• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Will his head get turned like Adams? I thought Adams was mediocre down the stretch after it came out that he had one foot out the door to Leipzig.

I don't think it was that at all!  I think Adams got tired.  Champions League, long MLS regular season, regular call-ups to the USMNT, a full 90 on the Wednesday before leg 1 at Atlanta (not his fault)...all of this may have caught up to him.  I personally don't think that he lost focus.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

I don't think it was that at all!  I think Adams got tired.  Champions League, long MLS regular season, regular call-ups to the USMNT, a full 90 on the Wednesday before leg 1 at Atlanta (not his fault)...all of this may have caught up to him.  I personally don't think that he lost focus.

Dont feed the troll

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

It very likely could be that too, but his play definitely took a dip near the end.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Geez losing Long now would be a huge blow... They've got to hold on one more season to this backline this could and should be the year
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Geez losing Long now would be a huge blow... They've got to hold on one more season to this backline this could and should be the year

the window for long to go to europe is closing. if we were to move him it would have to be this year. its a big risk for him but i think he has the tools to play at some of the top leagues. timing is not ideal for RBNY since we do not have a replacement. it will be key for rbny to find his back up. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

I'd love to keep Long around but there is def a magic number out there that would be too good to refuse. 

We had the best backline MLS has ever seen last season, but it wasn't enough to win a cup.  Teams with mediocre/average backlines seem to be able to win cups. So, whatever? 

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

https://www.newyorkr...8?autoplay=true

I went back and watched his post season interview and he talks about Europe at 4 min mark.

Says he would want to go "if the opportunity was right, everyone wants to see how they would fare up against other players in europe but the opportunity would have to be right but I'm not against it for sure."

He did end the interview saying, see you next year!

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

I'd love to keep Long around but there is def a magic number out there that would be too good to refuse. 

We had the best backline MLS has ever seen last season, but it wasn't enough to win a cup.  Teams with mediocre/average backlines seem to be able to win cups. So, whatever? 

I wouldnt consider Atlantas backline mediocre nor average. Their dudes showed up. We didnt and injured to top it off... we got it lade on top of us.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

just judging from my POV, teams, despite being avg, when they create chances and finish them, are able to win cups. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users