178 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,107 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

The loss mathematically eliminates us from defending the Supporters Shield and guarantees we finish below LAFC in the Shield standings.

I'm amused at the pretense of significance behind that.    Even without LAFC having the year they are, the shield was never a consideration this season.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,722 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Watch, if you dare:
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=MggW_wyfTgw

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

The definitely have an advantage at home since the Yankee Stadium field is a joke, so their point total every year is above what it should really be.

But roster-wise they have assembled a nice team with a bunch of attacking options. Heber has been a fantastic signing for them.

I say the same thing every time MLS posts a 'Is this the year NYCFC finally wins it all?' article.

I want to see them win a single playoff game convincingly before I call them contenders.  I realize it's a new set of players every year, etc., but this team has gotten thrashed out of the building in like 3/4 of their playoff history.

Their home field is the wild card, I'm sure Sims was like 'what have I done' when his first start was on that so-called pitch.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

I say the same thing every time MLS posts a 'Is this the year NYCFC finally wins it all?' article.

I want to see them win a single playoff game convincingly before I call them contenders.  I realize it's a new set of players every year, etc., but this team has gotten thrashed out of the building in like 3/4 of their playoff history.

Their home field is the wild card, I'm sure Sims was like 'what have I done' when his first start was on that so-called pitch.

Hope they warned him this was field quality for 10th division England with U14 field size.
Saw more slips last night then the rest of year combined

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I really wish Sims would have started, only because he would have gotten to run up and down the side that isn't a sodded over infield. We'll see how he does over the next few games. At first glance, he's the type of winger who, combined with a healthy Kemar, could have put last year's team over the top.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

The Muyl goal was a thing of beauty. Inexplicable backing off after that. Like I say about BWP - if he only gets a spare look or two he wont likely finish it. He needs to be in the flow of the game getting looks to get scoring. White does seem more lethal in that poacher's kind of way.

It'd be interesting to see visiting teams' overall attacking stats on the YS right field goal. Half of that side being sodded over infield seems to have a big impact. Guys playing there need to use SG cleats or something.

Also, watching BWP and Barlow miss sitters and Sims making a quick impression, makes me wonder how this year could've gone if the money spent on Jorgenson, prospect for Europe, was used on player/s that could've improved the team now (like depth at CM, I've never rated Beze). Just letting a great era of talent go to waste. I can't imagine this ambitionless side piece of a super corporate club being a particularly inspiring one to suit up for at the moment.

RED. BULL. OUT.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I really wish Sims would have started, only because he would have gotten to run up and down the side that isn't a sodded over infield. We'll see how he does over the next few games. At first glance, he's the type of winger who, combined with a healthy Kemar, could have put last year's team over the top.

Tough ask for a guy to get off a plane with little to no training sessions and then START a derby match on a shit field.

That being said he would have been EXTREMELY valuable had he been in the field after the first goal. Weve never figured out how to effectively counter, but I hear hes got wheels. Might have been able to steal another goal.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Without a coach who has the trust and respect of players there is no hope for this team. Every single player has regressed except royer and that's not because they forgot how to play. Unfortunately it doesn't stop with the coach, or the sporting director. But sure the problem is rb or striker or rm or cm, not the joke this organization is with no one taking responsibility for anything because all is just as it should be in rb universe.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Tough ask for a guy to get off a plane with little to no training sessions and then START a derby match on a shit field.

That being said he would have been EXTREMELY valuable had he been in the field after the first goal. Weve never figured out how to effectively counter, but I hear hes got wheels. Might have been able to steal another goal.

Oh, sure. Playing him 90 minutes would've seriously risked injury and Muyl always brings it against NYCFC. I just can't wait to see Sims on a decent surface.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

The Muyl goal was a thing of beauty. Inexplicable backing off after that. Like I say about BWP - if he only gets a spare look or two he wont likely finish it. He needs to be in the flow of the game getting looks to get scoring. White does seem more lethal in that poacher's kind of way.

It'd be interesting to see visiting teams' overall attacking stats on the YS right field goal. Half of that side being sodded over infield seems to have a big impact. Guys playing there need to use SG cleats or something.

Also, watching BWP and Barlow miss sitters and Sims making a quick impression, makes me wonder how this year could've gone if the money spent on Jorgenson, prospect for Europe, was used on player/s that could've improved the team now (like depth at CM, I've never rated Beze). Just letting a great era of talent go to waste. I can't imagine this ambitionless side piece of a super corporate club being a particularly inspiring one to suit up for at the moment.

what a goal from Myul 

would love to see those stats as well as the field is garbage.  wonder if NYC wears diference cleats.

I don't understand the turning off the high press.  I get its the 3rd game in a week but also 3rd game for NYC.  Also we had more rotated line up. 

Would like to see NYRB v NYC with full healthly rested 11 v 11 on normal field.  

the only thing CONSISTENT WITH US NOW IS OUR LACK OF CONSISTENCY

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,286 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
We got outplayed top to bottom last night. Not sure a healthy / rested 11 would have made a difference. We were fortunate not to lose by 3 or more

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

We got outplayed top to bottom last night. Not sure a healthy / rested 11 would have made a difference. We were fortunate not to lose by 3 or more

Not quite we looked great for first 15 and then changed tactics - unfortunately
And the last 20 min with sims on we looked good
Granted game should have been like 6-3

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

rewatching the highlights. 

I think Morales helped draw that PK and Murillo bit.

I don't think Morales was going to get off a great shot or would have need to throw a ridiculous move to do so.  Granted the guy has skill and probably could have juked Murillo and Robles.

Robles had him block from the front and then although Morales got the jump and had a 3 yard lead on Murillo, Murillo closed the distance and had him covered. Morales didn't even get set to shoot or make a move. he sort slightly slowed.    Murillo had him covered with his long legs and also pulled his left shoulder back.  That and the leverage of being 8 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier did the trick.  If Murillo stays a little calmer he would have been in good position.  

Also what kinda lax a daisical defneding was that by Long on Castellanos in the 2nd when he hit the post.  Come on Aaron. 

4 yellows ibnt he fist half.  Morales should have seen yellow for chi=opping down CCJ from behind on our goal.  He later gets a yellow.  

But then again NYC hit the post 3x and Robles had 3 great saves so.

I guess Armas thought BEZ offerred more defense that Omir but I don't rate BEZ that much and would have preferred Omir to play.  Or would have played a tired RZA or Davis over BEZ.   Maybe they were wiped out from the heavy field in DC.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,688 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Switching off the press is maddening. I can't w. Armas. Plan B is for when Plan A is NOT working!

RED. BULL. OUT.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I could see Boy City making MLS Cup this year

Unfortunately, I agree. They have a very real chance at getting the 1 seed in the East and they have a distinct advantage playing on that shit field because theyre used to it and no one else is. Fortunately, LAFC is historically good and undefeated at home (in league play), so my concern that theyll win MLS Cup isnt as high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users