59 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,753 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I once had a boss who literally made part of our bonus dependent on how well we rated him as a boss.

So, Best Boss Ever!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

zeelimit

zeelimit

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

I am one of the remaining less than 200 who have been season ticket holders since 1996. I have given it a great deal of thought and am not going to renew. It is not one thing. But the price increase, on top of all the other crap,  is the deal breaker for me. I was already pissed this season when they went to mobile ticketing, making it more difficult to sell tickets you can't use. How much did those little season ticket  electronic cards cost them to make?

I could always justify buying the season ticket because we got so many free games included. But now there is too big a disparity between the cost of buying a ticket on the spot market and the face price.

It also pisses me off that they are again offering free Open Cup tickets but only if the game is played at RBA. Of course, the semis and finals are excluded. That means all early round games (except if the Blue Team is the opponent) will be played at MSU. I don't like dealing with people and companies that play games. They could just have easily not included this phony benefit in the package.

I will still go to as many games as I can. I will just be buying tickets from one of you.

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,377 posts
  • Supports:New York

I once had a boss who literally made part of our bonus dependent on how well we rated him as a boss.

Not everyone has the flexibility, but thats an awfully good reminder to quit and put that feedback in your exit interview. Eff that guy. Jesus.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,753 posts

thats an awfully good reminder to quit and put that feedback in your exit interview. Eff that guy.

Here is where you and I differ.
We are all playing the same game: Work.
However, it is a judged, not a scored, sport.
There are style points and subjective measures.
Not that I was not always banging heads with bosses.
I just knew that ass-kissing was a large part of any bureaucracy where I worked. And there were several.
My F-in-L told me that the best way to succeed was to Keep Your Boss Happy. The best and brightest are not always the most promoted and rewarded. I have seen this repeated time and again.
You do not have to like the game, or play it.
But do not deny that it exists, and is often the only game.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,110 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Not everyone has the flexibility, but thats an awfully good reminder to quit and put that feedback in your exit interview. Eff that guy. Jesus.

I did

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,110 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Here is where you and I differ.
We are all playing the same game: Work.
However, it is a judged, not a scored, sport.
There are style points and subjective measures.
Not that I was not always banging heads with bosses.
I just knew that ass-kissing was a large part of any bureaucracy where I worked. And there were several.
My F-in-L told me that the best way to succeed was to Keep Your Boss Happy. The best and brightest are not always the most promoted and rewarded. I have seen this repeated time and again.
You do not have to like the game, or play it.
But do not deny that it exists, and is often the only game.

All true, but I've also learned working for idiots doesn't get you far.   If your'e going to suck up, and you should, suck up to smart people.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,753 posts

working for idiots doesn't get you far.   If your'e going to suck up, and you should, suck up to smart people.

I disagree. Plenty of bosses are idiots.
Intelligence is not always a prerequisite in business.
Fools can wind up as the boss, for a variety of reasons.
Luck, nepotism, cronyism, seniority, bribery, etc.
Staying on the good side helps, whether smart or dumb.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Got my renewal info in the mail today, AWESOME timing by the organization as usual. Leaning towards not renewing because the ticketing is a giant pain in the ass, I can easily get a face ticket for any game and they skunked everyone on the USOC tickets (and I didn't read the stuff yet but if they highlight free USOC tickets as a perk I'm done because they are completely lying as unless it's a semi or a final a USOC is never going to be held at RBA ever again). Not to mention the Austrian overlords don't give a shit about winning and refuse to spend money to bring in non garbage players.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

sweetman

sweetman

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Supports:RedBull NY, Arsenal
Has anyone actually filled out the non-renewal form? Im assuming this will start an avalanche of please come back calls. Im on the fence, leaning no, but kind of wondering if I should wait until the last minute just to minimize the annoyance.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,753 posts

Has anyone actually filled out the non-renewal form?

My credit card number on file is no longer valid.
Wonder how they will handle it.
The MdG letter was horrible.
Someone should paste it here for all to see.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I'm letting it renew, still one of the best deals in this area sports wise.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,290 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I never agreed to the auto renew shit last year, so I wasn't eligible for auto renew this year. Agree that if you go to most of the games it's still a good deal, but the fact that freebies have been continuously removed (summer friendlies, USOC at Montclair) definitely leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

sweetman

sweetman

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

My credit card number on file is no longer valid.
Wonder how they will handle it.
The MdG letter was horrible.
Someone should paste it here for all to see.

sweetman

sweetman

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I was kind of wondering that myself. I did reread the contract, from my reading they could probably cancel the rest of this season on you, and sue or send you to collections for next season.

For sure, if you dont pay, youre not getting tickets next year, but my guess is that they wouldnt go too punitive, with collections or cancelling games youve actually paid for. They dont want bad press, I would hope.

Last year I was always intending to renew, but was busy, and probably missed like more than a dozen or two calls from my rep before I actually renewed. I think they really are just trying to cut down on that effort with the auto-renew, so they can focus their spam calling on people actually intending to leave.

sweetman

sweetman

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I'm letting it renew, still one of the best deals in this area sports wise.

Yes and no. If you go to all the games, and have cheaper seats, sure. Ive got 5 sideline seats, close to $900 each per year, or $4500 total. Thats something I really cant afford. For a few years after the stadium opened I was able to resell a few marquee games cover 75% of the cost, and go cheap to the rest.

Its been a slow squeeze, but each year I get busier, able to go to fewer games, and I get less for the ones I do resell. Last year was pretty ugly, I was able to go to only 5 games, and I only recovered about $2500 selling the others, and the 5 games I went to had plenty of $20 or less seats available on StubHub.

This year Ive only been able to make one game, but Ive recovered about $2400. (I sell ahead, my July tix are gone already). Its tough to say how this turns out, I may not be able to make any more games, but get most of it back. I could also see ending up $1000 short, and in effect paying $1000 for 5 seats against Chicago. Only reasons Im even considering hanging in are the benefits(my kids LOVE the autograph sessions), and the fact that Im in row 2, if I come back at later date it will take a while to work back to that good of seats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users