31 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

These people are out of their minds with these ticket prices. Cheapest seats are upper level corner seats for ~$67 including Ticketmaster fees. Hard pass on the flip and on attending. I'd expect to see some groupon deals later on.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

These people are out of their minds with these ticket prices. Cheapest seats are upper level corner seats for ~$67 including Ticketmaster fees. Hard pass on the flip and on attending. I'd expect to see some groupon deals later on.

Peru represents well.   The match against Iceland was massive.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

That was Peru's sendoff before their first world cup in (?????) years.  I misjudged that one but I really don't think they'll sell this place out enough to warrant a flip. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Agreed....now folks are just being greedy trying to take advantage of the relevance of the Peru National Team now, that they went to the 2018 World Cup (after 36 Years) and making the recent Copa America Final! 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Peru represents well ... against Iceland was massive.

It sold out day of game, and there were hundreds, if not thousands, outside trying to buy last minute. I sat among the tiny contingent of Iceland fans.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts

folks are just being greedy trying to take advantage of the relevance of the Peru National Team now, that they went to the 2018 World Cup (after 36 Years) and making the recent Copa America Final! 

Supply and demand. Promoters want to maximize profit. Many immigrants want to represent for their homelands and perhaps be seen on TV back in the old country.
Ecuador has drawn well in NJ. I recall crowds of 40K+ at GS. Match that with the big Peru turnout vs. Iceland and the prices understandably start out high.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It sold out day of game, and there were hundreds, if not thousands, outside trying to buy last minute. I sat among the tiny contingent of Iceland fans.

My grown son I were alone in our Iceland colors (no ancestry; we jumped on that bandwagon after their Euro success) , and dozens of Peru supporters asked to have their pictures with us as we walked into the stadium, and at our seats.   Then, when the Iceland national anthem came on everyone around for several rows turned and looked at us, so we stood up and loudly sung the whole thing with made up Scandinavia sounding words.  We received a rousing applause.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

sweetman

sweetman

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Supports:RedBull NY, Arsenal

This pricing is similar to what I remember for previous Peru friendlies. I snapped up 13 for my extended Peruvian family.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Supply and demand. Promoters want to maximize profit. Many immigrants want to represent for their homelands and perhaps be seen on TV back in the old country.
Ecuador has drawn well in NJ. I recall crowds of 40K+ at GS. Match that with the big Peru turnout vs. Iceland and the prices understandably start out high.

I remember the first soccer match ever at Citifield. Greece v. Ecuador. Sold out and the vast majority Ecuadorian and I believe Citifield holds over 42,000

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
The real shame is that very few of these fans find their way back to RBA for an MLS match.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
Didn't Peru play Paraguay at RBA in the spring? How was the attendance for that one?

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

My grown son I were alone in our Iceland colors (no ancestry; we jumped on that bandwagon after their Euro success) , and dozens of Peru supporters asked to have their pictures with us as we walked into the stadium, and at our seats.   Then, when the Iceland national anthem came on everyone around for several rows turned and looked at us, so we stood up and loudly sung the whole thing with made up Scandinavia sounding words.  We received a rousing applause.

Thats hilarious.

CahillsRightJab

CahillsRightJab

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, CFC, USMNT, Cafateros

That's fucking great. 

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,422 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Goo for you :lol: 

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

r/thathappened

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users