39 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Not that coaching is the only factor here, but when's the last time Jason Kreis actually did well as a coach?  Early 2010s at RSL?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Team is so so so mentally S-A-W-F-T

Havent showed up in a big moment top to bottom in I dont know how long

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
This is a disgrace.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

they need to pick the best team. He was never really in consideration. You dont bring a kid who hasnt been in any camps or played any majors concacaf competition to this type of tournament. He could still play olympics but in a normal year he is in a u-20 pool not the u-23 hes not even 18 yet

That attack could have used someone like clarke. Kreis should get fired.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Team is so so so mentally S-A-W-F-T

Havent showed up in a big moment top to bottom in I dont know how long

You know who agrees with you? Jason Kreis. "We have players that are not moving ... we have guys that look like they just do not really want the ball ... I just think at the end of the day it just was not quite there from a confidence point of view."

You know, the guy responsible for picking the players and setting their mentality.  Fucker.

https://twitter.com/...354188603629569

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

That attack could have used someone like clarke. Kreis should get fired.

Boy, I hope that Clark is as good as people on here say he is.  The kid's not even 18, has been a pro for about a year, and has all of 7 appearances in MLS.  He has scored a couple of nice goals, but I'm not sure how much he would have helped the U23s (who are really U24s now).

I think leaving Ebobisse off the team was more questionable than leaving Clark off.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

The lack of heart of the U23 national team is appalling. They shouldn't even fly home. They should fly to Mexico City go to the US Embassy and renounce their US Citizenships. I could tell by their lack of heart for our country by only one player singing the national anthem before the match. They arent even proud to be americans.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts

Boy, I hope that Clark is as good as people on here say he is.  The kid's not even 18, has been a pro for about a year, and has all of 7 appearances in MLS.  He has scored a couple of nice goals, but I'm not sure how much he would have helped the U23s (who are really U24s now).

I think leaving Ebobisse off the team was more questionable than leaving Clark off.

Both should have been on the team. There are guys that made the team who haven't done anything for their club team. Clark at 17-18 already accomplished more than many of those guys. Who cares if he is young. If he is good enough than he should play. It's a dumb mentality.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Both should have been on the team. There are guys that made the team who haven't done anything for their club team. Clark at 17-18 already accomplished more than many of those guys. Who cares if he is young. If he is good enough than he should play. It's a dumb mentality.

Yes, if he's good enough his age doesn't matter.  No argument there.

But is he good enough?  Two nice goals and a few decent passes, and not much else, in 7 total MLS appearances isn't a whole lot to go on.

And I'm not down on Clark.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him play this year.  But to me he's still all potential, and not every kid with potential makes it.

Maybe Kreis should have brought Clark into camp for a look.  But he was probably counting on Llanez to be the 10, and then Llanez got hurt.  In hindsight, the team didn't really click offensively, though.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Shitty that Atlanta didn't release players from preseason for national team qualifying...  

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

The lack of heart of the U23 national team is appalling. They shouldn't even fly home. They should fly to Mexico City go to the US Embassy and renounce their US Citizenships. I could tell by their lack of heart for our country by only one player singing the national anthem before the match. They arent even proud to be americans.

Your predictable rants about "lack of heart" were annoying even before they included a nationalist angle. Get a grip, dude. The team sucked and played uninspired. Plain and simple. Spare us the garbage about them not being patriots. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

They lost cuz Kreis selected a team of complementary players, thinking that anyone of the guys would step up and be the "game changer". 

We've seen that fucking story before, but at the club level. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

They lost cuz Kreis selected a team of complementary players, thinking that anyone of the guys would step up and be the "game changer". 

I think the issue was that there did not seem to be any game changers available to Kreis for selection.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Nah, I think Ralf-y is saying in his experience of American players is that they are good teammates and learners - aren't divas. 

Hes saying thats what they lack to get to the next level

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I think the issue was that there did not seem to be any game changers available to Kreis for selection.  

Clark and Duncan would have helped...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users