Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

I smell...

COWronavirus.

Winner

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Zelarayan just scored a banger of a free kick. Gotta watch that fucker when we play them. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Cincy may as well sign future Mayor of Cincinnati Chad Johnson because he'd be better than just about any of the guys on their current roster.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We might lose to Columbus.  But I'm not any more worried after tonight, Cincy is terrible.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

4 goals given up in less than an hour. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Start Brian White in this one 

Edit - didn't see that he didn't even make the bench in last game. Still wish we could have a forward upgrade, one position we were really lacking against ATL. 

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls
We cant judge Columbus off of playing Cincinnati.

We know that no team likes the press. If our finishing gets more clinical this should be a good result.

Id like to see White and Parker return to starting 11.

Id also like to see Sean Davis contribute something as well.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

We cant judge Columbus off of playing Cincinnati.

We know that no team likes the press. If our finishing gets more clinical this should be a good result.

Id like to see White and Parker return to starting 11.

Id also like to see Sean Davis contribute something as well.

Contribute like Parker who had 4 mistakes in 10 minutes off the bench?
White for sure

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Contribute like Parker who had 4 mistakes in 10 minutes off the bench?
White for sure

Parker is certainly not ready to contribute yet. Perhaps he missed a lot in training camp or whatever the reason may be, but with the way he played yesterday I would prefer Nealis. Hopefully he will get in better game shape as tournament goes along. 

On White though, I honestly do not want to see this guy play. At least Barlow runs and gives energy and can win occasional header. Heck even yesterday he was smart enough to pass to Kaku prior to his brilliant assist. Playing with White is almost like playing a man down. Not contributing to possessions or winning the ball, or assisting. Just standing hoping ball bounces his way or running for a cross. Not surprised he did not make the roster, though I do want a better option than Barlow. Maybe Scandinavian fellow improved? If not perhaps Omir should get a chance or Muyl. Yesterday Alex actually was somewhat dangerous with a good pass to Valot and a SOG.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Parker is certainly not ready to contribute yet. Perhaps he missed a lot in training camp or whatever the reason may be, but with the way he played yesterday I would prefer Nealis. Hopefully he will get in better game shape as tournament goes along. 

On White though, I honestly do not want to see this guy play. At least Barlow runs and gives energy and can win occasional header. Heck even yesterday he was smart enough to pass to Kaku prior to his brilliant assist. Playing with White is almost like playing a man down. Not contributing to possessions or winning the ball, or assisting. Just standing hoping ball bounces his way or running for a cross. Not surprised he did not make the roster, though I do want a better option than Barlow. Maybe Scandinavian fellow improved? If not perhaps Omir should get a chance or Muyl. Yesterday Alex actually was somewhat dangerous with a good pass to Valot and a SOG.

That is pretty harsh for a guy who bagged ~10 goals for us last season. I understand he had an unsustainable conversion rate and I have no illusions that he is anything more than a solid bench option on a team with serious title aspirations (we absolutely need an impact forward), but I dont think its fair to say he equates to playing a man down and should never see the pitch.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Id like to see a good amount of rotation and trying to give some of the fringe guys a shot to earn more minutes.

Jørgensen and White up top, give Valot a blow after playing 90 and sub Fernandez for him. CCJ and Lema at CM, maybe Egbo at RB.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

That is pretty harsh for a guy who bagged ~10 goals for us last season. I understand he had an unsustainable conversion rate and I have no illusions that he is anything more than a solid bench option on a team with serious title aspirations (we absolutely need an impact forward), but I dont think its fair to say he equates to playing a man down and should never see the pitch.

He was very opportunistic, I will give it to him, and yes I exaggerated when I said we are almost a man down. What I mean was that  with him on the pitch it is very hard for our midfield to maintain constant possession as he provides very little contribution in building possession or keeping the ball. He is far from a solid option off the bench. He is not creating free kicks, corners, not able to pass, maintain possession, or beat his man even occasionally. He overachieved last season when he got the ball in good spot to finish, but generally speaking, he should not be in the League. I hope he improved from what I have seen before, as he is relatively young, but he deserves harsh criticism that he gets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users