#331 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

so we should pretty much go undefeated this season, right?

#332 josh24601

josh24601

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,330 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, US, Greece

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

En ingles:

Posted Image

The LA Galaxy announced on Tuesday that the club has reached an agreement with Brazilian club São Paulo FC that will allow midfielder Juninho to return to the Galaxy on loan for the 2012 MLS season.

Additionally, the Galaxy have completed the signing of former São Paulo defender Leonardo, who joins the club permanently on a free transfer. Juninho and Leonardo each played for the Galaxy during the 2010 and 2011 seasons, helping the club repeat as Supporters’ Shield winners and win their third MLS Cup last season. Per club and league policy, terms of the contracts, were not disclosed.

Juninho, who is scheduled to return to Southern California next week ahead of the Galaxy’s preseason trip to Arizona, was an All-Star for the Galaxy last season and has been an ever-present force in the center of the Galaxy midfield over the past two seasons, starting 55 regular-season games as well as six of the club’s seven postseason matches.

One of the breakout stars in MLS last season, the 23-year-old appeared in and started 30 regular-season games for the Galaxy, scoring four goals and adding two assists while combining with David Beckham in the central midfield.

His impact on the field was even more profound in the CONCACAF Champions League, where he scored the game-winning goal in each of LA’s final two games in group play, giving the Galaxy a 2-1 home win over Morelia and a 1-0 win at Motagua, which gave LA a first place finish in Group A.

Following the 2011 MLS season, Juninho signed a contract extension with São Paulo and began training with the club’s first team in early January.

But according to São Paulo FC spokesman Felipe Espindola, manager Emerson Leão determined there would be no room for Juninho on the squad this season due to the number of midfielders currently on the roster. It was judged to be best for the player to arrange for a return to LA.

“Juninho is not going to be utilized at São Paulo [this season] per the coach’s decision and the club is accepting the loan deal for Juninho’s return to Los Angeles to play for the Galaxy,” Espindola told MLSsoccer.com on Tuesday.

Leonardo, who turned 24 years old on Sunday, was a key figure in the center of the Galaxy defense at the start of both the 2010 and 2011 seasons, but was limited by injures during his first two seasons with the Galaxy, playing in 17 of the club’s 64 regular-season games in that time.

After appearing in and starting 10 games for the club in 2010, the 6-foot-2 São Paulo native started each of LA’s first seven games in 2011, helping them go 3-1-3 and keep three clean sheets while even scoring the first goal of his MLS career in the 1-0 home win over Philadelphia on April 2.

However, late in the club’s 2-1 win in Chicago on April 17, Leonardo suffered a severe right knee injury, tearing both the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and lateral collateral ligament (LCL), which forced him to undergo surgery and miss the remainder of the season. He has been continuing his rehabilitation throughout the offseason and will return to Los Angeles on Tuesday night in order to move forward with his rehabilitation as he approaches a return to full fitness.

My thoughts on the matter:

#333 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

All your trophies are belong to us

Who cares about defense. Or the Salary cap.

And Leonardo must have been great in training, because Bruce doesn't unaccountably fall in love with players.

Here's to a lot of goals.

And to reality:

Has anyone figured out how many matches Beckham/Buddle/Donovan/Keane will miss from the Olympics/WCQ/Euros?

#334 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Edson Buddle: "Not a day went by that I didn't think about the Galaxy or follow the team."

Craziness.

The hate meter just got turned up a couple notches.

Players seem to want to play at LA Galaxy. Landon has mentioned that unlike many situations around the league, AEG and LA Galaxy take good care of the players. Perhaps Buddle may have found out that the treatment of players in LA is unusual worldwide. MLS franchises can create a bit of a gap between themselves and the competition by spending big money on proven DP's, a high risk proposition as many DP's have not done well. However, I think that stability and quality of facilities and player support from a medical, training, physical and mental point of view have been more important. New England has consistently done a poor job of caring for players. That may be a contributing factor for Dempsey moving to the EPL.

I think this just proves that when you do things the right way, and put the emphasis on the real value of the team (players and coaches), you are able to take advantage of your opportunities. Perhaps it is analogous to playing the game itself. If you do things the right way, take care of the little things, you are more likely to take your chances when they happen. While some players around the league are doing everything they can to leave, former LA players are doing all the can to return.
:cheers:

#335 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

En ingles:

Posted Image

Yes!!!!!!!!!

I just came again.

The googlez translator says: isso é bom

#336 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Has anyone figured out how many matches Beckham/Buddle/Donovan/Keane will miss from the Olympics/WCQ/Euros?

I asked this last week and no one responded. Guess we are all too lazy to look it up. Oh well, sooper club!
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#337 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

And to reality:

Let's Eat!

#338 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

CCL and MLS Cup final. :pint:
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#339 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

OK, so I'm avoiding finishing something important, and so I instantly have the time to do this...

June Match Days: 1-5 & 8-12 - No Galaxy Matches

UEFA Euro: June 8-July 1 - Ireland's third and likely final group match is 6/18 so Keane misses 6/17 v. Timbers and likely 6/20 @ RSL, should be back for 6/23. Depending on how early he leaves the team, he could also miss two more matches in late May, but the 5/26 match is on NBC, so I wonder...

Olympic Tournament: July 26-August 11 - Assuming Beckham stays for the whole thing, he misses seven matches - five in July and the first two in August.

Int'l Match Days - Sept 7-11: No matches

Int'l Match Days - Oct 12-16: No matches

Wow! So we loose Keane for a max of four matches and Beckham for seven - plus the days off via card accumulation for Victoria's birthday and movie previews, and royal weddings and testimonial matches and underwear appearances.

We lose Landon and Buddle for... zero!

And there are no conflicts with the CCL quarters, semis or finals!

#340 Rick Two

Rick Two

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, UCSB

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Posted Image

Free samples at all away games.

#341 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

OK, so I'm avoiding finishing something important, and so I instantly have the time to do this...

June Match Days: 1-5 & 8-12 - No Galaxy Matches

UEFA Euro: June 8-July 1 - Ireland's third and likely final group match is 6/18 so Keane misses 6/17 v. Timbers and likely 6/20 @ RSL, should be back for 6/23. Depending on how early he leaves the team, he could also miss two more matches in late May, but the 5/26 match is on NBC, so I wonder...

Olympic Tournament: July 26-August 11 - Assuming Beckham stays for the whole thing, he misses seven matches - five in July and the first two in August.

Int'l Match Days - Sept 7-11: No matches

Int'l Match Days - Oct 12-16: No matches

Wow! So we loose Keane for a max of four matches and Beckham for seven - plus the days off via card accumulation for Victoria's birthday and movie previews, and royal weddings and testimonial matches and underwear appearances.

We lose Landon and Buddle for... zero!

And there are no conflicts with the CCL quarters, semis or finals!

it's like the galaxy know what they're doing or something...

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#342 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Thanks Señor Bones :cheers:
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#343 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Should be worth at least 6-7 extra points in the pursuit of the Supporters Shield. Go Eng...err...Galaxy! :cheers:

#344 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

it's like the galaxy know what they're doing or something...

You mean The League knows how to cater to the G's.

P.S. LARS Juninho samba back on!
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#345 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Excellent news on Juninho. When does that free transfer for him happen? Also, naturalize him--then cap him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users