JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Scum secret lineup... "Unsigned Player 1"

"Player To Be Named Later"

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So is playing 3 preseason games enough to get ready for the season?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

https://twitter.com/...960030384664576

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Tarek starting is not a good thing... Hopefully that's not a long term plan. Have to figure Yearwood is banged up because he's a guaranteed starter.

From the few interviews I've read and seem, the players seem to be buying into Struber in a big way. Davis even compared him to Jesse and if Struber is that good, we will make playoffs.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Gutman looked like an upgrade at LB, and Harper's first touch and quality on the ball were promising. Wish we could've seen Fabio in attacking situations, but the team had very little going forward. Clark in the #10 spot may be asking too much from him.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

Gutman looked like an upgrade at LB, and Harper's first touch and quality on the ball were promising. Wish we could've seen Fabio in attacking situations, but the team had very little going forward. Clark in the #10 spot may be asking too much from him.

How did Coronel look?

Clear #1? An upgrade? Unnecessary addition?

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

from the radio broadcast, the names most heard were Gutman, Harper and Diarra.  Harmon was complimentary of Gutman throughout.  Pendant was our weakest link so I'm really hoping that Gutman can stick.

This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Fishkin said pretty much everything good attacking wise came from the wide areas. Seeing as we were playing a skinny diamond with 4 CMs thats not a good thing. You want the WBs to get up and down to play crosses in but there is supposed to be a lot of connectivity and interplay through the middle in this system.

Without being able to see the match its hard to say where the issues there were, but weve seen enough of Davis and CCJ to where it needs to start clicking. If they need to put Harper, Diarra, Yearwood, and/or Amaya in there to improve that there should be no hesitation.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Coronel had a good double save, looked athletic and confident playing with the ball. I liked Diarra also, he had that Red Bull "move the ball upfield" instinct.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Maybe the splitting time between Long and Reyes is anticipation of Long being gone this summer/nats duty. The partnership will have to be Reyes/Tarek so maybe seeing what the drop off is from Long to Reyes is....  

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

So is playing 3 preseason games enough to get ready for the season?

wouldn't be enough even if we actually had three with all the projected starters playing together.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

wouldn't be enough even if we actually had three with all the projected starters playing together.

How many preseason games have other teams had? Did Miami have any? 

Not ideal, but at least its a level playing field, maybe?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts

I hope the secrecy was worth it.

(It wasn't.)

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users