Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

what's crazy is that our salaries for last yr puts at 14th, but for this season, on Transfermarkt, team market value has us square in the upper 3rd with ATL TFC LAG POR LAFC & NYCFC ahead of us, with ORL CHI and SEA just after us.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

what's crazy is that our salaries for last yr puts at 14th, but for this season, on Transfermarkt, team market value has us square in the upper 3rd with ATL TFC LAG POR LAFC & NYCFC ahead of us, with ORL CHI and SEA just after us.

The addition of Kaku must be the difference. 

The Adams transfer value on there of 800K Euros is absolutely hilarious. Should be 10 times that. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I'm assuming the Kaku transfer fee went straight to our bottom line as one lump sum this year, hence the significant jump. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

in terms of Total Market Value (values for all players on roster added up) for a player's "worth", Kaku's valued at 4m EUR. When he first got here, he was at 3.5m EUR. prior to his acquisition and Rza's, we were near the bottom 3rd in terms of Total Market Value. so even though typically, we're nowhere near the top in terms of salaries, the total worth of the entire 1st team roster indicates we are getting a lot out of the players. in contrast, there are teams, like ORL for instance, who spend a lot in player salaries, Total Market Value is just north of the middle, but have never been in the playoffs or something. 

thread split in 3...2...1...

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm assuming the Kaku transfer fee went straight to our bottom line as one lump sum this year, hence the significant jump. 

Struggle to understand how we paid $6M and they value him at under $5M, but hey....

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

any transfer out of argentina has a 25% tax on it. so if we paid $5m, the 25% tax add on takes it to $6.25m, which is the figure they mention on the telecast this season, but forgot which game. so Ezekiel Barco at ATL was brought over for $18m in total, so the original fee, pre tax add on, must've been around $14.5m. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users