66 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Id like to see Fernandez get some more run, for as highly touted as he was he got little playing time last season.

split minutes between him and Valot, we know what Muyl is so idk why hed be pilfering minutes from Omir at this point

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Still cant get over how there was no quality replacement
for Bradley.

Yeah it would be funny if it wasnt sad, he didnt really play last season but for a team that promised to reverse last seasons disastrous regression all they did in the offseason was sign unproven replacements for Murillo, Kemar, and Robles and brought Sims back in on loan.

Never replaced Tyler, never replaced Brad. CCJ touted as a Adams replacement but hes probably more of a Davis replacement, or someone who gets sold in the near future.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

This MLS article names Sims as one of the "10 breakout candidates for the MLS is Back Tournament". I'd say that's a swing and a miss. 

https://www.mlssocce...nt-greg-seltzer

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Id like to see Fernandez get some more run, for as highly touted as he was he got little playing time last season.

split minutes between him and Valot, we know what Muyl is so idk why hed be pilfering minutes from Omir at this point

I would really like to hear more about Omir. He was fantastic in that CCL game but never seemed to replicate that consistently.  

It looked like he was not in peak shape and maybe the long first season got to him.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

This MLS article names Sims as one of the "10 breakout candidates for the MLS is Back Tournament". I'd say that's a swing and a miss. 

https://www.mlssocce...nt-greg-seltzer

Does that mean Sims is extended past June or whoever wrote this article doesn't have a slightest clue what he is talking about?

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Does that mean Sims is extended past June or whoever wrote this article doesn't have a slightest clue what he is talking about?

My guess would be the latter.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Still cant get over how there was no quality replacement
for Bradley.

Not even an attempt. Kemar forced a sale because he said that the team didnt care about winning or improving the team. And he's completely right.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

A very solid majority of the writers on the league website couldn't cut it at SBnation sites, let alone professional sports journalism.

There's zero reason to read anything into Sims being on there.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Saw this tweet from Fishkin:

https://twitter.com/...632865061294080

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Saw this tweet from Fishkin:

https://twitter.com/...632865061294080

sad but not surprised

Omir Mines Stroud - this is your big chance

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Shame if this doesn't work out.  I was a big fan of what Sims brought to the table.  Played fast and had real speed.  Worked hard too.  

Down to 1 Designated player....

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Gah, we need some speed on the wings and he was the first we had of that since Lloyd Sam. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Omir Mines Stroud - this is your big chance

If combined into one person.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Lets move on already....he honestly was not worth a DP spot in this version of MLS 3.0 or whatever version we are on!! Where is the Cristian Pavon or Almirons for this damn team!!!

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Lets move on already....he honestly was not worth a DP spot in this version of MLS 3.0 or whatever version we are on!! Where is the Cristian Pavon or Almirons for this damn team!!!

Or Noah Okafor, or Max Wober, or Karim Adeyemi, or Erling Braut Haland.

The answer is that they're all going to Salzburg, because the return on investment for a player who goes to Salzburg is way better than a player coming to the United States.

Until MLS is actually a selling league, or Red Bull sells, we're not getting anything better than Jorgensen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users