Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

his big knock is that he tends to get injured. he'd be a july pickup that'd be medium-risk, but if he clicks for a bit, this could be even a more fun team to watch, no matter who's in the front 6. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

https://theathletic....tional-players/

MLS with a new initiative.  With how we run things, have to believe that it helps us a lot. We scout and bring in plenty of kids under the age of 20 and have proven to develop kids pretty well.

Major League Soccer is in the final stages of adding a new pot of money intended to incentivize teams to identify and sign young international players who could be sold at a profit in the future. The “Youth Transfer Fund,” as it’s being called by people familiar with the discussions, would give teams a large chunk of money to sign young players from outside the league—either international or young American players with non-MLS affiliated clubs, multiple league sources told The Athletic.

Sources said the new rule, which is in the final stages of development, will allow teams to use $3 million through the end of the 2022 season. The fund would be restricted to players aged 20 or younger, and the goal is for those players to come to the league, develop, and potentially be sold for a profit in later seasons.

A source confirmed the fund is expected to go into effect when the secondary transfer window opens on July 10. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

MLS with a new initiative.  With how we run things, have to believe that it helps us a lot. We scout and bring in plenty of kids under the age of 20 and have proven to develop kids pretty well.

It gives us money to do it/keep doing it, but it incentivizes every other team to do it as well, resulting in more competition for what is a limited pool of talent. Good for the league, but not necessarily great for us.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

It gives us money to do it/keep doing it, but it incentivizes every other team to do it as well, resulting in more competition for what is a limited pool of talent. Good for the league, but not necessarily great for us.

Thats a good point.  But I lean towards it still being better because it gives us more resources to go get these kids.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Major League Soccer is in the final stages of adding a new pot of money intended to incentivize teams to identify and sign young international players who could be sold at a profit in the future. The “Youth Transfer Fund,” as it’s being called by people familiar with the discussions, would give teams a large chunk of money to sign young players from outside the league—either international or young American players with non-MLS affiliated clubs, multiple league sources told The Athletic.

Sources said the new rule, which is in the final stages of development, will allow teams to use $3 million through the end of the 2022 season. The fund would be restricted to players aged 20 or younger, and the goal is for those players to come to the league, develop, and potentially be sold for a profit in later seasons.

A source confirmed the fund is expected to go into effect when the secondary transfer window opens on July 10. 

I love this.

5 names with a thought they'd accept 3 million bids

Giorgi Chakvetadze - Gent

Erling Håland - Molde

Orji Okwonkwo - Bologna

You Ju An - Suwon 

Blas Riveros - FC Basel

Tyler Adams - wait....

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Piatti...Montreal needs to blow it up and rebuild, get him in.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Piatti is available. He would be a great buy!

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Anyone know where we're at with our funny money funds? I'd assume Piatti would take close to a record breaking amount of allocation to bring in.

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I just read Geoff Cameron is testing the waters for a return to MLS, he has a clause that Stoke has to sell him if relegated.

Do not want him here, at all, but DC is 2nd on the allocation list, I wouldn't mind if he went there.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I just read Geoff Cameron is testing the waters for a return to MLS, he has a clause that Stoke has to sell him if relegated.

Do not want him here, at all, but DC is 2nd on the allocation list, I wouldn't mind if he went there.

I love that its only been a few years since DC blew all their resources on aging vets to revitalize the team, and after that understandably didn't bring them any closer to success they respond by doing the exact same thing but with guys 10x the price. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I love that its only been a few years since DC blew all their resources on aging vets to revitalize the team, and after that understandably didn't bring them any closer to success they respond by doing the exact same thing but with guys 10x the price. 

Yeah, it's the famous "Try again, fail bigger" approach.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
If Lee nguyen cost s shit load of allocation money then we can only imagine what Piatti would cost.

Seems like RB shys away from older players but he would still add an extra level of class to our squad.

I dont see it happening though

5 year plan

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Milo, in case you haven't posted about him already, Boca wants in on Pussetto, but if they miss out on him, they have their eyes on Sebastian Villa of Deportivo(?) Tolima. If we lose out to CABJ for Pussetto, I'm fine with that. We should swoop in for Villa. 

Villa ia also being looked at by Boca... Imo Yimmi Chara now that he didn't make the World Cup roster is a better choice... And now that they are playing Copa Sudaméricana by getting bounced from Copa Libretadores maybe don't take that competition as important as Libretadores or would be interested in selling off Chara if it meant millions that they can use on getting 2-3 local players...

Carrascal is better than Villa, Villa is meh...

I think Carrascal plays in a faster league and a similar system to RB and has the skill set to break teams down when they bunker down against NY like the worms did last night
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Major League Soccer is in the final stages of adding a new pot of money intended to incentivize teams to identify and sign young international players who could be sold at a profit in the future. The Youth Transfer Fund, as its being called by people familiar with the discussions, would give teams a large chunk of money to sign young players from outside the leagueeither international or young American players with non-MLS affiliated clubs, multiple league sources told The Athletic.

That's perfect I'd even extend it to 21 and younger... So they can sign any stand outs from say a u 20 World Cup or something..

Jorge Andrés Carrascal just turned 20...I think Sevilla would sell for 3 million in the blink of an eye.. I think they bought out his contract from Millonarios for 600k..his loan is up with his Ukrainian club June 30th... He'd be a great mid season signing.. Speed, goal-scoring, assist making and great 1v1 and good shot from distance
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Piatti plays the left side, so they would have to shift Royer. He'd add a new attacking threat, but you never know how these stars will click. Henry and Dero got tangled up with each other in midfield, for example. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users