36 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

We play Scum and Hartford 3 times... twice on the road. We play no other team 3 times.

Lame.

Makes sense for it to be those two, if anyone... and they alternate the 2-of-3 at home each year, correct?   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Looked at my calendar wrong, Elias night is February 24th but the Devils still play March 24th...... And there are always a decent amount of people I see at both games when they play when the times are different. I went to the devils home opener at 2pm and ran over to RBA for the Vancouver game right after this year. I do think it's stupid they play at the same times when there is a crossover between the between the two fan bases.

I don't think it really matters. It's March. Devils game conflicts or not, MLS attendance sucks in the northern cities early in the season.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I don't think it really matters. It's March. Devils game conflicts or not, MLS attendance sucks in the northern cities early in the season.

Boy you guys are quick before I can edit my terrible posts haha.... Yeah I'm just saying I know quite a few people who won't be at the game on March 24th cause of it, including myself. It is what it is and I'm just thankful that my tickets are easy to sell for what I paid for them.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Boy you guys are quick before I can edit my terrible posts haha.... Yeah I'm just saying I know quite a few people who won't be at the game on March 24th cause of it, including myself. It is what it is and I'm just thankful that my tickets are easy to sell for what I paid for them.

really????   Let me know your secret.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

At least all the spring home games are afternoon, not at night.  Won't likely help attendance but will make it nicer for those of us who do go.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Red Bulls and the Devils having home games on the same day is something I think both want to avoid because of the parking situation in Newark. But if they do it would make sense for one to start like an hour or two after the first ended and for both teams to offer a discount if you show your ticket for the other game. Even if both teams only got an extra 200 people or so that's still found money so why not do it?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

really????   Let me know your secret.

Mine are in 101, I'm sure I'd have a hard time otherwise lol

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

and one of the games vs Hartford is a Wednesday night game.....ugh. We had like 2 Wed games the whole year, and one of them has to be a game vs the smurfs.

Sucks that the DC game at their new stadium on July 25th is a Wednesday too, I wanted to make a weekend trip out of it. At least the September 16th game there is a Sunday, might try then.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We had two home games against both last year so it was always going to flip the other way this year. It's unfortunate that they aren't staggered so that we always have 3 home 3 away in the rivalry games.

Nope. We had Philly twice on the road 2 years in a row. They could have managed it differently...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

https://matchcenter.... York Red Bulls

The MF schedule is much more attractive:
http://www.metrofana...am/schedule.jsp

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Only one weekday home match ... 12 Saturday and 4 Sunday.

Wish the 4 SUNs were SATs as well.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Highlights:
* Only 3 Wednesday games, 1 home, 2 local
* End the season at home
* vs. Gio and Petke to start the season
* 3 games vs Scum and NYCFC, 2 vs rest of East, 1 vs. West teams (will be interested to see how this looks with addition of 2 more teams to the league. Figure one new team will just get rid of the 3 vs. DC and NYCFC but 2 makes things interesting if they keep the same number of games per season).
* 22 Saturday games is freaking awesome.
* Up to 5 games without World Cup players sucks.
* End of season from mid August on, is kind to us and keeps us local.
At NYCFC, home, at Montreal, at DC, home, home, at SJ (but then 2 weeks off), at Philly, home
* Only 5 away games vs Western Conference teams. Other 7 are at RBA.
* Only 3 West coast trips after April (May 12 in Colorado, Vancouver in August, and SJ in October).
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Only one weekday home match  12 Saturday and 4 Sunday. 

Very happy as a STH. I remember they had a survey asking about what time we preferred games to be, I wonder if they took that into account.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The week where we play NYC in the Bronx and DC at home in four days should be a fun one.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Highlights:

* 22 Saturday games is freaking awesome.

God damn finally some home Saturday games... ESPN/Fox going with a Sunday heavy schedule the last few years has been brutal for us, say what you will about no longer being a top TV draw but I'm happy to actually be able to make a full day/night out of home games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users