Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I always said that this team needs more talent to win. But we also need to maximize the talent we have. In play-offs when everything is on the line not having Murillo even available, who is 10 times more talented than Buck, is a coaching mistake of gigantic proportions. Then putting two pure forwards in, which has ALWAYS failed, and not even having center mid as a sub with 3 forwards on the roster, is another monstrous mistake. This off-season we need upgrade talent by hopefully bringing in Sims permanently and getting a difference making forward among other things, but we also need to have a coach who will maximize the the talent we already have and not use someone like Buck just because he works hard.

coulda sworn Fishkin tweeted that he will be going back to England. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

coulda sworn Fishkin tweeted that he will be going back to England. 

I like the guy a lot for MLS, but from what I've seen, this is not a true EPL material. Even if he is going back for now, hopefully we can buy him during the off-season.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I like the guy a lot for MLS, but from what I've seen, this is not a true EPL material. Even if he is going back for now, hopefully we can buy him during the off-season.

He's definitely not Premier League material, but with the crazy money in that league, I doubt Southampton let him go for less than a 5M dollar transfer, and I'm not sure he's worth that.  Who knows.

I had some hope that he might stay when he was moving his girlfriend out here, but his recent comments made it sound like he wants to go back.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Looked like he got a concussion. Really a shame he got hurt. Game might have turned out differently otherwise. What else is new.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Their bad luck with injuries exposing roster weak spots in the playoffs is remarkably consistent. "Good enough" roster-building wont break us through. We need owners who will take a "get it done" approach.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Sims is ok but ask yourself -- is he going to be a guy that gets 10g/10a next year? Because if he isn't then they should invest the $$$ to get him for someone better up front. Not on Sims -- another Veron-type player who scores a little every now and then.

I don't think a front three of Royer-White-Sims would be effective enough.

Maybe if they did a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 and put Sims at right mid that would be a better choice. He could still contribute and they could sign someone better to play up front.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

He's definitely not Premier League material, but with the crazy money in that league, I doubt Southampton let him go for less than a 5M dollar transfer, and I'm not sure he's worth that.  Who knows.

The fact that he's young, English, and an attacking player immediately inflates his transfer value beyond what I'd personally want them to pay. Sims is great by MLS standards, but for that kind of money we should be able to get an all-star level player.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Yea but he's English and from EPL, that doubles his value automatically because he played at the EPL!

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Dont think theres any chance Sims is here next season.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, after reading the quotes from some article, it was clear he fully intends on going back there.

Sucks because I think he's perfect for the team and system.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Sims is ok but ask yourself -- is he going to be a guy that gets 10g/10a next year? Because if he isn't then they should invest the $$$ to get him for someone better up front. Not on Sims -- another Veron-type player who scores a little every now and then.

I don't think a front three of Royer-White-Sims would be effective enough.

Maybe if they did a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 and put Sims at right mid that would be a better choice. He could still contribute and they could sign someone better to play up front.

lol

happy to have him back.  Was just hitting his groove before getting KO'ed.  

Sadly that was the best thing Blake did all game. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Sims would be an excellent addition but ONLY if the price is right and he is NOT the big signing or two we get i the off-season.

Hes a Royer level talent. Makes a difference and you never really worry about his position long term but NOT a player who will consistently take over games.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Yeah, after reading the quotes from some article, it was clear he fully intends on going back there.

Sucks because I think he's perfect for the team and system.

I am sure his plan is to play in EPL, but I am afraid that is not the case based on skill level and his future may still be here. I Would not discount this possibility just yet.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Doubt he comes back, I think he has ambitions of trying something back in England.

Also doubt this front office has any ability to bring in an all star level piece in the front 4.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Doubt he comes back, I think he has ambitions of trying something back in England.

Also doubt this front office has any ability to bring in an all star level piece in the front 4.

Are you saying hes an all star? Cause...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users