49 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

https://twitter.com/...211414232653824

embrace the NJ aspect, directly engage with customers to get repeat business and cross promote with Ironbound and supporters groups   

Reference North/Central Jersey has 4 million people which is greater than other markets - Minn, Denver, Charlotte

(he didn't mention how to market strategy your way to better access via car but hey cross promote with parking in Ironbound helps with parking/access issues.  I guess off ramp from Rt 280 is a different thread....)

Me - I think the biggest barrier is CAR ACCESS and Engagement.

He likes Ninja as a jersey reveal model as the guy has mad followers

We need this guy

Ice to the Eskimos: How to Market a Product Nobody Wants Jon Spoelstra  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Hey! STH referral rewards was my idea!
(Wonder if it worked.)

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

https://twitter.com/...211414232653824

embrace the NJ aspect, directly engage with customers to get repeat business and cross promote with Ironbound and supporters groups   

Reference North/Central Jersey has 4 million people which is greater than other markets - Minn, Denver, Charlotte

(he didn't mention how to market strategy your way to better access via car but hey cross promote with parking in Ironbound helps with parking/access issues.  I guess off ramp from Rt 280 is a different thread....)

Me - I think the biggest barrier is CAR ACCESS and Engagement.

He likes Ninja as a jersey reveal model as the guy has mad followers

We need this guy

Ice to the Eskimos: How to Market a Product Nobody Wants Jon Spoelstra  

The best parts are always in the comments:  @Metro96 re:need to keep the NYC alignment for bigger RB interests, MIchael Chiara noting this is at Penn Station, not TImes Square, wisely targeting the bridge and tunnel crowd instead of tourists.  All the "Focus on NJ pride" ignores the history of the Devils and Nets, and fact that we struggled with attendance before NYCFC existed (a big reason why NYCFC exists).   

As someone who  was born, raised, educated, married, vacation homed, etc. etc. in NJ and a proud ambassador for the state, often called upon professionally to sell the place to transferring job recruits, I've never thought our connection to NYC to be anything but positive.    NJ is where you live, NYC is where you work and play.     I've never known anyone to get worked up about NYC being some sort of natural rival, other than this fake NYCFC stuff forced on us.    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Get a god damn bus from certain points in BK / queens / Manhattan so its not a fucking disaster getting to and from stadium.

Every single time i bring someone we have a blast but they don't like coming again cause its a joke how long it takes.

thats my 2 cents

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Many of his proposals regarding focusing on New Jersey show a lack of familiarity with the North Jersey sports fan mentality and the composition of the demographic he recommends targeting. No person not intimately familiar with how North Jersey natives, New York natives and Hudson County Yuppie bros relate to their sports teams and the area where they live will be able to understand the flaws in some of what he proposes. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

You put up an ad in Times Square as a statement of intent. It's not an actual marketing tool -- look how many ads are there, it's so easy to get lost in the noise. It's a prestige, look-at-us-we're-here thing. Note that both NYCFC and the Cosmos have done it, too, for that exact reason. Not even the bridge and tunnel crowd goes to Times Square. But it is probably the most famous set of billboards in the world.

But implied in the "statement of intent" means there has to be more on the way.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

The ad was on the corner of 7th Avenue and 33rd Street, directly in front of Penn Station, which has 650,000 users a day, a couple hundred thousand of which see RBA out the window of their train every day.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

The best parts are always in the comments:  @Metro96 re:need to keep the NYC alignment for bigger RB interests, MIchael Chiara noting this is at Penn Station, not TImes Square, wisely targeting the bridge and tunnel crowd instead of tourists.  All the "Focus on NJ pride" ignores the history of the Devils and Nets, and fact that we struggled with attendance before NYCFC existed (a big reason why NYCFC exists).   

As someone who  was born, raised, educated, married, vacation homed, etc. etc. in NJ and a proud ambassador for the state, often called upon professionally to sell the place to transferring job recruits, I've never thought our connection to NYC to be anything but positive.    NJ is where you live, NYC is where you work and play.     I've never known anyone to get worked up about NYC being some sort of natural rival, other than this fake NYCFC stuff forced on us.    

Agreed with most everything you said. The one thing I will point out is that Devils Rangers is a pretty good rivalry (Islanders Rangers probably even more so). So, while I agree that our "rivalry" with NYCFC was fake and forced from inception, there is potential there for a natural rivalry between local clubs. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

The ad was on the corner of 7th Avenue and 33rd Street, directly in front of Penn Station, which has 650,000 users a day, a couple hundred thousand of which see RBA out the window of their train every day.

They should have included a note - You may have seen this spaceship out the PATH window - come visit!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

a couple hundred thousand ... see RBA out the window of their train every day.

How many know that, though?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I was outside MSG/Penn Station yesterday afternoon. On the big electronic billboard, Red Bulls season start advertisement was rotating.

I just wanted to pass this information along.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

I like this: https://twitter.com/...576929743769600

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

I like this: https://twitter.com/...576929743769600

Nice to see this kinda stuff. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

https://twitter.com/...576929743769600[/url]

Cheaper than buying ad space on NJ Transit.

nymetrofan90

nymetrofan90

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

We actually doing something? Finally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users