what he did, but I can fault him for it.

All in all it was the shittiest day for Columbia - Big G misses out on Yellow by 5 seconds, Tony Martin not only loses the White Jersey, but Cav gets relegated to the back losing more Green jersey points.

Going forward, it will be interesting to see if Contador can keep his lead with Andy Schleck attacking him every step of the way. I know 1'37" seems insurmountable at this point, but I can't write off Lance just yet - not with four more days in the Alps. He's not going to attack Alberto, but if Andy cracks Contador, Lance will go. Contador has only ever attacked on the first day in the mountains... so we'll see - it's going to be a beast of a week.

Yeah, this is my first year with HD and it's rad.

Wiggins & Vandevelde hah! not a chance they see the podium in paris.
Garmin & Astana still suck...I'm done with them. (I think Alberto is too after this year)

I'm all for the Schleck brothers sticking it to Astana, I don't think they can, but I'm all for it. I'm rooting for Andy all the way.
'There's sublime pleasure in displeasure'

#67 bardgal

bardgal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, this is my first year with HD and it's rad.

Wiggins & Vandevelde hah! not a chance they see the podium in paris.
Garmin & Astana still suck...I'm done with them. (I think Alberto is too after this year)

I'm all for the Schleck brothers sticking it to Astana, I don't think they can, but I'm all for it. I'm rooting for Andy all the way.

Doesn't the HD ROCK???? Seriously!

Wiggins is in 3rd - so right now he's on the podium - Vandevelde is 3'59" back - that isn't far when they're all climbers. I don't see them on the podium - I honestly hope Klöden is #3.

Did you watch the stage Saturday? Did you see whiny Alberto go back and have a tantrum at Bruyneel in the team car, and Bruyneel try to calm him down when they were letting Big G get his 3+ min lead? What a douche that kid is, even though he's a crazy good bike rider - he's super El Douché.

Here's my take on some of the machinations on the douchery that happened to Big G:

Interesting Factoids:

- Garmin were in talks to sign Contadouche when Astana had trouble getting funds right before the start of Le Tour.

- Lance & Bruyneel are in talks with Nike to start a Nike-Livestrong bike team in 2010. (Get Big G back!!!!)

Given those two things, I think Albetrodouche - who only has loyalty to himself (and that will one day bite him in the ass) - after taking his grievances to Bruyneel and not getting a satisfactory answer (most likely seeing Columbia being a huge threat with Big G in yellow, because Hincapie took that brilliant Tour stage win in 2005 at the top of Pla d'Adet, which also put him in Yellow. That was one of the biggest mountains that year, and George can climb and set a blistering pace.) Alberto probably went to someone on Team GARMIN and said - "shut this down and I sign at the end of the season."

There is no way Lance didn't want to see George in Yellow heading into the Alps. He was the happiest guy ever when George won Pla d'Adet - and then Lance was 5'3" back, tied with Ivan Basso for 6th. That was stage 15 - almost the same point we are at now.

EDIT: Oh, and I think Andy can totally make Contador's life a living hell.

Astana is back in the team lead now, btw.

EDIT: L'Equipe thinks Wiggins has a chance to be on the podium in Paris.

#68 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:07 AM

Posted Image

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#69 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

Contador wears the Yellow Jersey for 2nd straigth day. Lance is 1 minute and 37 seconds behind his teammate.

Do you think Lance's quest for an eighth title is over?
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

#70 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

Contador wears the Yellow Jersey for 2nd straigth day. Lance is 1 minute and 37 seconds behind his teammate.

Do you think Lance's quest for an eighth title is over?

Yes, I think he will be back next year to try for his eighth...without Alberto VO5

I had to leave for work while Andy Schleck was trying to shake Alberto...it's a shame it isn't going to happen. I'll bet he's up on the podium in paris. Are there any buck-toothed girls in Luxembourg?

Umm, what else...an Astana truck was stopped at the French border and thoroughly searched (3 hrs). Where's the EPO at?

OK, now let's play who will get busted this year for dirty pee!?!

#71 Universal_Re-Monster

Universal_Re-Monster

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
  • Interests:the number three
  • Supports:la galaxy, B&G FC

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

Are there any buck-toothed girls in Luxembourg?

stop gaying this up.
S A T A N

#72 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

stop gaying this up.

What are you talking about? If I was referencing Crom or 400 Blows then you could say that.

#73 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:45 PM

OK, now let's play who will get busted this year for dirty pee!?!

Check and see if anyone called Manny for his supply of Gonal F.

Hey, Kool Aid!

#74 bardgal

bardgal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

Yes, I think he will be back next year to try for his eighth...without Alberto VO5

I had to leave for work while Andy Schleck was trying to shake Alberto...it's a shame it isn't going to happen. I'll bet he's up on the podium in paris.

Watch the repeat when you get home tonight. You missed the big drama. Lance countered ALONE, and came back up to Contador, Wiggens, Klöden, and Andy when he saw Evans and Sastre didn't have it in them to keep up. Lance thinned the herd with hardly any effort! Vandevelde tried to come with but was struggling to do it. Lance not going was just a ploy to see who else had the legs. He's got so much in the tank still and he's caused most of the GC and the press to write the "old man" off.... big mistake.

Lance & Klöden are only playing cards they have to.

This is far from over. Lance was way farther back than this in 2005, and still won the tour. Will he win this year? Who knows. But underestimating him at this point is, I think, exactly what he wants.

Bad news for Jens Voight - nasty crash on the last decent, and he's in the hospital.

#75 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

Watch the repeat when you get home tonight. You missed the big drama. Lance countered ALONE, and came back up to Contador, Wiggens, Klöden, and Andy when he saw Evans and Sastre didn't have it in them to keep up. Lance thinned the herd with hardly any effort! Vandevelde tried to come with but was struggling to do it. Lance not going was just a ploy to see who else had the legs. He's got so much in the tank still and he's caused most of the GC and the press to write the "old man" off.... big mistake.

Lance & Klöden are only playing cards they have to.

This is far from over. Lance was way farther back than this in 2005, and still won the tour. Will he win this year? Who knows. But underestimating him at this point is, I think, exactly what he wants.

Bad news for Jens Voight - nasty crash on the last decent, and he's in the hospital.

I did see Lance close the gap alone...crazy. I left when they were going over the top.

I read about Jens,that footage looks bad, real bad.

Tomorrow should be another exciting day...if they don't 'gay it up'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users