#1 The Herr

The Herr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:53 PM

The Herr was thinking that the pholks of Section8 could do something wild and crazy for the new coming season and he figured, why not wear them Mexican wrestling masks Section8-style??? Wouldn't Section8 look more intimidating towards the opponent and their fans by donning a red Fire mask??? The Herr could help design a mask that suits everybody's taste and with enough interest generated, it could make a new bold statement for Section8 and for the Chicago Fire organization. Any thoughts or ideas pholks??? Posted Image

#2 John jr

John jr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Interests:Women, fine sausage, Beer
  • Supports:THE FIRE

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:11 PM

FUCK NO!

#3 jjayg

jjayg

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:46 PM

Feel free to make masks and wear them and distribute them as you like. I personally don't care for the masks. They hold no traditional value for me like they do for Mexicans and I think they look a little silly. But I know at least one person who already wears a luchidores mask. There might be a few others who want to. But as a whole I wouldn't support this idea.

#4 Shanks

Shanks

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire!

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:51 PM

I'd be more supportive of "war paint." Not a bad idea at all though.

#5 Mazzoni

Mazzoni

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Computer, Soccer
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 20 December 2006 - 07:52 PM

masks are dumb

#6 FireFanInPackerLand

FireFanInPackerLand

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • Supports:MU rah rah, Fire, Celtic, USMNT

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

Maybe I'm a gringo, but I never got it. I know a little about lucha libre and stuff, but I don't think it crosses over well for our purposes. Spend 90 minutes singing about how great the team is, and how we're all proud to be chicagoans, then wear masks concealing our identity? I think not. stare Reis straight in the face. Sin mascara.

#7 SirWiggle

SirWiggle

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, The Fire, beer, and the Fire

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:43 PM

I think it's going to be hit or miss with most everyone. But it's worth the try if you get a bunch of people to wear them. The lucha libre masks might be more comfortable than the paper masks someone else suggested in another thread.
I AM A FAN OF THE CHICAGO FIRE. AS SUCH I BELIEVE YOUR TEAM IS INFERIOR TO OURS IN EVERY SINGLE WAY. IN FACT, I HEARD THAT YOUR TEAMS FANS COME FROM LOW-INCOME NEIGHBORHOODS AND HAVE HAD SEXUAL INTERCOURSE WITH FAMILY MEMBERS. IN CONTRAST AND IN SPITE OF ACTUAL EVIDENCE I BELIEVE THAT YOUR FANS HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN A FAIR AMOUNT OF SEXUAL ACTIVITY INVOLVING LIVESTOCK. OUR SUPPORTERS GROUP'S POWER OF RHETORIC IS SO MUCH MORE POWERFUL THAN YOURS. IN FACT OUR FANS HAVE HAD A ROMANTIC INTERLUDE WITH YOUR GOALKEEPER'S WIFE IN WHICH FELLATIO WAS PERFORMED FORTHWITH OVER A PERIOD OF HOURS. WE THEN PAID HER FOR HER SERVICES. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO INFORM FANS THAT OUR SUPPORTERS GROUP CONSUMES LARGE AMOUNTS OF ALCOHOL AND NARCOTICS IN AN EFFORT TO SHOW HOW POWERFUL AND FRIGHTENING WE CAN BE IN AN EFFORT TO INSTILL PSYCHOLOGICAL FEAR AMONG OPPOSING PLAYERS.

#8 The Herr

The Herr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:25 AM

Damn!!!! The Herr thought most of y'all would be pouncing all over this idea but guess he underestimated most of y'all die-hard Fire fans!!!! War face paint would also be a welcoming edition to Section8, but an exclusive Section8 mask would have been da bomb!!!!! This idea is still in its infancy, but hopefully the F.O. will see this thread , get excited and take full advantage of this idea!!!! Who knows, other MLS firms could follow suit, but wouldn't it be great if all the S8'er out there would be able to acknowledge the fact that they were the first ones to incorporate this supportors tradition???? The Herr hasn't lost all hope yet!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#9 pezkoreaddict

pezkoreaddict

Pezkore Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire - Ultras Red Side

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:58 AM

this isn't a WWE fan group.

besides, i want all the bastards on other teams to see my face while i'm yelling at them.

and the only person i know that could pull off the mask is Lenny, since he is sitting near the tunnel, and likes to freak out Brandy when she is broadcasting.

#10 phantum

phantum

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:We Are Chicago ... This Is The Fire

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:22 AM

Did he say Firms?

#11 FireFanInPackerLand

FireFanInPackerLand

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • Supports:MU rah rah, Fire, Celtic, USMNT

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:37 AM

So wait, if we carbon copy something from Mexico and Latin America, then we're the first to do it? You've lost me, Herr.

#12 chileno18

chileno18

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Interests:futbol<br /><br />MY CLUBS:<br />*Chicago Fire <br />*River Plate<br />*Univ. Catolica<br />*Villareal CF
  • Supports:FIRE, River, U.Catolica, CHILE

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:35 PM

Did he say Firms?

LOL he sure did :lol:

as for the 'masks' idea... i would never!

#13 WolfmanHasNards!

WolfmanHasNards!

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

Good luck trying to find a massive amount of people who are willing to sport a luchadore mask. Especially during the summer months. I do, however, like mask idea. I wouldn't mind wearing one from time to time. Aren't they expensive to get made though? Strange Cargo sells (or at least they used to sell) medicore masks but they were expensive.

#14 Mr E

Mr E

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Supports:Fire,Red Stars,Nottingham Forest

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:35 PM

I might know a place where you can get "gimp" masks. Maybe get a group to stand in the front row wearing these. Now that would be a frightening sight for the opposing goalie.
Eric H

#15 *L97KID*

*L97KID*

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Fire, Poker
  • Supports:Chicago Fire/Tottenham Hotspur

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:44 PM

i NEVER thought about ignoring the herr cuz i always get a laugh hearing him embarass himslef and other embarassing him but the moment he talked about "Mexican Masks" and "Firms" in the same post i was very tempted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users