• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Klinsman did a an amazinh job recruiting players like wood, zelalem, johnson, chandler, boyd and green. I think zelalem and green are the best prospects that USA has.

He failed in tactics. He tried to force the usa to play a style that they did not have the talent to do. In the world cup they looked terrible and got very luck to advance.

With arena or bradley, i dont think you will ever see USA out played like that.

His big coups were closing teh deal on Aaron Johannsson, Zelalem and Green none of whom likely would be playing for us, but Johnson and the others had either been called up or long on the radar. 

Outside of those successes, his tenure is a Hinderberg level failure. He was consistently out of his depth. He would erratically go off the reservation on tactics, get spanked, then be conservative and successful for a stretch, before again going rogue. It was unbearable to watch this team under Klinsi. 

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,430 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut
Zelalem had long talked about playing for USA prior to Klinsmann calling him up. Green was a Klinsmann capture, but it isn't like JK was going through birth records. US Soccer knew these kids and gave the names to Klinsmann to close the deal. He was seemingly successful but I think Bradley gets Green too, if he makes the same guarantee of playing in a World Cup.

Fabian Johnson is probably the only guy, that I can think of, which could be a win but I don't think Germany had him on their radar. Julien Green is also a win, but when you make the guarantees that JK did, it isn't hard to see why the kid picked USA.

Johansson was easy. He wanted to play in a World Cup and saw no route with Iceland.

Wood, Chandler and Boyd were going nowhere else. Chandler was a Bradley capture, anyway. Boyd has American tattoos all over the place and talks about the USA constantly. He wasn't close to being in the Germany squad. Wood is basically the same in not remotely getting a chance with Germany.

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

The secret to all these young German guys joining the USMNT fold was that it was not the work of Klinsmann. Instead it was the work of super-undercover SMF agent Matador. It's all part of SMF world domination!  :cheers:

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,344 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Johansson was easy. He wanted to play in a World Cup and saw no route with Iceland.

I thought Kevin Bacon closed the deal.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users